Thread: Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman on "Late Show"

Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman on "Late Show"

Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman on "Late Show"

ByLAUREN MORASKI
    April 10, 2014, 12:06 PM

CBS didn't waste too much time finding a new host for the "Late Show." Exactly a week after David Letterman announced his plans to retire, his successor has been named.

Stephen Colbert, the host, writer and executive producer of "The Colbert Report," will replace Letterman in 2015.

"Stephen Colbert is one of the most inventive and respected forces on television," CBS Chairman and CEO Les Moonves said in a statement Thursday. "David Letterman's legacy and accomplishments are an incredible source of pride for all of us here, and today's announcement speaks to our commitment of upholding what he established for CBS in late night."

The 49-year-old Colbert, who signed a five-year deal, said in a statement: "Simply being a guest on David Letterman's show has been a highlight of my career. I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave's lead. I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."

Colbert's premiere date will be revealed after Letterman figures out a timetable for his final episodes. According to CBS, "Late Show" creative elements, as well as the producers and the location for the Colbert-hosted "Late Show" will be announced at a later date.

read more:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-...-on-late-show/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he's the best man for the job.

Good for him.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Louis C.K. wuz robbed!

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Should pick up Letterman's conservative-bashing without missing a beat.

Only about... 9 or 10 more episodes of The Colbert Report left before he moves to the Late Show in January!!
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We like Jimmy Fallon. Cute, multitalented, funny, and polite. He writes thank you notes every week.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Stupid show gets worse.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know this Colbert fellow. Only know the network shows. Craig Ferguson is hands down the best, in my opinion. The guy can improvise like none of the other hosts. He adapts himself to each guest. Only has a shell of a script. Too bad he's leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I don't know this Colbert fellow. Only know the network shows. Craig Ferguson is hands down the best, in my opinion. The guy can improvise like none of the other hosts. He adapts himself to each guest. Only has a shell of a script. Too bad he's leaving.

First show is tonight with guests George Clooney, Jeb Bush, and Jon Batiste.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-sh...ephen-colbert/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpuLxh_CYII

Starting at 3:45 when Colbert roasts Bo Dietl is gets hilarious.

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

lol pretty good so far..

Made some great jokes against Trump and Jeb
    Last edited by dannno; 09-09-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Executive Producer

Jon Stewart