Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian man converts to Islam

Christian man converts to Islam

“I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Emotional testimony of faith

Nurse converts to Islam

these people would not convert to Islam if they were truly a Christian and saved, lol.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

I can list a thousand of the "muslim converts to Christianity".. not sure you point friend

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    these people would not convert to Islam if they were truly a Christian and saved, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    strawman. If you are a true saved Believer in Christ you have the HS living in you. No one can pluck you from Jesus, the Good Shepard.

strawman.
    That wasn't a straw man.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Emotional testimony of faith

This man may be a brilliant linguist, but through his love for the languages was duped into believing a lie. In this video, he just managed to convince this woman to deny Yeshua/Jesus as the Son of God. The Son of God was evident all through the Old Testament scripture and was the Promise to mankind. Somewhere along the line--this man became more lost than he was when he was professing Christianity. I feel very sad for the woman in that video.

The evidence of Jesus in the Old Testament is here:

Isaiah 7:14

Isaiah 9:6

Micah 5:2

Zechariah 9:9

Psalm 22:16

Isaiah 53:3-7

Zechariah 12:10
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-10-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Couple notes on the first video...

Greek was absolutely the lingua franca of the day in Israel during Jesus' time. The New Testament isn't written in Aramaic as he claims: it was written originally in Greek, and for two very important reasons. First, because it was the language of the educated. Second, because so many people knew and spoke it!

Moreover, New Testament Greek is regularly learned by Christian clergy to this day... the ones that actually want to know what it says, that is. I haven't been to a Bible study in at least five years that didn't include some Greek. There are also many places that teach it to the laity.

The preachers he was talking to about Scripture were charlatans, and I think that's obvious.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I can list a thousand of the "muslim converts to Christianity".. not sure you point friend
    I think is a response to TER's posts on Muslims converting to Christianity.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Except fisharmor wasn't commenting on whether or not the argument was true or false, he was simply pointing out the fallacy. The fallacy you're citing would have been applicable if fisharmor had also said that because the argument used a fallacy, it is therefore false. Don't be a Collinz.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Except fisharmor wasn't commenting on whether or not the argument was true or false, he was simply pointing out the fallacy. The fallacy you're citing would have been applicable if fisharmor had also said that because the argument used a fallacy, it is therefore false. Don't be a Collinz.
    I'm not. I'm trying out my troll skillz. I have no natural trolling abilities, so I practice when I get a chance.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Could one be a Christian Believer but "convert" to and practice a religion? (Islam or any other)?

Being a believer is not a religion.. it is Faith.. Could one retain his faith and practice a religion? as a witness or for political purpose?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Could one be a Christian Believer but "convert" to and practice a religion? (Islam or any other)?

Being a believer is not a religion.. it is Faith.. Could one retain his faith and practice a religion? as a witness or for political purpose?
    Absolutely not.

Believers are anointed with the Holy Spirit. His commission is to lead believers into all truth . . . John 16:13 . . . not into error or false religions.

It is His job to protect Christians from false teachings, and HE WILL.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No. Because religion has to do with worship. False religion necessarily leads to idolatry.

No and no.
    This is pretty much the sum of what's wrong in American protestantism today. Outside of a couple islands full of what society considers nutjobs, the entire ethos is full of people who are constantly trying on other people's clothes.
    There are protestants alive in every denomination who remember a time when attempting to bring a drum set into a sanctuary would get you run out on a rail. Today the rock band isn't even good enough: we need giant projection screens because 30 years ago someone got the bright idea that expressing solidarity by repeating points of doctrine every week was old fashioned, and started making throw-away services. All because they saw someone else doing it.

Gene Robinson didn't happen in some kind of bubble. Ignorance or contempt for doctrine goes hand-in-hand with the one-upmanship.

Practice and doctrine are inseparable. I've never been to a Muslim service but I guarantee Muwahid will corroborate this statement: everything that happens at Muslim services happens for a theological reason.

This is the reason Yusuf Estes had the girl repeat after him in the second video. It's that easy. You will never, ever see a Muslim service using an organ. They know something that, to date, only one Christian faith has figured out.... you don't act like the people who believe things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    Absolutely not.

Believers are anointed with the Holy Spirit. His commission is to lead believers into all truth . . . John 16:13 . . . not into error or false religions.

It is His job to protect Christians from false teachings, and HE WILL.
    And yet (Allegedly) they get into politics. Which is the religion of the state.

and certainly,, one could join a church or a religion that he did not agree with,, just to fit in socially.. and not deny his faith.

I do that with Baptists. I belong to a local Baptist church,, but I am not a Baptist.

I occasionally go to a Catholic Church. (Weddings, Funerals and such) and though I was raised as a Catholic,, I do not consider myself as such.

If i lived among Muslims,, I would likely go with them as well.. and that would not change my Faith in Christ.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    No. Because religion has to do with worship. False religion necessarily leads to idolatry.
    NO.. It does not.

I can wash my hands religiously.. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Faith or worship.

Religion is nothing but forms and practices,, habits. Outward actions. and perhaps some man-made organization.

You are confusing social constructs with Faith and Spirit.

God does not care about religion.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

There are protestants alive in every denomination who remember a time when attempting to bring a drum set into a sanctuary would get you run out on a rail.
    Not to derail. But I know that is true.

How very unfortunate.

and yes,, some even oppose dance..
    And both Music and Dance have been forms of worship throughout time.

This is exactly why religion sucks so much.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Its one thing to go to an idolatrous service a single time, solely to see what the services are like. Its another thing to continually attend the false services and pretend like you are one of them.

I don't see how Baptists are comparable to Muslims at all. Unless you're going with the Sola_Fide reasoning on Arminians and its an Arminian baptist church (Or the inverse reasoning with a particular baptist church) I don't see how its comparable at all. Islam is a blatantly false religion with no elements of Christianity at all. Few, if any, baptist churches are at that level of heresy.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Its one thing to go to an idolatrous service a single time, solely to see what the services are like. Its another thing to continually attend the false services and pretend like you are one of them.

I don't see how Baptists are comparable to Muslims at all. Unless you're going with the Sola_Fide reasoning on Arminians and its an Arminian baptist church (Or the inverse reasoning with a particular baptist church) I don't see how its comparable at all. Islam is a blatantly false religion with no elements of Christianity at all. Few, if any, baptist churches are at that level of heresy.
    I was Baptized by a Calvinist Baptist many years ago.
    I don't buy into the Calvinist doctrine,, and i don't decide whether the man was saved or not. Not My Decision to make.

He was a sour dour man with no apparent joy in his life.. not a path I wish to follow.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

God does not care about religion.
    ^^this

Why can't God be big enough for everybody?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NO.. It does not.

I can wash my hands religiously.. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Faith or worship.

Religion is nothing but forms and practices,, habits. Outward actions. and perhaps some man-made organization.

You are confusing social constructs with Faith and Spirit.

God does not care about religion
    He does. This is part of why He condescended to become man-to establish His church and an enduring relationship with His children on earth. In doing so, he also taught us to be a family in Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    He does. This is part of why He condescended to become man-to establish His church and an enduring relationship with His children on earth. In doing so, he also taught us to be a family in Christ.
    His church isn't about "relgion". Pharisees are a prime example. Jesus had nothing good to say about religion.

His church isn't about "relgion". Pharisees are a prime example. Jesus had nothing good to say about religion.
    This is a caricature.
    As a child, was he not presented at the temple?
    Did He not teach in that temple?
    Did He not demand that John baptize him?
    Did He not praise the poor woman who gave her copper coin to the temple?
    What did He say to the moneychangers as he drove them out? Wasn't it "My temple is to be a house of prayer"?
    Did He not promise to destroy the temple and rebuild it?
    Did He not say to Simon "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church?"
    Didn't the transfiguration happen during Sukkot, which Jesus was celebrating?
    Did He not instruct his disciples what to do when they fast?
    In the parable of the wedding feast, did He not say that those who aren't wearing wedding clothes will be thrown out?
    Did He not say to the Pharisees that the altar is greater than the gift which is offered on it?
    Did He not celebrate the Passover with his disciples?

How are any of these things possible outside a context where Jesus supports religion?

This is a caricature.
    As a child, was he not presented at the temple?
    Did He not teach in that temple?
    Did He not demand that John baptize him?
    Did He not praise the poor woman who gave her copper coin to the temple?
    What did He say to the moneychangers as he drove them out? Wasn't it "My temple is to be a house of prayer"?
    Did He not promise to destroy the temple and rebuild it?
    Did He not say to Simon "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church?"
    Didn't the transfiguration happen during Sukkot, which Jesus was celebrating?
    Did He not instruct his disciples what to do when they fast?
    In the parable of the wedding feast, did He not say that those who aren't wearing wedding clothes will be thrown out?
    Did He not say to the Pharisees that the altar is greater than the gift which is offered on it?
    Did He not celebrate the Passover with his disciples?

How are any of these things possible outside a context where Jesus supports religion?
    Jesus transcends Religion.

And the foundation that his Church is built on,, is the revelation Knowledge that He is Christ.

The Baptism of John was not any part of the "religion" of the day.. It was new.

He was what Passover was ALL ABOUT.

Religion may have some place,, in this temporal world..
    but not the place it is given.. And God transcends it all.

The Church is all believers of all time,, even those who in ignorance or confusion believe and practice in error.

God looks on,, and judges the heart. Not any outward appearance or forms and rituals.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-11-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Christ did in fact establish a Church, with bishops and priests and deacons, in order to feed the world. Unfortunately, in this spirit of relativism and individualism (which defines the modern Western thought), the idea of a communion of members in unity of faith, mind, spirit, and worship has been relegated to being at best 'byzantine' and at worst 'insensitive' to other people's convictions and thoughts. But Christ came not to conform us to the world, but to His Kingdom. And likewise, we as members of His Body do not conform the Church to our own desires, but rather conform ourselves to it. This requires humility and faith, and those who take this path are fed the very Heavenly Gifts He has established for the healing of souls and bodies.

The naysayers seem to forget that this is the faith of their forefathers, of the saints who have defended the faith since the beginning. This idea that there is no physical Church, and that religion is evil or a distraction, is due to a poor understanding of religion being truly a way of life, that is, an orientation of own's own life and worship towards the heavenly and divine. One foot in this world, with the other in heaven, with eyes always gazed upward. The protestors chop at the very roots of the Christian faith, and separate themselves from the communion of the saints. Why? Because it is easier to make one's own religion, and own doctrines. Because people prefer to be their own pope then to be a servant. Because it is less turbulent to remain in the status quo and to dictate for ourselves what we feel is necessary and or not necessary, or prooftext what we want to consider right and wrong. This stems from pride and from fear. But the Kingdom of Heaven is taken by force as the Lord said, and this requires force against our own will, our own prejudices, and our own fears. And this violence is above all against our ownselves, our own egos. Blessed is the man who humbles themselves and puts the mind of the Church above their own mind. For they will taste of the Kingdom here in this world.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

to the Muslim OP-

Muslims believe one must be sorry for sin and repent of it, but the idea that payment for sin is required by a holy God is not part of Islam. It’s important to begin with the idea that being sorry for sin will not help the Muslim when he stands before a holy God on Judgment Day. Ask the Muslim if a murderer will be allowed to go free if he says he’s sorry in court. Most Muslims would agree that if the judge is a good man, he must make sure justice is done. Being sorry won’t keep the murderer out of prison. Then ask the Muslim if he believes he will go to heaven. Muslims believe in the Law of Moses, so ask if he has kept each one of the commandments perfectly. Once he admits he has lied at some time in his life or lusted after a woman in his heart, ask him, if an earthly judge can’t pardon a murderer just because he is sorry, how can Allah forgive him when he has just admitted to being a liar and/or an adulterer in his heart. If he’s at all honest, he will admit this is impossible. At this point, you can say that God made it possible for him to go to heaven even though he can’t get there on his own. Preach Jesus Christ as our substitute for sin, our Savior from sins we cannot atone for ourselves, but do not say that He was the Son of God or allude to the Trinity as these ideas are anathema to Muslims.

Again, the key to witnessing to Muslims is their lack of assurance. Islam teaches that Allah was the source of both the Bible and the Qur’an, so they are willing to listen to passages from the Bible. Passages that speak to the wickedness of man’s heart (Psalm 14:1-3; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:9-18), the holiness of God (Exodus 15:11; 1 Samuel 2:2; Joshua 24:19; Psalm 93:5) and His hatred for sin (Deuteronomy 25:16; Proverbs 6:16-19) will drive home the need for a Savior. As long as the Muslim believes he can atone for sin himself, the message of the gospel will be foolishness to him. If he comes to understand that “no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law” (Romans 3:20), the door is open for the light of the gospel to shine in his heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast