Thread: The Bottom Line - We Did It!

The Bottom Line - We Did It!

I'm reading about how we didn't make it to 12 mil, or whether or not we should of had this day blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that we made a statement today that can't be ignored. We surpassed Giuliani's Q3 fund raising, and we still have a month to spare.

In that sense, RudysReadingList was a huge success. Ron Paul challenged Rudy, and we let Rudy know that we're behind Ron 100%

All this money is great, but it won't make a bit of difference if we don't get the delegates. If you really want to make an impact, find out how to become a delegate for your state.

And remember, keep the LOVE in rEVOLution! Now let's regroup and make the big push for the 16th!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyte View Post
    I'm reading about how we didn't make it to 12 mil, or whether or not we should of had this day blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that we made a statement today that can't be ignored. We surpassed Giuliani's Q3 fund raising, and we still have a month to spare.

In that sense, RudysReadingList was a huge success. Ron Paul challenged Rudy, and we let Rudy know that we're behind Ron 100%

All this money is great, but it won't make a bit of difference if we don't get the delegates. If you really want to make an impact, find out how to become a delegate for your state.

And remember, keep the LOVE in rEVOLution! Now let's regroup and make the big push for the 16th!
    I agree. At least we passed Rudy's 3rd Quarter Fundraising numbers, which was an accomplishment in it's own right.

Even more important, we gave our campaign the means to buy ad time in IA/NH. It's absolutely vital that we do this now.

We might beat all the other recent candidate moneybombs combined by the end of the day. Theirs have all pretty much flopped. And Q4 is the toughest quarter for fundraising unless you are favored to win the presidency (Hillary).

Well said!

Can you imagine what they would say if Huckleberry Hound raised $500k+ in just one day with only a few days notice?

We won again. The establishment lost again.

THIS ELECTION WILL BE ABOUT 2 ISSUES: WAR AND IMMIGRATION.

Absolutely. The campaign asked for money and WE gave it to them. It looks like the total will probably end up around $700K (my guess...).

Think about that -- almost 3/4 of a MILLION dollars in one day. All given by thousands of individuals, many of whom may not see $750,000 in a LIFETIME.

Do not listen to the talking-heads in the MSM who tell us that this is a defeat or a set back. This was a small boost thrown together in the last 2 weeks. There is power in numbers folks, and WE HAVE THE NUMBERS.

Those of us who gave today gave what we could today and are prepared to give again on the 16th AND AGAIN BETWEEN NOW AND THEN IF THE CAMPAIGN CALLS FOR IT. Those who can only afford to give one day have picked one of the two dates and have/will give what they can. Those who can't afford to give on either day are doing what they can on other fronts.

WE ARE ALL WORKING FOR THE SAME CAUSE -- THE ONLY WAY THAT *THEY* CAN DEFEAT US IS IF WE DEFEAT OURSELVES.

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING~! RON PAUL 2008
    Last edited by VicVixvi; 11-30-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: typo

That's RIGHT! We WHOOPED ASS!

If we get to $10.5 million we will have reached my goal too, which is DOUBLE OUR Quarter 3!!!
    Beyond the Presidency - Running for office ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    My wife and I are proud members of the 2300 club!

I voted for Dr. Paul on Jan. 8th, 2008!

Great post, Vic. We're here to give the campaign the means to win. But Dr. Paul has to win the votes with his message and personal appeal. It's about him and his message, not just some little fundraising milestones we get so enthused about.

RP supporters done good today. I know Ron Paul appreciates it tremendously. This money helps us counter Huckabee and McCain and the others in IA and NH, giving us our chance at a first or second in those states.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We're not done tonight. There's more gas in the tank.

Still, at some point in the near, we'll have $12mil and then we'll have more than that. But RP will have have something even more important than that... US ...committed supporters, an organically grown grassroot organization, not some astroturf or highly enriched Mitt (I mean mulch).

WE should be proud of US.

Despite our diverse backgrounds and interests, we ARE coming together, spontaneously organizing and making positive change happen. It all starts with 1 step. That we're making that step individually but together is awesome!

Hillary, Mulch (I mean Mitt) and the deep pockets envy us. We've got a soul, loyalty and money, they've just got money.

Yes, we should emphasize the successes. Ron has now surpassed all the quarter three fundraising results of the other Republican candidates. Ron has raised, since the start of November, over seven million dollars. Quite frankly, we did that.

Moreover, the day is not done. The midnight hour is over three hours away on the east coast, five hours away on the West, and some of Ron's most enthusiastic supporters (on a per capita basis) are in Alaska and Hawai'i.

The day does not have to be the end of this effort. We can choose to stretch it out through the weekend. Tell your friends. Let's have the reports on Monday morning be the incredible weekend Ron Paul had - meeting his $12 million goal by the morning of the 3rd of December - with 28 days left.

We already gave them a Fifth of November they'll long remember. Let's finish the official goal this weekend, and have it on for as much fun as we can sustain on Bill of Rights Day (15 December) and Boston Tea Party Day (16 December).

We are effective, well organized, and responsive. We can plan quickly and adapt to changing conditions. We are the information age superstars.

Regards,

Jim
    http://www.golightspeed.com/

It ain't like if we are a few bucks short of our goal tonight RP loses the election.

We are in good shape. Even though the night is not over, we can already declare victory.

THIS ELECTION WILL BE ABOUT 2 ISSUES: WAR AND IMMIGRATION.

I'm glad to see some upbeat folks on this thread. We need to be more positive. Not a bunch of Pollyannas. But upbeat is good. It carries you forward in any effort.

Well we need to stop with these artificial goals. When we set these goals for ourselves and don't hit them, it only gets turned against us.

We just need to do the best we can and keep the MAIN goal in mind:

GETTING RON PAUL ELECTED!

Again, money doesn't mean a thing unless we can get the delegates.

What's with Bill Clinton geting campaign money from Ireland!

I have one thousand for our Tea Party 07 saved up.

One thing that bothers me big time!

I saw on YouTube Bill Clinton in Ireland collecting funds for Hillery.

What is Bill doing in a foreign country collecting campaign funds?

Just do a Google video search "we are change Ireland".

WHY DOESN'T RON PAUL HAVE A FUND THAT OVERSEAS PEOPLE CAN DONATE TO!

They have millions that could be coming into the campaign! Most people overseas support Ron Paul and his foreign policies.

How can Bill and Hillery Clinton get away with this crap!!!! Campaign money from Ireland?

The people working Ron Paul campaign funds NEED TO DO THE SAME THING!

Just set up an account that overseas people can donate to. We would have MILLIONS more for our campaign!

HOW CAN Bill and Hillery Clinton can get away with this!!! HOW is this LEGAL? Why doesn't Ron Paul do the same!

Somebody NEEDS to call the Ron Paul campaign office!
    Last edited by macdee; 11-30-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macdee View Post
    I have one thousand for our Tea Party 07 saved up.

One thing that bothers me big time!

I saw on YouTube Bill Clinton in Ireland collecting funds for Hillery.

What is Bill doing in a foreign country collecting campaign funds?

Just do a Google video search wearechange Ireland Bill Clinton

WHY DOESN'T RON PAUL HAVE A FUND THAT OVERSEAS PEOPLE CAN DONATE TO!

They have millions that could be coming into the campaign! Most people overseas support Ron Paul and his foreign policies.

How can Bill and Hillery Clinton get away with this!!!! Campaign money from Ireland?

The people working Ron Paul campaign funds NEED TO DO THE SAME THING!

Just set up an account that overseas people can donate to. We would have MILLIONS more for our campaign!

HOW CAN Bill and Hillery Clinton can get away with this!!! HOW is this LEGAL? Why doesn't Ron Paul do the same!

Like whoa, this is an excellent point. Ron Paul has loads of international support. If there isn't some organizing for fundraising abroad, it should be gathered quickly.
    From Michael Scheuer, head of CIA's bin Laden station, in his book Imperial Hubris:
    The fundamental flaw in our thinking about Bin Laden is that "Muslims hate and attack us for what we are and think, rather than what we do." Muslims are bothered by our modernity, democracy, and sexuality, but they are rarely spurred to action unless American forces encroach on their lands. It's American foreign policy that enrages Osama and al-Qaeda, not American culture and society.

Attn: New Hampshire residents:

I have 4 adult males willing and ready to go to New Hampshire the first week of January to block walk, sign wave, door knock or whatever else is needed. Two are married and two single with significant others ranging from mid 30's to mid 50's. All clean and sober family types. We can pay our own transportation costs but will need a place to stay. Any body have any spare room. Might be too late for this but I have always heard that colors of the trees in New England are a sight to behold at this time of year at least once in a mans lifettime. Plus we don't get too much snow down here in Houston either so that might add some excitement to it as well.

If you'd rather IM or e-mail me plz do so at trickyd54@yahoo.com

Rick W.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bill Clinton collecting campaign funds in Ireland!

Bill Clinton is collecting campaign funds for Hillery IN IRELAND!

How is this legal?

Check it out by doing a Google VIDEO search....

"we are change ireland"

Just go to Google VIDEO and search the above. You'll see what I mean.

I'm really upset about this! HOW can Bill and Hillery GET AWAY WITH THIS!

IS THIS LEGAL?

If it IS... why doesn't Ron Paul have an account that people overseas can donate to.

Ron Paul has A LOT of overseas supporters that could donate MILLIONS!

Someone NEEDS to contact the Ron Paul Campaign OFFICE!
    Last edited by macdee; 11-30-2007 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macdee View Post

Hmm, according to this jazz, it's illegal to solicit, accept, or receive donations from foreign nationals. Only green card holders are an exception. Foreign nationals can donate to non-candidate affiliated political activities, however. Better yet, refer yourself to the International forum on these boards.
    From Michael Scheuer, head of CIA's bin Laden station, in his book Imperial Hubris:
    The fundamental flaw in our thinking about Bin Laden is that "Muslims hate and attack us for what we are and think, rather than what we do." Muslims are bothered by our modernity, democracy, and sexuality, but they are rarely spurred to action unless American forces encroach on their lands. It's American foreign policy that enrages Osama and al-Qaeda, not American culture and society.

It was a great day. As good as anyone could realistically hope for.

Cheers.

Well we need to stop with these artificial goals. When we set these goals for ourselves and don't hit them, it only gets turned against us.

We just need to do the best we can and keep the MAIN goal in mind:

GETTING RON PAUL ELECTED!

Again, money doesn't mean a thing unless we can get the delegates.
    Agreed 100%.

Actually this whole thing kinda annoyed me, because right there in the running total graphic it says plain as day: "$12 million to win... by DECEMBER 31st"... and then after we showed just HOW MUCH we can kick ass in the 5th of November event, someone over at HQ started whining about how WE were somehow "hurting the campaign" because we had fundraising somewhere between $1-2 million ahead of Jonathan Bydlak's "dream goal" schedule... and were talking about raising this huge amount for the TeaParty. Suddenly, it's whiny whiny about "Oh we need the money by December 1st if it's gonna do us any good".

WTF??? Since WHEN? That's not what the campaign site says. The original 4th Quarter graphic said "4 million October + $4 million November + $4 million December". Then about a week before the end of October, there was an article about Bydlak and someone else (Jesse Benton, maybe) making a press statement and saying the $12 million goal was $3 million/$4 million/$5 million.

I get the serious impression someone got enthusiastic by the end of 3rdQ push, and just said "What the hell! Let's ask them for $12 million! We might get close!"

Never dreaming we'd actually pull it off. And so there was no definitive planning for HOW that money was going to be specifically budgeted and spent. That's the only rational explanation I can see for why suddenly some people at HQ started freaking. They weren't truly prepared for what they ask for, and a fully-vetted business plan was NOT in place just waiting for the cash to fund it.

About 5pm over at the political forums "Perspectives", I posted the ABC article about today, and explained today was really more of a "money GRENADE"... conservatively expected to push the campaign to around $10.4 million by the end of the day. And position it for $12 million by midnight going into the TeaParty event. And emphasizing the fact that it was about surpassing all the GOP campaigns efforts last quarter in only 2 months... while we are saving the big event for the 16th.

And since tonight finished at $10.35 million, it was a near-perfect projection publicly placed in a prominent political forum.

Now I truly think it's realistic to expect somewhere between a $7-10 million day out of the TeaParty event. I think the numbers at the site appear artificially depressed because of the site issues in keeping it accessable.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumystic View Post
    today was really more of a "money GRENADE"... conservatively expected to push the campaign to around $10.4 million by the end of the day. And position it for $12 million by midnight going into the TeaParty event.
    Sorry to snip your whole post, I did read it. I just wanted to isolate this part of it. RIGHT ON ! We pushed overselves over a psychological hump-- we're out of single digits now. The tea party is well within our sights now to make those numbers go & go & go.

Today was a success by all real measures, you can't say "let the market decide" and then think it's a failure when the market decides on the original December 16th date. Part of the reason some people were upset originally is because you're setting yourself up for 'missed expectations' when you leave the plan open.

Everything in actuality is going really well. The only problem is in perception. Rudy's list should probably have always been always marketed as a mini-bomb and probably should not have anything to do with the tea party or mentioned in context to the other. Saying "well we're maybe going to sorta move the tea party a little only if you feel like it" is just confusing. It's like calling up everyone to change the date of a wedding after all the invitations have gone out.

The main point is that most people are saving their money for December 16th and I think this is a GOOD thing. Rudy's reading list got and extra 0.5 Million into the campaign's hands for early advertising and made a point about Rudy's ignorance of foreign policy.

So let everyone know that Nov 30th was a success and try to combat negative perceptions because those perceptions are the only negatives to come of this. Also now that the debate is moot let's all refocus our energy and passions on December 16th. Let's make this the day America took her country back.

I didn't even have any money to give on the 30th, and I gave anyway. (I will give more on the 16th also).
    I waited till 11:30pm eastern, thinking that my not giving wouldn't matter that much, since I'm low on cash at the moment...but then I thought about the CNN debate, and Mike Huckabee's supporters upping his donation amount, and I couldn't bear the thought of not giving for the cause of liberty. I felt disheartened by the thought. So I donated before the stroke of midnight...and it feels DAMN GOOD.

Full steam forward for the 16th.

I'm very glad the negative press that I feared didn't happen. Guess I was wrong about how the media would spin it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.