View Poll Results: Would you become an Internet Troll?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Where do I sign?

9 52.94%
  • Yes, because I need any job right now.

0 0%
  • No, the offer isn't sweet enough.

1 5.88%
  • I'll never sell out.

7 41.18%

Thread: Would you be an Internet Troll for the government?

Would you be an Internet Troll for the government?

Let's say you get a pretty nice offer: $10,000/month salary, full gov't employee benefits, work from home and in exchange you are expected to make 400 Internet posts a week, trolling forums like this one in order to derail conversations that the gov't doesn't like. Would you take it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Hmm extremely boring job that offers no career development or marketable skills. Nope. Would need much more money before I actually seriously started considering selling out.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hmmm, I do get quite a thrill being a sarcastic $#@! from time to time...

but I enjoy rocking the boat just as much if not more, so no.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Hmm extremely boring job that offers no career development or marketable skills. Nope. Would need much more money before I actually seriously started considering selling out.
    Really? $10,000 a month and full benefits, without the hassle of going somewhere I hate each day, just to make some dumb internet posts that will change no one's minds or beliefs in any way, shape or form? Sign me up!

It's seems like the biggest waste of money. Trolling online forums doesn't do jack-sh** to stop anything. Most, even ones that discussion serious issues such as this one, delve into cult of personalities, trivial discussion and stupid crap; that kind of stuff usually produces the longest threads, while the threads about really important topics get two replies before falling off the face of the Earth.

Though this is the government we're talking about here, wasting cash is their specialty.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Let's say you get a pretty nice offer: $10,000/month salary, full gov't employee benefits, work from home and in exchange you are expected to make 400 Internet posts a week, trolling forums like this one in order to derail conversations that the gov't doesn't like. Would you take it?
    I didn't vote, because I don't really like any of the options.

I would take the job in a heartbeat if the contract is as you stated. It says nothing about hiring myself a partner to take apart my ridiculously poor Statist posts at every turn. I'd be just fine giving this other person some money under the table to do just that, undermining the effectiveness of my "trolling" while simultaneously paying a fellow liberty-lover and, ultimately, making their arguments look even stronger than my own, potentially winning over an actual Statist or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I didn't vote, because I don't really like any of the options.

I would take the job in a heartbeat if the contract is as you stated. It says nothing about hiring myself a partner to take apart my ridiculously poor Statist posts at every turn. I'd be just fine giving this other person some money under the table to do just that, undermining the effectiveness of my "trolling" while simultaneously paying a fellow liberty-lover and, ultimately, making their arguments look even stronger than my own, potentially winning over an actual Statist or two.
    I was thinking sort of along the same lines, but hadn't thought it through that far. I was just just thinking about how to do 'double-agent' trolling, where the troll posts have obvious holes you could drive a Mack truck through.

But I like your idea. I'd partner up with you in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Really? $10,000 a month and full benefits, without the hassle of going somewhere I hate each day, just to make some dumb internet posts that will change no one's minds or beliefs in any way, shape or form? Sign me up!

Meh I don't hate my job that much and get some personal reward out of being productive. In my career I could make 120k/year within 5 years if I play my cards right. With the government troll job you get 120k/year until they decide to fire you and then you're left with no marketable skills. I'd probably need like 50k/month to take the troll job.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Meh I don't hate my job that much and get some personal reward out of being productive. In my career I could make 120k/year within 5 years if I play my cards right. With the government troll job you get 120k/year until they decide to fire you and then you're left with no marketable skills. I'd probably need like 50k/month to take the troll job.
    It didn't specify that the troll job had to be a full-time exclusive deal. I imagine you could make 400 troll posts a week and still keep up with your existing job.

<58 posts a day, most of the content copy and pasted and probably even fed to you. Pfft, I could bang that out in 2 hours an evening. that'd be worth 10k/month.

Where's the "Uh oh.. You caught me!" option?
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Back in the '08 election a bunch of paid neocons shills ran an internet forum called the fredthompsonforum and some other ones.

When they consistently made over the top statements about accusing everyone of being a terrorist, sending half the nation to Gitmo, and invading every country on the planet, they tried to blame it on some Ron Paul followers pulling a prank.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Back in the '08 election a bunch of paid neocons shills ran an internet forum called the fredthompsonforum and some other ones.

When they consistently made over the top statements about accusing everyone of being a terrorist, sending half the nation to Gitmo, and invading every country on the planet, they tried to blame it on some Ron Paul followers pulling a prank.
    Yeah, 'cause God knows we'd never do anything like that. Never in a million years.

Fred Thompson wasn't worth the trouble. McCain, on the other hand...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Getting some of that green would be nice. Maybe be able to retire early from my real job. Who do I talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Getting some of that green would be nice. Maybe be able to retire early from my real job. Who do I talk to?
    It would appear your assignment is to talk to us.

But if your pay is being withheld, maybe you should double check.

I'd do it just to get back the money stolen from me over the years.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This poll describes a classic gov fail operation so full of unintended consequences:

Ranting basement dweller (who's completely harmless BTW) is slowly driven so nuts
    and provoked from (and maybe provisioned by) gov-paid tag-team trolls, they finally
    snap, flip out and venture outside into the sunlight for the very first time, in some
    cross-eyed, lip-twisted-Rambo final rampage. (just as SWAT simultaneously kicks
    in the front door and shoots up a family playing Uno at a similar but transposed
    address located just a few blocks away. Their dog dies too.

Then the gov WIN comes when their next year's budget increases 3 fold as a result.

I voted no, of course. I'd rather eat glass than be a govt troll under any conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Getting some of that green would be nice.
    I know, right? There is no way you govt trolls are paid that much. "What a dump."
    Last edited by Lucille; 04-09-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Many of us older Americans are at a severe disadvantage here,I never touched a typewriter,let alone a computer keyboard until I was about 50.And now I got the arthritis.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act,I think we should only be required to make 40 troll posts a week for our 10K.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

I'd be a double-troll.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I voted no, of course. I'd rather eat glass than be a govt troll under any conditions.

I know, right? There is no way you govt trolls are paid that much. "What a dump."
    Sadly zipper might be a troll by his own accord. Hard to say.

Hell yes. I do it now for free.