Thread: Australia Declares Homeopathy Nonsense

Australia Declares Homeopathy Nonsense

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyl...-1226878166107

After a lengthy investigation the nation’s peak medical research body has delivered its verdict on homeopathic remedies — they are useless for human health.

The judgement is likely to influence a crucial government review which is deciding whether the 30 per cent tax rebate for private health insurance coverage of complementary therapies should continue.

Australians spend almost $4 billion a year on complementary therapies like vitamins and herbs and almost $10 million on homeopathic remedies.

The National Health and Medical Research Council will today release a guide for doctors on how to talk to their patients about the lack of evidence for many such therapies. Doctors will also be told to warn patients of possible interactions between alternative and conventional medicines.

(more on link, requires cookies to be allowed to view full article)
    And chiropractors are "quacks", vitamins have NO EFFECT on the human body, healthy eating consists of Sugar being 25% of daily calorie intake making Five food groups, only Big Pharma can legally make any substance that can "heal" you, pick your poison in the sea of lies. Im sure this is soon to happen in the US as well.

How. Ever. Did. Life. Survive. Without. Health. Insurance?

---

(Wasnt sure whether to place in Foregn Policy, Health Freedom, or Personal Health & Well-Being forum. I just picked here.)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyl...-1226878166107

And chiropractors are "quacks", vitamins have NO EFFECT on the human body, healthy eating consists of Sugar being 25% of daily calorie intake making Five food groups, only Big Pharma can legally make any substance that can "heal" you, pick your poison in the sea of lies. Im sure this is soon to happen in the US as well.

How. Ever. Did. Life. Survive. Without. Health. Insurance?

---

(Wasnt sure whether to place in Foregn Policy, Health Freedom, or Personal Health & Well-Being forum. I just picked here.)
    Most people who speak for homeopathy (both the positives and negatives), from my experience, have no idea what 'homeopathy' really is. They tend to think it's a broad label for all forms of "alternative medicine," or think its the same thing as naturopathy. No. It's not. It's its own form of medicine, with its own "medications." It's "like cures like," which is exactly what homeopathy means. It involves taking small doses of natural substances that, taken at a higher dose, would give you the symptoms you are currently fighting. The idea behind homeopathy is building up your own immunologic defenses.

I don't really have an opinion on homeopathy, but wish those who speak of it or use the term in casual conversation, mostly negative, would actually understand what it is. I do have a few books on it, as I was curious about it and the topic interested me (as do all forms of medicine: allopathic, naturopathic, homeopathic, osteopathic.. etc etc, the list can go on forever).

In regards to your post and the article... the authors need to decide if they're attacking "complementary medicine" or homeopathic medicine. Are they against vitamins and herbs, or diluted natural substances? I think they're very confused.

That said, people will continue doing what they feel is best for their own healing. I highly doubt those who already partake in homeopathy will have their opinions swayed by allopathic doctors.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa
    That said, people will continue doing what they feel is best for their own healing. I highly doubt those who already partake in homeopathy will have their opinions swayed by allopathic doctors.
    Allopathic Drs can kiss my ass. I will keep using homeopathy

This....really doesn't need a study to figure this out; big surprise, drinking water with a couple of molecules of whatever doesn't work to cure anything. I'm all for herbal medicine, but it should have studies/info to back it (ie: there's in vitro evidence that or Oregon-Grape does help lower a bacteria's resistance to antibiotics)....but homeopathy is just..silly; it's like subdividing a tylenol literally, 1,000 times, then putting that tiny little spec in a 1 ounce bottle of water, then expecting a dropperful of that to work against pain.