Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Displaced Rand Fans from the DP

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    Apparently, the owner of the daily paul is of the belief that Rand isn't an ally and thinks those who believe that Rand is secretly playing the game to further advance his father's ideas are delusional.

I never understood why people think Rand is secretly on the side of liberty or whatever, it's pretty plain to understand that he is by his voting record. He never really says anything that directly contradicts the libertarian position anyway, he simply narrows the conversation to what is relevant and needed.
    Rand has a chance to win. The Hipstertarians around here can't conceive of popularity without selling out.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    That's one of the GREAT things about this place, the mods are excellent compared to just about anywhere else on the internet. It's a virtually perfect balance between being allowed to say anything you want without being censored, and shutting down abusive crap that no one wants to put up with. The mods here have an amazing amount of restraint, and are amazingly fair. Not to mention they are also extremely helpful whenever a question or issue arises. You simply won't find this sort of quality moderation anywhere else.
    That I've only had three or four temporary bans is a major credit to the mods around here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    That I've only had three or four temporary bans is a major credit to the mods around here.
    That you haven't been relegated to the dust bin of history speaks both well and ill of the mods here. But mostly ill.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Some staff notes here--

1) I have had the good fortune to get to meet Micheal from Daily Paul personally, and have talked to him a number of times and only have positive things to say.
    2) I have read over some of Micheal posts on this topic and I understand and respect his position. We all choose a different path.
    3) Please do not trash Micheal or DP, it's respectable you don't agree with everything done but you're also not in his shoes. I can relate to some of what he has been through.
    4) As Micheal is setting a strategic direction to not cater to a certain user segment and understands we are an alternative, I have let this thread stand. I am not interested in starting any sort of cross-site war. Again, let's keep things respectable. Note- we also don't cater to every user segment, as part of our direction.
    5) Thankfully, I don't see the Daily Paul going away and am glad it has achieved what it has.
    6) I have an account at Daily Paul, likely a lower user number than most of you.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Some staff notes here--

1) I have had the good fortune to get to meet Micheal from Daily Paul personally, and have talked to him a number of times and only have positive things to say.
    2) I have read over some of Micheal posts on this topic and I understand and respect his position. We all choose a different path.
    3) Please do not trash Micheal or DP, it's respectable you don't agree with everything done but you're also not in his shoes. I can relate to some of what he has been through.
    4) As Micheal is setting a strategic direction to not cater to a certain user segment and understands we are an alternative, I have let this thread stand. I am not interested in starting any sort of cross-site war. Again, let's keep things respectable. Note- we also don't cater to every user segment, as part of our direction.
    5) Thankfully, I don't see the Daily Paul going away and am glad it has achieved what it has.
    6) I have an account at Daily Paul, likely a lower user number than most of you.
    I agree 100% and that is why I have directed everyone in my post to not use this thread to bash Mike and the DP. I have nothing but LOVE for the DP and this post is not intended for crossover wars. I actually created it out of respect for for Mike per his wishes. Come election time, the forums will be lighting up with campaigning. I plan to be heavily involved in Rands campaign. And it's going to be awesome! I've made a lot of friends at the DP and wish to connect with them here where our support for Rand is welcomed. I love the DP and wish to not wear out my welcome there.

I learned many things from that forum. The DP got me through the elections in 08 and 12. I was a delegate for Ron. Now I'm ready to do the same for his son.

I will edit my post and remind people again the above mentioned.

FYI...Mike has said good things about you also. He is a good person, and smart...too smart. He and I had a positive exchange about this post. He is ok with it.

http://www.dailypaul.com/comment/3381653
    Last edited by Unknownuser; 04-09-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Thanks Unknownuser, my post wasn't directed at you, just to some of the others here.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    I am so confused about the format of this forum. I'm not sure I'm "doing it" right. Lol! Boy this is going to take some getting used to.
    The 2 most useful links is the "Setting" link at the very top which shows you your latest subscribed threads (threads you've started or posted in) and "New Posts" link under the banner which shows you posts since your last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    You think societal change can only come from politicians. You're a sick, sick staitist.
    He didn't say that. But, one of the things this forum is about is to get liberty-minded people ELECTED. Going around calling everyone a statist who doesn't promote pie in the sky anarchy, like yourself, is not conducive to achieving that goal.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-09-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Bryan:

I know deep in my heart that we are a hard herd of cats to keep. I'm very glad you're not allergic to flying dander.

Running this site must be hard. Thank you for continuing to walk the hard path.

I sincerely hope we are able to justify your faith in us and make you an integral part of something really, really good.

Maybe we can even make the spirits of Thomas Payne and publisher Benjamin Franklin proud of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Some staff notes here--

Bryan,

If it is un-pc around here to have the opinion that the DP is not worthy of respect, then please just ban me now. I do not share your opinion on this and I do not personally respect the owner of the DP, or his vision. I came here, from there, hoping that this place would be different. So far it has been. I want nothing to do with the DP, so much so that I'd rather not even be a part of a site that makes criticism of the DP an offense. I feel strongly about this. (obviously) If it is not OK to criticize the DP around here, I am requesting that you ban me now.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 04-10-2014 at 03:54 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Bryan,

If it is un-pc around here to have the opinion that the DP is not worthy of respect, then please just ban me now. I do not share your opinion on this and I do not personally respect the owner of the DP, or his vision. I came here, from there, hoping that this place would be different. So far it has been. I want nothing to do with the DP, so much so that I'd rather not even be a part of a site that makes criticism of the DP an offense. I feel strongly about this. (obviously) If it is not OK to criticize the DP around here, I am requesting that you ban me now.
    How does it further the mission of this forum to bash DP or Nystrom? It doesn't. Hopefully, your interest in being here has something to do with helping to further liberty.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    How does it further the mission of this forum to bash DP or Nystrom? It doesn't. Hopefully, your interest in being here has something to do with helping to further liberty.
    I'm just not OK with this, LE. I can help further liberty without being on this particular site.

I'm just not OK with this, LE. I can help further liberty without being on this particular site.
    Well. Bye.

Why request a ban? Just stop logging in if you don't feel like you can incite division exactly how you want. Just leave, nobody will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Well. Bye.

Why request a ban? Just stop logging in if you don't feel like you can incite division exactly how you want. Just leave, nobody will miss you.
    Because I was hoping that Bryan would say that it is OK to have my opinion, that this subject is not so un-pc that RPF can't handle it, and that he wouldn't be shutting down any threads in the future if people expressed this opinion. I will wait for his response. I don't care if you like me or not.

I made the switch. I am FAR more comfortable over here.
    and delighted to see that MANY of my old friends are still kicking around this place!
    the DP was the first place that I discovered back in the day. now that have been here a week or so. I can see that this place is richer and fuller.
    more substance and less fluff.

now if I could just figure out how to navigate this site!

Because I was hoping that Bryan would say that it is OK to have my opinion, that this subject is not so un-pc that RPF can't handle it, and that he wouldn't be shutting down any threads in the future if people expressed this opinion. I will wait for his response. I don't care if you like me or not.
    Why be such a drama queen? If you dont' want to be on rpf's unless you can randomly start threads attacking other websites and/or their owners -- especially ones that were allies for many years -- then just leave. RPFs is not the place for that. Personally, I like starting threads talking about taxidermied animals, the costumes I sew for them and the little dollhouses I make for them to live in. RPFs isn't the place for that either; so I post those elsewhere. Get the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    I made the switch. I am FAR more comfortable over here.
    and delighted to see that MANY of my old friends are still kicking around this place!
    the DP was the first place that I discovered back in the day. now that have been here a week or so. I can see that this place is richer and fuller.
    more substance and less fluff.

now if I could just figure out how to navigate this site!

Havoc, good to see you here! I thought you got banned or something. You didn't leave one of those "Why I'm leaving the DP" posts. Anyway, good to know you're still alive.

Just be civil and you'll have a good time here. Also you may want to pre-emptively put a couple of regular posters who have curiously non-libertarian viewpoints (though they may claim otherwise) on ignore.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As is with most forums. Thanks!

I've seldom seen anyone here say someone can't have a particular opinion, even when they're asked not to express it for one reason or another.

I've also seen a tendency for the admin and mods here to prefer to moderate on a post-by-post basis, rather than preemptively. So I don't think Bryan is going to put up with you trying to put him on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Please, do not use this post as a trashing site for Mr. Nystrom. Though we may not agree with him, we must respect his wishes to not turn his site into a Rand hub when election season comes around. It is clear that Mr. Nystrom has a different vision for the DP and will be going in another direction than what we may wish to go.
    Can someone summarize the facts wrt to Mr Nystrom's different vision and direction succinctly? Is it only about keeping his site free of activism and being suspicious of Rand Paul? What' the ideological lean associated with that direction and the root of his doubts about Rand: based on rothbardian purism or something else?

I've only visited DP twice so I have no clue. Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMintConservative View Post
    Can someone summarize the facts wrt to Mr Nystrom's different vision and direction succinctly? Is it only about keeping his site free of activism and being suspicious of Rand Paul? What' the ideological lean associated with that direction and the root of his doubts about Rand: based on rothbardian purism or something else?

I've only visited DP twice so I have no clue. Much obliged.
    Not entirely sure where he's going with it. I'm not certain he knows either. I wrote a post about an overall atmosphere I have been feeling about the place. Not that it is entirely Nystroms doing but it certainly is starting to feel a bit like a club. In my post I explain a little about what is going on but also share what I think the direction of the DP should be.

http://www.dailypaul.com/315937

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Why be such a drama queen? If you dont' want to be on rpf's unless you can randomly start threads attacking other websites and/or their owners -- especially ones that were allies for many years -- then just leave. RPFs is not the place for that. Personally, I like starting threads talking about taxidermied animals, the costumes I sew for them and the little dollhouses I make for them to live in. RPFs isn't the place for that either; so I post those elsewhere. Get the idea?
    Random? Irrelevant? I don't think so. I said something because think that it was important to say something. I don't think that what happens at the DP is irrelevant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I've seldom seen anyone here say someone can't have a particular opinion, even when they're asked not to express it for one reason or another.

I've also seen a tendency for the admin and mods here to prefer to moderate on a post-by-post basis, rather than preemptively. So I don't think Bryan is going to put up with you trying to put him on the spot.
    Yeah, it isn't good to put him on the spot. I'm sorry for that. it was just worth it to me to say something and take a stand for better or worse. This place is way better than the DP, so I hope my point gets across. Even if I become unwelcome here.

You wrote this 6 hours ago. Having second thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You wrote this 6 hours ago. Having second thoughts?
    No. I still don't see the point of having PC laws about it not being proper to criticize public members of the liberty movement. No one would suggest that Beck or Jones or WND should never be criticized because we must respect their "vision" and all that.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.
    OK. Bye.

No. I still don't see the point of having PC laws about it not being proper to criticize public members of the liberty movement. No one would suggest that Beck or Jones or WND should never be criticized because we must respect their "vision" and all that.
    Live and let live brother. The DP isn't for everyone. But is is for some. It's good to have diversity.

Perhaps we could have this one locked up and stickied for a while and the newcomers can gradually assimilate in our vast forest of other threads and topics? usefulness has been properly served imo

Great idea! Or we could resurrect it closer to election when the base gets fired up. Or both!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast