Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Displaced Rand Fans from the DP

Attention Displaced Rand Fans from the DP

I am organizing this post for those over at the DP who would like connect. Election time is just around the corner and we will no longer be able to show support for our guy at the DP if he runs for POTUS. I would love to be able to stay in contact with y'all so please post here if you are a displaced Rand fan over at the DP. It would be helpful if you post your DP username so we all know who you are. I am still Unknownuser.

Please, do not use this post as a trashing site for Mr. Nystrom. Though we may not agree with him, we must respect his wishes to not turn his site into a Rand hub when election season comes around. It is clear that Mr. Nystrom has a different vision for the DP and will be going in another direction than what we may wish to go.

However, come election time...let's get this place hopp'n and party like its 1999! Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the campaign trail!

Amor Vincit Omne

***edit***

Just want to remind everyone and ask you kindly to keep it classy when responding to this post. I did not write this post to create any sort of cross over wars. I have nothing but LOVE for Mike and the DP.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes! Looking forward to seeing y'all on the campaign trails! Peace out.
    Last edited by Unknownuser; 04-09-2014 at 09:23 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All are welcome here. Great idea OP.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Wait so one of the mods at DP told all the Rand fans to go kick rocks...? smh

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    I am organizing this post for those over at the DP who would like connect. Election time is just around the corner and we will no longer be able to show support for our guy at the DP if he runs for POTUS. I would love to be able to stay in contact with y'all so please post here if you are a displaced Rand fan over at the DP. It would be helpful if you post your DP username so we all know who you are. I am still Unknownuser.

Please, do not use this post as a trashing site for Mr. Nystrom. Though we may not agree with him, we must respect his wishes to not turn his site into a Rand hub when election season comes around. It is clear that Mr. Nystrom has a different vision for the DP and will be going in another direction than what we may wish to go.

However, come election time...let's get this place hopp'n and party like its 1999! Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the campaign trail!

Amor Vincit Omne
    What took you so long to get here??
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    Wait so one of the mods at DP told all the Rand fans to go kick rocks...? smh
    The site owner does not want it to become "the Daily Rand" his words. So organizing and pushing for Rand is frowned upon.
    They call those who support Rand "Rah Rah Randers" Lol. It's like Paultard, but different (supposedly)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It's called the Daily PAUL. Is Rand not a Paul?

Good grief. It's this kind of division of the liberty movement that drives me bonkers.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    What took you so long to get here??
    Honestly...it was lazyness. Trying to keep up with two forums seemed like a big task. I chose DP because of the format. It seems to be a bit more user friendly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The site owner does not want it to become "the Daily Rand" his words. So organizing and pushing for Rand is frowned upon.
    They call those who support Rand "Rah Rah Randers" Lol. It's like Paultard, but different (supposedly)
    What a joke. Perfect example of people who are in this for their own self esteem and not to advance liberty.

Amor Vincit Omne
    you mean we should trash nystrom in another occasion, but we have more important tasks at hand, that i agree. respect to his decisions? to the extent of non violence, ya, in context of respectability? forget it. there was a bit of an intimidation technique over there at dp so some users develop stockholm syndrome, you can forget that here and call it spades as you see it. this site has like 10% the degree of modding compared to dp and we have seen the worst effect of it, so i might as well take use of that as well
    Last edited by jtstellar; 04-09-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Good grief. It's this kind of division of the liberty movement that drives me bonkers.
    I know, but it ain't my site. I think Nystrom is basically done with politics. He wants the DP to become more of a blog I guess.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Mr. Nystrom has a different vision for his site and I respect that. But I don't plan on missing out on the party all because one guy.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing y'all on the campaign trail! It's gonna be a hoot!

Mr. Nystrom has a different vision for his site and I respect that. But I don't plan on missing out on the party all because one guy.
    I'm trying to figure out why Daily Paul can't be associated with Rand, it's his son, he's literally building on what his dad did for all of us. It kinda seems a little $#@!ed up, but more power to him. Welcome to the site!

Hello William Tell! Good to "bump into you" here!

I'm trying to figure out why Daily Paul can't be associated with Rand, it's his son, he's literally building on what his dad did for all of us. It kinda seems a little $#@!ed up, but more power to him. Welcome to the site!
    I think he's just "retiring" so to speak. I get it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am so confused about the format of this forum. I'm not sure I'm "doing it" right. Lol! Boy this is going to take some getting used to.

Hello William Tell! Good to "bump into you" here!
    Yes Ma'am, this is the place to be now. But I will be keeping my account over there. I hope I can continue to post on Federal, State and local candidates. That's what it's about. RPF For the WIN!

Bryan runs a great site here, wonderful guy, I am not just saying that.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

DP has always had users that skew further "left" than rpfs. Rand has not used the same rhetoric his dad used that appeals to lefties. A lot of it has do with Rand trying to work with and grow the GOP; they resent that. It is what it is, there is plenty of internet for all of us.

Welcome aboard OP.

A lot of the main posters there don't even vote anymore, Ignore the Gov and it will go away they seem to think. The Ostrich strategy.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    DP has always had users that skew further "left" than rpfs. Rand has not used the same rhetoric his dad used that appeals to lefties. A lot of it has do with Rand trying to work with and grow the GOP; they resent that. It is what it is, there is plenty of internet for all of us.

Welcome aboard OP.
    how the world works

someone or some site has to stir things up in a major way otherwise nothing will happen.. if no one stirs things up there won't be a 'great compromiser' to even ascend.. everybody can't just be a leader and claim himself to be above the crowd and transcend everything without another group first stirring things up, it's like rand coming after ron's work, you have libertarian sites so far kicking and banning people according to site owner's dislikes, but not a site that truly aims to ban trolls that obviously have a thing for rand and aren't helping us win elections. we haven't had a campaign oriented site that's willing to stir things up yet, every other $#@! variety out there we have had, not sure why no one wants to stick up for rand and the real seriousness of our work here which is elections. when it comes to that, everyone backs up and throws their hand in the air 'oooh we're better than that' such pretentious hypocrites.. other sites ban people to owner's liking, we can't do that to rand election's liking here? talk about head in the cloud.. how about let's stir things up in the positive direction for once and let latter comers worry about being the 'great compromiser'? you're not looking good in any regards until someone is willing to do the dirty work to contrast you. why don't we be the first and push and the envelope? what are we so afraid of? people have said rand has a shot for years and now it's more and more obvious, and we keep still dragging our feet while time runs short, it's like we really think changing policies 12 months up to an election does anything
    Last edited by jtstellar; 04-09-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Yes Ma'am, this is the place to be now. But I will be keeping my account over there. I hope I can continue to post on Federal, State and local candidates. That's what it's about. RPF For the WIN!

Bryan runs a great site here, wonderful guy, I am not just saying that.
    Thanks! The format will take a little getting used to but "it's all good in the hood".

Loving the smileys!

I am so confused about the format of this forum. I'm not sure I'm "doing it" right. Lol! Boy this is going to take some getting used to.
    I tried the DP once, had the same reaction.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
    someone or some site has to stir things up in a major way otherwise nothing will happen.. if no one stirs things up there won't be a 'great compromiser' to even ascend.. everybody can't just be a leader and claim himself to be above the crowd and transcend everything without another group first stirring things up, it's like rand coming after ron's work, you have libertarian sites so far kicking and banning people according to site owner's dislikes, but not a site that truly aims to ban trolls that obviously have a thing for rand and aren't helping us win elections. we haven't had a campaign oriented site that's willing to stir things up yet, every other $#@! variety out there we have had, not sure why no one wants to stick up for rand and the real seriousness of our work here which is elections. when it comes to that, everyone backs up and throws their hand in the air 'oooh we're better than that' such pretentious hypocrites.. other sites ban people to owner's liking, we can't do that to rand election's liking here? talk about head in the cloud
    You always come off sounding like a very angry person.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    someone or some site has to stir things up in a major way otherwise nothing will happen.. if no one stirs things up there won't be a 'great compromiser' to even ascend.. everybody can't just be a leader and claim himself to be above the crowd and transcend everything without another group first stirring things up, it's like rand coming after ron's work, you have libertarian sites so far kicking and banning people according to site owner's dislikes, but not a site that truly aims to ban trolls that obviously have a thing for rand and aren't helping us win elections. we haven't had a campaign oriented site that's willing to stir things up yet, every other $#@! variety out there we have had, not sure why no one wants to stick up for rand and the real seriousness of our work here which is elections. when it comes to that, everyone backs up and throws their hand in the air 'oooh we're better than that' such pretentious hypocrites.. other sites ban people to owner's liking, we can't do that to rand election's liking here? talk about head in the cloud
    I'd be willing to bet that when election time comes around there will be a site for Rand. Or maybe you could create one.

I'd be willing to bet that when election time comes around there will be a site for Rand. Or maybe you could create one.
    I think this is it here.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

someone or some site has to stir things up in a major way otherwise nothing will happen.. if no one stirs things up there won't be a 'great compromiser' to even ascend.. everybody can't just be a leader and claim himself to be above the crowd and transcend everything without another group first stirring things up, it's like rand coming after ron's work, you have libertarian sites so far kicking and banning people according to site owner's dislikes, but not a site that truly aims to ban trolls that obviously have a thing for rand and aren't helping us win elections. we haven't had a campaign oriented site that's willing to stir things up yet, every other $#@! variety out there we have had, not sure why no one wants to stick up for rand and the real seriousness of our work here which is elections. when it comes to that, everyone backs up and throws their hand in the air 'oooh we're better than that' such pretentious hypocrites.. other sites ban people to owner's liking, we can't do that to rand election's liking here? talk about head in the cloud.. how about let's stir things up in the positive direction for once and let latter comers worry about being the 'great compromiser'? you're not looking good in any regards until someone is willing to do the dirty work to contrast you. why don't we be the first and push and the envelope? what are we so afraid of
    Uhm, so all that to complain that rpfs doesn't ban enough people? Meh.

That site creeps me out. Seriously. I went over there to find the post that precipitated this, and wish I hadn't. All I can say is that is the first time I've ever heard someone accuse Rand of having cold dead eyes and living out his immaturity on a national stage. Weird, and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Uhm, so all that to complain that rpfs doesn't ban enough people? Meh.
    Bryan is working on a new set of guidelines and also will now have the ability to ban people from specific forums, so that will help keep the tensions down... and the focus on supporting Rand in his forum.
    Last edited by jct74; 04-09-2014 at 11:10 AM.

I think this is it here.
    Is someone going to moderate the Rand bashing?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast