Thread: Stabbings at Pittsburgh HS

Stabbings at Pittsburgh HS

SSRI's???

Suspect in custody after reports of multiple stabbings at Pennsylvania high school

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09...lvania-school/

Up to six people were stabbed at a high school near Pittsburgh and one person is in custody early Wednesday, emergency officials say.

Dan Stevens, spokesman for Westmoreland County emergency management, said the suspect is in custody at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, roughly 15 miles east of Pittsburgh.

"A critical incident has occurred at the high school," a message on the school district's website reads. "All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure. Additional information will be released as soon as possible. Please keep our campus clear of traffic."

It's unclear if the suspect and the victims are students, adults, or a mix of both. Stevens said it doesn't appear any of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries.

A person may have ran through the school slashing or puncturing students with a knife or other sharp object, according to early reports cited by The Associated Press.

School officials did not immediately return calls seeking comment. Parents have been notified and may pick up their children at the school.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ban sharpened #2 pencils?

Ban those God-awful psychotropic medications!

I also like the idea of allowing teachers and staff to CC.

Closing the public schools permanently would also be a big improvement and completely solve all safety issues too..

Crazy people are going to find a means to accomplish what they are driven to accomplish and yet the psych industry in collusion with government agencies believes we can create a safe society by eliminating certain items. They have no concern for the results of their actions or the ridiculousness that we can make society "safe". Until we all live in a bubble, alone and naked, there will always be a way to cause harm to others.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

It was an assault knife I just know it. Dang thing had a sharp blade and a pointy end. Plus you can stab upwards of 30 times prior to reloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    It was an assault knife I just know it. Dang thing had a sharp blade and a pointy end. Plus you can stab upwards of 30 times prior to reloading it.
    There should be a law to limit the capacity, like max 7 stabs.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

CNN is now reporting TWENTY wounded.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Ban sporks. They are the gateway knife.

Schools like to be like prisons in every way.
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Let me guess. SSRIs.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

sticking your hand out to shake will now be considered a "stabbing motion" and will result in mandatory expulsion and quite possibly felony terrorism charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/stabbings-r...ry?id=23253018
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Not all 20 injured were stabbed. 4 had serious wounds but as of now no one has life-threatening wounds.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    limiting the capacity isn't the answer, ban the number of violent thoughts to 2 per week
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    limiting the capacity isn't the answer, ban the number of violent thoughts to 2 per week
    Excluding cops.

You guys are pikers.

Ban boys.

That's right.

At age five, just lock them up in prison.

That's where we're all going anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You guys are pikers.

Ban boys.

That's right.

At age five, just lock them up in prison.

That's where we're all going anyways.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Like they do in the UK, where you have to be 18 to buy a knife. Paging Mr. Morgan the sanctimonious Limey .....
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Like they do in the UK, where you have to be 18 to buy a knife. Paging Mr. Morgan the sanctimonious Limey .....
    I would feel safer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6qf0rNA.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	2303

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Try some

Govt Solution: Register or Ban all knives with pointy tips. Maybe put RFID Chips in them so they are only "sharp" when in the presence of an authorized user. Maybe go the way of the UK and ban all knives with pointy tips and require all knives to have rounded tips. Confiscate all knives. Put children on more medication. Put more armed cops in schools. Put GPS trackers on Students and Knives. Put in more metal detectors. Increase Zero Tolerance. Put up Barbed Wire Fences. Force children to attend schools butt-ass naked so they cant hide anything from anyone. Pass more laws.

Every Govt solution to the problem is gonna be worse than the real problem itself: Govt Solutions.

Schools have become an Institution not only of Indoctrination, but one of absolute FEAR. How will these children think when they grow up? Will they react the way they are taught to react, out of FEAR, and demand that not only knives, but #2 pencils and Sporks also be completely outlawed? The expected response of FEAR only supports increasing the power of the Status Quo.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Does this only happen here? Or do we not hear about stabbings in France?
    Last edited by Ecolibertarian; 04-09-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecolibertarian View Post
    Does this only happen here? Or do we not hear about stabbings in France?
    No, and it gets significantly worse the deeper you go into gun ban territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenpen...chool_stabbing

On 14 December 2012 between 7 and 8 a.m. local time, a 36-year-old villager identified as Min Yongjun[2] stabbed 24 people, including 23 children and an elderly woman,[3] in a knife attack at Chenpeng Village Primary School (simplified Chinese: 陈棚村完全小学; traditional Chinese: 陳棚村完全小學; pinyin: Chénpéng Cūn Wánquán Xiǎoxué[note 1]), Wenshu Township, Guangshan County, Henan province, China.
    Same day as Sandy Hook.

LibForestPaul

Luckily, people do not know how to use knives in fights. Slashing requires serious blood loss, stabbing requires special blade, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Luckily, people do not know how to use knives in fights. Slashing requires serious blood loss, stabbing requires special blade, if I recall.
    I'm a swordsman and I'd like to know what you mean by this. Slashing and stabbing both cause serious blood loss if done properly, and the only thing "special" about stabbing blades is the sharp tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'm a swordsman and I'd like to know what you mean by this. Slashing and stabbing both cause serious blood loss if done properly, and the only thing "special" about stabbing blades is the sharp tip.
    With knife fighting it's usually easier with a sharp blade to slice the veins and arteries of the inner arms, throat, and inner thigh than to stab deep into the chest or abs. The heart and lungs are protected by the ribcage and the gut won't give you a guaranteed kill. The brachial artery is a foot and a half closer than a body stab as well and the arms are usually instinctively flung out towards the man with the blade.

As far as special knife tips, I'm a bit confused as well.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    And the weight and balance of the blade.

Speaking about swords, of course. (which is probably what the person you responded to was speaking about)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

UK has a law that all cullinary knives have rounded tips.

Problem is that it isnt that difficult to create a pointed tip anything. You end up with Shivs (prison improvised knife). You end up with Pen stabbings. Blunt object damage. Outlaw blunt objects too? The problem isnt that people get stabbed in school, the problems is treating students like Prisoners, then expecting them to behave in any way different than a Prisoner would.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Problem is that it isnt that difficult to create a pointed tip anything. You end up with Shivs (prison improvised knife). You end up with Pen stabbings. Blunt object damage. Outlaw blunt objects too? The problem isnt that people get stabbed in school, the problems is treating students like Prisoners, then expecting them to behave in any way different than a Prisoner would.
    Sure looks like a sawed off knife to me. Felony, do not pass go do not collect 200 FRN's

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

I had this discussion with the psych industry after the state almost destroyed eldest daughter with rewarding her attention seeking behavior. They wanted us to put all objects that she could use to harm herself or others under lock and key. I informed them that was impossible because she would find something and turn it into a weapon, furthermore I could not keep her tied down to the house so she was free to find tools to turn into weapons or weapons themselves outside of my home. They finally shut up after she ran out one day and used a broken bottle she found on the street in one of her fits.

Funny thing is that she is no longer doing this extreme behavior now as she is an adult and she suffers the consequences instead of gaining something from it by making her parents the responsible parties for her actions. Go figure. If you hold the criminals accountable for their actions they often sober up. Whodda thunk that???
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle