Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife May Have Cancer

Yes, we saw that the first time. Ron Paul promoted death and disease. Gotcha.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bless your hearts. My prayers go out to you and others in this thread fighting cancer, I pray there is no cancer. Definitely get more opinions. If I had it, I'd go 100% vegetarian (juicing mostly), take apricot kernels, and RSO oil. I would never get chemo or radiation. My sister-in-law just went through it for throat cancer and she regrets it, and won't go through it again if the cancer isn't gone.

I've been grinding up and taking 1 heaping tbls of apricot kernels for around 4 years now, as a preventative measure. Research on alternative methods will be extremely important.

I don't know if you believe in the Law of Attraction, but basically you and your wife need to work hard at focusing on what you want to happen and NOT on what you DON'T want to happen. Always do your best to show gratitude for the good in your lives, and do whatever it takes to stay in a state of 'feeling good', whether it's watching comedies, listening to music, communing with nature - whatever it takes.

Praying for a good outcome.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    - rep

Sure, cancer isn't a 1 trillion dollar big business, and doctors aren't big pharma pill pushers.

That's it, cures cut into the major profits of the medical monopoly. If we had a truly free market there would be alternative medicine competing with the conventional medicine.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's it, cures cut into the major profits of the medical monopoly. If we had a truly free market there would be alternative medicine competing with the conventional medicine.
    Yep. But as it stands right now, it is illegal for doctors to treat cancer patients with alternative methods.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

I would recommend alkalizing her blood with organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, not baking soda.

1-2 tsp of raw unfiltered (MUST be unfiltered) apple cider vineger, SHAKE THE BOTTLE REALLY WELL FIRST, you want to get the brown stuff off the bottom mixed in.

6-8 oz. of water

squeeze of lime

a little raw honey

Mix it all together and drink it relatively fast, then rinse your mouth or brush your teeth if possible since the vinegar is acidic (so is the lime) but both will help alkalize the blood while keeping your digestive tract acidic to better digest food.

Lots of fruits and vegetables - reduce or eliminate grains - white rice is the "best" grain if you do eat any grains.

Coconut oil and grass fed butter, stay away from vegetable oils (olive oil is sorta ok).

You also don't want to over do it on protein, but a little pasture/grass fed protein is ok. Best thing would be a bone broth soup with lots of rendered fat and some pastured/grass fed protein and vegetables.

Juice greens, raw vegetables and fruit if possible.

I think I mentioned glycine in an earlier post - Gelatin, bone broths and organ meats have a lot of glycine. You can get cancer if you eat too much muscle meat/protein and not enough glycine contained in the bones, gelatin and organ meats.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

1) You can't really change the pH of your blood.
    2) adding an acid (vinegar) to something will not make more alkali (basic). If you add a weak acid to a strong acid, there is a dilution effect but that is it. Add a stronger acid and it becomes more acidic.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/alkaline-diets

First, a little chemistry: A pH level measures how acid or alkaline something is. A pH of 0 is totally acidic, while a pH of 14 is completely alkaline. A pH of 7 is neutral. Those levels vary throughout your body. Your blood is slightly alkaline, with a pH between 7.35 and 7.45. Your stomach is very acidic, with a pH of 3.5 or below, so it can break down food. And your urine changes, depending on what you eat – that's how your body keeps the level in your blood steady.

The alkaline diet claims to help your body maintain its blood pH level. In fact, nothing you eat is going to substantially change the pH of your blood. Your body works to keep that level constant.

But the foods you're supposed to eat on the alkaline diet are good for you: lots of fruits and vegetables, and lots of water. Avoiding sugar, alcohol, and processed foods is healthy weight-loss advice, too.

I really do wonder sometimes how quick people are to post "cures" here, without even knowing the person you're trying to help.

No one knows her body chemistry, no one knows if she has allergies (especially to medication and foods), no one knows of her past medical history, no one knows her current medications, her family history... important questions that you should seek answers to before giving a diagnosis and "medication."

It hasn't even been confirmed she has cancer. Yet people are already suggesting to alter the pH of blood in her body, which is nearly biologically impossible.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    1) You can't really change the pH of your blood.
    2) adding an acid (vinegar) to something will not make more alkali (basic). If you add a weak acid to a strong acid, there is a dilution effect but that is it. Add a stronger acid and it becomes more acidic.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/alkaline-diets
    The establishment science regarding food always seems to be a few years to a few decades behind the dietary community.

It is often said that "acidic" fruits like lemons, limes and grapefruits will acidify the blood and tissues. In fact, the citric, lactic, and other acids in such low sugar fruits - unlike high sugar fruits - exist primarily in their anionic (basic or electron) form, especially as their Na+ and K+ salts (e.g., potassium citrate). Following absorption, these anions (bases or electrons) are metabolized to sodium bicarbonate. Thus, lemons, limes and grapefruits alkalinize - not acidify - blood and tissues.

Alkalization occurs - even though the pH is typically low - because free Cations (protons or acids) are more than directly offset by the generated sodium bicarbonate from the low sugar fruit. For example, a liter of lime juice with a pH of 4, has 10 to the minus 4 moles of free Cations (protons or acids). The quantity of organic anions (bases or electrons) in the lime juice far exceeds this number of free Cations (protons or acids) and therefore, a net Alkalization will occur.
    http://www.internalawareness.com/did..._alkline1.html
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I really do wonder sometimes how quick people are to post "cures" here, without even knowing the person you're trying to help.

No one knows her body chemistry, no one knows if she has allergies (especially to medication and foods), no one knows of her past medical history, no one knows her current medications, her family history... important questions that you should seek answers to before giving a diagnosis and "medication."

It hasn't even been confirmed she has cancer. Yet people are already suggesting to alter the pH of blood in her body, which is nearly biologically impossible.
    Actually I know that if she has cancer, her blood is too acidic because cancer only thrives in blood that is too acidic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Yep. But as it stands right now, it is illegal for doctors to treat cancer patients with alternative methods.
    Yes. Also no alternative medical approach is allowed to say "cure" even if that method does cure the cancer.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actually I know that if she has cancer, her blood is too acidic because cancer only thrives in blood that is too acidic.
    How do you know that? If it is true that cancer loves acid then fruits must be cancer causers- not healthy things to eat.

http://www.uwhealth.org/news/cancer-myth-busting/13581

Cancer Myth #1: "“I heard cancer feeds on sugar. Should I avoid eating all sugar?”"

Holen: "No. Almost every new patient will ask me about this. A theory prevalent on the Internet holds that sugar will influence blood sugar levels, feed cancer and cause it to spread. The truth is you can't really control blood sugar by what you eat. The body's complex system processes what we eat and manages to keep blood sugar levels stable. You could starve yourself for weeks and yet your blood sugar will remain stable. The exception to this, of course, is people with diabetes who don't have proper insulin-regulating systems. But if you apply the theory that sugar can affect your insulin levels and feed cancer, diabetics with cancer would all be dying of their cancer."

Cancer Myth #2: "I saw on the Internet that cancer likes acid and a low pH. If I eat alkaline foods, will it help my cancer?"

Holen: "There is no scientific evidence that this is true. This belief is very similar to the myth about altering your body's blood sugar level. It's difficult to change your blood pH by eating alkaline foods like green vegetables, strawberries, apples or pumpkin. Like blood sugar, the body's pH is tightly regulated. The bottom line is changing pH is not a rational way of treating cancer because it's almost impossible to alter blood pH."

Cancer Myth #3: "I don't want to have surgery because my cancer will spread when it's exposed to air."

Holen: "I'm usually able to convince patients that this is a myth, but many patients will ask about it. My colleagues who treat lung cancer patients regularly hear about patients' fears of making their cancer worse by exposing it to air during surgery. The myth has the potential to do a lot of harm to patients. If patients decide against having surgery because of that belief, it could prevent a cure. And that's the worst thing that could happen."

Cancer Myth #4: "I heard cancer can be cured if you use alternative treatments to boost your immune system. Should I drink mangosteen and noni juices?"

Holen: "Although I'm not an expert on alternative medicine, I am a researcher with a patent on a promising drug for rare neuroendocrine cancers. I know you should be skeptical about any so-called natural remedies unless they are tested in a scientifically controlled and systematic way. Don't believe testimonials you see in ads and on the Internet. Shark cartilage is the only supplement touted as a cancer treatment that has undergone true scientific study, and the study found shark cartilage was not effective. Sometimes, patients will suggest something that's worth trying. In those cases, I suggest doing it in a controlled setting by starting treatment and then introducing the remedy the patient wants to try. Then we know if the patient's side effects worsen, it's probably not a good idea to continue it. I often consult with Dr. Lucille Marchand, the director of Integrative Oncology Services, to find the healthiest and most effective treatments possible for patients interested in combining conventional and alternative therapies."

Holen stresses that cancer patients should follow two rules of thumb in seeking the treatment combinations best for them.

"First, patients should find a physician they feel comfortable with and trust. And second, they should always talk to their doctor about any alternative treatments before they try them."

Another take: http://chriskresser.com/the-acid-alkaline-myth-part-2

One of the more popular claims of the alkaline diet is that it can cure cancer. Proponents say that because cancer can only grow in an acidic environment, a net-alkaline diet can prevent cancer cells from growing, and can eliminate existing cancer cells. This theory is incorrect for a few reasons. First of all, the hypothesis depends on the ability of food to substantially change the pH of the blood and extracellular fluid, which I’ve already shown is not the case. (8, 9, 10) Second, cancer is perfectly capable of growing in an alkaline environment. The pH of normal body tissue is 7.4, which is slightly alkaline, and in almost every experiment done with cancer cells, they are grown in an environment at that pH. (11)

Now, cancer cells do tend to grow better in an acidic environment, but the causality is reversed. Once a tumor develops, it creates its own acidic environment through up-regulated glycolysis and reduced circulation, so the pH of the patient’s blood no longer determines the pH of the cancer. (12) It’s not the acidic environment that causes the cancer; it’s the cancer that causes the acidic environment. To top it all off, the only comprehensive review on ‘diet-induced’ acidosis and cancer did not even acknowledge this as a valid mechanism by which an acid-forming diet could increase cancer risk. They discuss a few biological pathways that could potentially link dietary acid load and cancer, but they admit that it’s mostly speculation and there’s no direct link. (13)

Your blood is slightly alkaline.

The acidic blood doesn't cause cancer, it's the other way around through glycolysis.

Edit: Zippy beat me to it.

I'd also like to add that Chris Kresser is an acupuncturist and alternative medicine guru - and he posted what is above and quoted by Zippy.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

How do you know that? If it is true that cancer loves acid then fruits must be cancer causers- not healthy things to eat.

http://www.uwhealth.org/news/cancer-myth-busting/13581
    You aren't reading my posts carefully - acidic foods don't necessarily make your blood more acidic.

I don't know if this chart is 100% accurate but it's probably a pretty accurate picture overall.

^ I would probably look into meats and whether grass and pasture fed meats would be in the same category as meats that are fed solely grains, I'll bet that chart is based on meat that is fed solely grains like most of the meat sold in grocery stores.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Your blood is slightly alkaline.
    Yes blood is slightly alkaline, but it can be alkaline and too acidic, aka not alkaline enough.

The acidic blood doesn't cause cancer, it's the other way around through glycolysis.
    Cancer thrives in acidic blood, I don't know that acidic blood causes cancer.

I'd also like to add that Chris Kresser is an acupuncturist and alternative medicine guru - and he posted what is above and quoted by Zippy.
    I do actually reference Chris' material on occasion but I don't agree with him on everything, this is one.

Key point being that you can't change your blood pH by any significant amount. And cancer creates its own acidic environment- it isn't the acidic environment which allows the cancer to form. If all you need is an acidic environment, our digestive system would be riddled with cancers.

Conclusion from my earlier link:
    Conclusion
    I don’t deny that many people have seen significant health improvements when switching to an alkaline diet, but there are many possible reasons for this not having to do with pH balance. Eating more fresh produce is rarely a bad idea, especially when it displaces nutrient poor processed foods. A person switching to an alkaline diet would significantly reduce their consumption of grains, which could cause dramatic health improvements for somebody with a leaky gut or gluten sensitivity. Dairy would also be minimized, which would help those with dairy sensitivities. And although pure sugar isn’t an acid-forming nutrient, many laypeople claim that it is, so alkaline diets tend to contain far less sugar than a standard Western diet.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-11-2014 at 02:11 PM.

You aren't reading my posts carefully - acidic foods don't necessarily make your blood more acidic.

I don't know if this chart is 100% accurate but it's probably a pretty accurate picture overall.

^ I would probably look into meats and whether grass and pasture fed meats would be in the same category as meats that are fed solely grains, I'll bet that chart is based on meat that is fed solely grains like most of the meat sold in grocery stores.
    What is that chart based on? It has some things in very strange places. Seems to be more looking at sugar than pH but even that is not consistant. The stomach is a very acidic place and pH of foods there will get negated.

Key point being that you can't change your blood pH by any significant amount. And cancer creates its own acidic environment- it isn't the acidic environment which allows the cancer to form.
    Actually you can lower or increase your blood pH, it just takes some time depending on a variety of factors. This is because in the process of alkalizing your blood, your body dumps toxins which in turn acidify the blood. If you go at it long enough, your body will detox and your blood pH will go up.

http://www.cancerfightingstrategies....nd-cancer.html

Virtually everyone with cancer has low pH levels. This is because cancer is created and thrives, in a body that has low pH levels, a body that is acidic. Low pH causes your body to store more toxins in cells, and reduces oxygen levels, both of which are fundamental to the development of cancer. When cancer cells grow, they produce even more acid making it very difficult to raise pH levels.

When you take something to increase pH levels, your cells notice the difference and start to dump some of the toxins they are holding back into the bloodstream now that they have a chance to get rid of them. Because the cells are releasing these stored toxins, your pH levels drop again. This detoxification process can take months to get through.

In addition, because cancer cells pump out lactic acid as a byproduct of their energy production, they create even more acidity. You need to work a long time at normalizing pH because of these factors but as you do, you will make your body, in a sense, cancer proof.
    So not everybody with cancer may have "months" or as long as they need to alkalize the blood but alkalizing the blood should be part of the strategy for cancer treatment imo.

If all you need is an acidic environment, our digestive system would be riddled with cancers.
    No, you need to separate blood acidity from the digestive tract.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2014 at 02:14 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is that chart based on? It has some things in very strange places. Seems to be more looking at sugar than pH but even that is not consistant. The stomach is a very acidic place and pH of foods there will get negated.
    You don't measure the pH of the food to determine whether it will alkalize or acidify your body. It is certain components of the food that get absorbed into the bloodstream that determine that.

Actually you can lower or increase your blood pH, it just takes some time depending on a variety of factors. This is because in the process of alkalizing your blood, your body dumps toxins which in turn acidify the blood. If you go at it long enough, your body will detox and your blood pH will go up.

Only if you are unhealthy will your blood pH be higher. It likes to stay as close to 7.4 (slightly basic) as it can and has regulators to keep it there. Higher or lower and important bodily processes don't work like they should. If blood does actually go to acidic (6.9 or lower) you can die.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-11-2014 at 02:24 PM.

You don't measure the pH of the food to determine whether it will alkalize or acidify your body. It is certain components of the food that get absorbed into the bloodstream that determine that.
    Chris Kressler again on that theory (related but different article http://chriskresser.com/the-ph-myth-part-1 ):

Foods can influence our urine pH
    Before I start dismantling this theory, I want to acknowledge a couple things they get right. First, foods do leave behind acid or alkaline ash. The type of ‘ash’ is determined by the relative content of acid-forming components such as phosphate and sulfur, and alkalis such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium. (1, 2) In general, animal products and grains are acid forming, while fruits and vegetables are alkali forming. Pure fats, sugars, and starches are neutral, because they don’t contain protein, sulfur, or minerals.

It’s also true that the foods we eat change the pH of our urine. (3, 4) If you have a green smoothie for breakfast, for example, your pee a few hours later will likely be more alkaline than that of someone who had bacon and eggs. As a side note, it’s also very easy to measure your urine pH, and I think this is one of the big draws of the alkaline diet. Everyone can probably agree that it’s satisfying to see concrete improvements in health markers depending on your diet, and pH testing gives people that instant gratification they desire. However, as you’ll see below, urine pH is not a good indicator of the overall pH of the body, nor is it a good indicator of general health.

Foods don’t influence our blood pH
    Proponents of the alkaline diet have put forth a few different theories about how an acidic diet harms our health. The more ridiculous claim is that we can change the pH of our blood by changing the foods we eat, and that acidic blood causes disease while alkaline blood prevents it. This is not true. The body tightly regulates the pH of our blood and extracellular fluid, and we cannot influence our blood pH by changing our diet. (5, 6) High doses of sodium bicarbonate can temporarily increase blood pH, but not without causing uncomfortable GI symptoms. (7, 8) And there are certainly circumstances in which the blood is more acidic than it should be, and this does have serious health consequences. However, this state of acidosis is caused by pathological conditions such as chronic renal insufficiency, not by whether you choose to eat a salad or a burger. In other words, regardless of what you eat or what your urine pH is, you can be pretty confident that your blood pH is hovering around a comfortable 7.4.
    More at link. Your chart seems to be looking at alkali and acid forming foods. As he points out, they still aren't changing blood pH significantly- just your urine. Eating the types of foods suggested (such as fewer sugars) though are possibly good for you for other reasons. Just don't expect them to cure cancer or change your blood pH.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-11-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Asking for a thread split. For Pete's sake, you guys.....

Asking for a thread split. For Pete's sake, you guys.....
    In the OP they didn't just ask for pity or prayers, the OP talked about how they are skeptical of the medical industrial complex and their treatments and asked for advice about seeking that type of treatment so I think they'd probably be open to this type of discussion in the thread.

This is a debate, and not relevant to the issue posted. Just my flea bitten opinion.

Only if you are unhealthy will your blood pH be higher. It likes to stay as close to 7.4 (slightly basic) as it can and has regulators to keep it there. Higher or lower and important bodily processes don't work like they should. If blood does actually go to acidic (6.9 or lower) you can die.
    This article is sort of a balance between both of our views and while I disagree with some of it (such as that we should have equal balance of acidifying and alkalizing foods, I think being on the alkaline side of the fence is healthier) it may help you understand where I'm coming from better:

http://drbenkim.com/ph-body-blood-fo...d-alkaline.htm

The point is, which the article agrees with, people today generally eat foods that cause their blood to be too acidic, and in order to combat that the body releases chemical buffers like calcium phosphate. Drawing on these reserves constantly can cause weakness in the teeth and bones and they end up in your kidneys and can cause kidney stones. And I would assume that cancer has a threshold of around 7.4 pH and can probably not survive in a 7.4+ pH environment very well, even if it's only 7.45 which is in the range of a healthy pH.

Again, this isn't THE overnight cure for cancer so much as a lifestyle change that can help most people avoid cancer and can help those with cancer, along with other treatments (alternative or chemo/radiation, whatever your belief/preference), to help stave it off permanently.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2014 at 03:45 PM.

This is a debate, and not relevant to the issue posted. Just my flea bitten opinion.
    The OP was loaded to start a debate on this topic, they were debating among cancer treatments in a broad sense right in the OP.

Diet is very important for avoiding and getting over cancer. Somebody who makes the type of post the OP made questioning the medical industrial complex probably appreciates the info and deciding for themselves what they think is right.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-11-2014 at 03:39 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc. I am open to hearing all kinds of differing viewpoints. Yesterday I went with her to the doctor and they said her blood test was normal, but the radiology scan showed a nodule 2.5 cm in diameter. The doctor said for any nodule over 2.0 cm he has to order a biopsy. The local doctor who has to perform the biopsy cannot see her until 5/1.

We stopped by the local health foods store and bought a bottle of Graviola. She took a 500 mg pill of it yesterday, and two of same today. She will continue to take two per day until her soursop juice shipment arrives next week. Then I will switch her over to that. We have organic raw apple cider vinegar at home, but don't drink it often enough. She's going to have a glass tonight.

In the meantime we are contemplating whether to get the biopsy done on 5/1 or possibly earlier if I can get it in with some other doctors about an hour from here. My parents again suggested that she visit the big city and get it done by professionals who do biopsies all day long. She is deathly afraid of getting one done, and I'm almost certain she will have a panic attack if not sedated, so we are heavily contemplating waiting until 5/25 to have the professionals do it. Then she can stay with my parents for as long as it takes the professionals to give their recommendations and we'll make our decisions along the way. I'm thinking we will wait until 5/25, get the biopsy done, and maybe they will order another radiology scan. Then we can compare that to the previous one and see if the graviola/soursop shrank the nodule at all.
    Last edited by AmericasLastHope; 04-11-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

A biopsy is necessary for any diagnosis, my suggestion would be to request that enough tissue be removed that more than one lab could run tests from the same sample.

If your wife is freaked there's no reason to subject her to multiple biopsies just to get opinions...

Best!

AmericasLastHope, when your wife is ready to take this on, show her this clip: View My Video

She's going to need to laugh often.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 04-11-2014 at 11:01 PM.

I would be cautious of medical advice offered over the internet. Talk with your doctors about all options.
    Yeah I personally wouldn't know the best route to take on such a serious subject. I watch so many documentaries about natural cures as being better than chemo, but then watching Steve Jobs die from refusing standard treatment and going the "natural" route instead is baffling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast