Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher

It's All rigged, bribed, bought, collaboration, coercion, subversion, racketeering, influence, corruption

Evidence of BLM’s Deadly Abuse of Animals Taken from Bundy Ranch

Campaign donors, politicians behind Searchlight wind project
    Duke Energy, Sen. Reid play major role as wind-turbine farm imposed on community

April 2001, then-Sen. Harry Reid, a Searchlight native, wrote a letter to the Searchlight Town Advisory Board arguing against a proposed gas fire-powered plant asserting that it would “ruin” views of Searchlight’s natural beauty.
    January 2013, “I recognize that the proposed wind project in Searchlight has elicited strong opinions in favor and in opposition from residents and non-residents of Nevada,” Reid wrote. “We are fortunate to live in a state that has sunny skies, strong winds, and abundant geothermal resources on lands that when used properly, will provide for us and our children a cleaner and more efficient future that gives Nevada a chance at energy independence.”
    Views from Reid’s property, however, won’t be ruined. That’s because when Duke Energy scaled the project down from 161 turbines to 87 turbines, it removed the proposed turbines near Reid’s property on the west side of Searchlight.
    http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...20Final%20.pdf

03-13-13 Press Release - Renewable Energy Final .pdf

Duke Energy has been a major campaign contributor to Reid and other prominent Democrats.

James E. Rogers, Duke Energy’s CEO, has contributed to both parties, but made large donations to support Reid’s effort to keep his majority-leader post in 2010. Reid, in his 2010 re-election campaign, directly received donations of $4,800 from Rogers. The Duke CEO also gave $30,400 to the Senate Democratic Campaign Committee and $30,000 to the Democratic National Committee that year.

In 2012, Duke Energy underwrote the Democratic National Convention held in Charlotte, N.C., where the company is headquartered. Not only was Rogers a co-chair of the convention, personally giving it $339,000, in cash and in-kind services, but Duke Energy also guaranteed a $10 million loan taken out by the Democratic Party to fund the convention — later forgiving the loan and writing it off as a tax-deductible loss.

Duke shareholders thus footed $6 million of the convention’s cost, while U.S. taxpayers were hit for the other $4 million.

The energy giant’s decisions were met with controversy, in part because the DNC had originally banned corporate contributions.

April 2012: Bloomberg reports Solar Jobs Join Harry Reid to Chinese Billionaire in Price Drop

A Chinese billionaire is teaming up with the most powerful man in the U.S. Senate to build a solar plant in a dusty corner of Nevada, even as officials accuse China of driving energy companies out of business by dumping cheap components on the American market.
    ENN Group (ENNGZ) plans a manufacturing and generating facility worth $5 billion, more than all Chinese investment in the U.S. combined last year, in Laughlin, Nevada,

Company founder Wang Yusuo, one of China’s richest men, has joined with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to win incentives including land 113 miles (182 kilometers) southeast of Las Vegas that ENN is buying for $4.5 million, or less than one-eighth of the $38.6 million assessors say it is worth. The project has produced legal work for Reid’s son, Rory, a lawyer at a Las Vegas firm that gave the Nevada Democrat more than $40,000 in the past three election cycles.
    Washington Times: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?

Clinton/Obama cronies behind Bundy showdownHigh-level Democrats positioned to profit from 'green' projects
    Reid had lobbied heavily for the company’s business, even traveling to China. Reid’s son, Rory Reid, formerly a Clark County commissioner, became a lobbyist for ENN, and the Senate majority leader’s former senior adviser, Neil Kornze, now leads the BLM.

Don't forget this jackass, "If you're coming to Bunkerville, Make Funeral Plans"

Clark County Commissioner Tom Collins

Tom Collins
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-19-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rachel Maddow to Fox News: Stop glorifying an enemy of the state

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-ma...anch-coverage/
    Proud enemy of every "State" here, keep it coming statists, your tears sustain me.

A carload of drunken hippies came by and started taunting them?

Quote Originally Posted by WM_in_MO View Post
    Proud enemy of every "State" here, keep it coming statists, your tears sustain me.
    Well, if you really mean to uphold and defend the Constitution, then you would have to be an enemy of this state at least.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Campaign donors, politicians behind Searchlight wind project
    Duke Energy, Sen. Reid play major role as wind-turbine farm imposed on community
    I would be more surprised if Duke Energy didn't have their grubby fingers in this somewhere.

Don't forget this jackass, "If you're coming to Bunkerville, Make Funeral Plans"

Clark County Commissioner Tom Collins

Tom Collins
    LOL yeah, that guy. Make funeral plans. Hold a funeral in effigy to vote this bum out of office.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I would be more surprised if Duke Energy didn't have their grubby fingers in this somewhere.

LOL yeah, that guy. Make funeral plans. Hold a funeral in effigy to vote this bum out of office.
    It seems that the whole local governance is in need of a diaper change.

They need a new Sheriff,, and this guys gotta go.

I hope there are some local folks that can step up.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by WM_in_MO View Post
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

It's a little too much to follow all of these threads. Seems to me that this issue is a simple one that can be concisely summarized in a couple or three threads. It seems to be economics, pure and simple. The solar companies have simply transferred responsibility of the land they took and transferred it to adjacent land. This is what they are calling secondary mitigation.

Solar project construction would, for instance, destroy water sources for wildlife to drink. Hence, this prompts Wildlife News to write: "This is called 'secondary mitigation.' Wildlife mitigation is things like planting grass wildlife need or like, development of new water sources for wildlife to drink, and restoration of rangeland overgrazed by cattle."

It seems to me that these solar projects are actually destroying land. They are attempting to offset this destruction by creating these secondary mitigation areas. That means that solar companies have simply used land, destroyed land, and then decree THAT PEOPLE IN ADJACENT (secondary) AREAS ARE NOW RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND LAND THAT THE SOLAR COMPANIES USED FOR THEIR OWN GAIN. INSTEAD OF RANCHERS PROFITING--ANOTHER COMPANY IS NOW PROFITING!

It seems to me that there is no conspiracy here. Solar companies and their minions are just transferring responsibility to people who have nothing do with these projects and people (like Bundy) who are outside the areas of construction.

I could be wrong, but this is what jumps out to me.

Simply Outstanding!

We know and understand how these agencies and politicians rigged the system and competely screw property rights as well as create a dictatorial environment that no one can challenge without huge costs, live under due to it crippling burdens and costs, plus the regulations and restrictions, which are INTENTIONAL, passed to Rule and Control states/property with immunity!

The Game is purposely rigged in this FASCIST government that's FOR SALE & FOR THEIR PROFIT!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-19-2014 at 07:24 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Hollywood, post #961's first link needs fixed.

Has there been any pictures posted of the grave the Bundys found, the cattle shot from above, etc. or was the link that was posted going to that?

I don't have much time to spare to keep up with every page.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Has there been any pictures posted of the grave the Bundys found, the cattle shot from above, etc. or was the link that was posted going to that?
    http://benswann.com/did-blm-bury-bun...raphic-images/
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Not intentionally malevolent.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-19-2014 at 06:03 PM.

That'll be you and me some day soon, if there is not a stop put to this nonsense, and right $#@!ing quick.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-19-2014 at 06:03 PM.

A Rancher chimes in:
    "There have been a lot of people criticizing Clive Bundy because he did not pay his grazing fees for 20 years. The public is also probably wondering why so many other cowboys are supporting Mr. Bundy even though they paid their fees and Clive did not. What you people probably do not realize is that on every rancher's grazing permit it says the following: "You are authorized to make grazing use of the lands, under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management and covered by this grazing permit, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this grazing permit and payment of grazing fees when due." The "mandatory" terms and conditions go on to list the allotment, the number and kind of livestock to be grazed, when the permit begins and ends, the number of active or suspended AUMs (animal units per month), etc. The terms and conditions also list specific requirements such as where salt or mineral supplements can be located, maximum allowable use of forage levels (40% of annual growth), etc., and include a lot more stringent policies that must be adhered to. Every rancher must sign this "contract" agreeing to abide by the TERMS AND CONDITIONS before he or she can make payment. In the early 90s, the BLM went on a frenzy and drastically cut almost every rancher's permit because of this desert tortoise issue, even though all of us ranchers knew that cow and desert tortoise had co-existed for a hundred+ years. As an example, a family friend had his permit cut by 90%. For those of you who are non ranchers, that would be equated to getting your paycheck cut 90%. In 1976 there were approximately 52 ranching permittees in this area of Nevada. Presently, there are 3. Most of these people lost their livelihoods because of the actions of the BLM. Clive Bundy was one of these people who received extremely unfair and unreasonable TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Keep in mind that Mr. Bundy was required to sign this contract before he was allowed to pay. Had Clive signed on the dotted line, he would have, in essence, signed his very livelihood away. And so Mr. Bundy took a stand, not only for himself, but for all of us. He refused to be destroyed by a tyrannical federal entity and to have his American liberties and freedoms taken away. Also keep in mind that all ranchers financially paid dearly for the forage rights those permits allow - - not rights to the land, but rights to use the forage that grows on that land. Many of these AUMS are water based, meaning that the rancher also has a vested right (state owned, not federal) to the waters that adjoin the lands and allow the livestock to drink. These water rights were also purchased at a great price. If a rancher cannot show beneficial use of the water (he must have the appropriate number of livestock that drinks and uses that water), then he loses that water right. Usually water rights and forage rights go hand in hand. Contrary to what the BLM is telling you, they NEVER compensate a rancher for the AUMs they take away. Most times, they tell ranchers that their AUMS are "suspended," but not removed. Unfortunately, my family has thousands of "suspended" AUMs that will probably never be returned. And so, even though these ranchers throughout the course of a hundred years invested thousands(and perhaps millions) of dollars and sacrificed along the way to obtain these rights through purchase from others, at a whim the government can take everything away with the stroke of a pen. This is the very thing that Clive Bundy single handedly took a stand against. Thank you, Clive, from a rancher who considers you a hero."

I've been looking for this tidbit that AuH20 posted. I wanted to study it a little more since it seemed to say so much. Like maybe they wouldn't cash his checks because he wouldn't sign. ?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Link?
    This isn't the source. It does have another link. Maybe it will get us somewhere.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...g-2938622.html

Reports are coming in that the feds are filling up a hotel with agents, looks like they are preparing for some sort of raid.

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    Reports are coming in that the feds are filling up a hotel with agents, looks like they are preparing for some sort of raid.
    More information would be good...

Quote Originally Posted by RPtotheWH View Post
    Reports from who and posted where?

I am sure that there are folks in the area with their eyes and ears open though,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More about the mess the BLM made of the operation. They hired an Utah rancher to round up the cattle to take to Utah to sell. However, the Governor of Utah declined to allow the cattle to cross state lines. The BLM also caused significant damage to Bundy operation.

Feds accused of leaving trail of wreckage after Nevada ranch standoff

The federal agency that backed down over the weekend in a tense standoff with a Nevada rancher is being accused of leaving a trail of wreckage behind.

Fox News toured the damage -- allegedly caused by the Bureau of Land Management -- which included holes in water tanks and destroyed water lines and fences. According to family friends, the bureau's hired "cowboys" also killed two prize bulls.

"They had total control of this land for one week, and look at the destruction they did in one week," said Corey Houston, friend of rancher Cliven Bundy and his family. "So why would you trust somebody like that? And how does that show that they're a better steward?"

The BLM and other law enforcement officials backed down on Saturday in their effort to seize Bundy's cattle, after hundreds of protesters, some armed, arrived to show support for the Bundy family. In the end, BLM officials left the scene amid concerns about safety, and no shots were fired.

The dispute between the feds and the Bundy family has been going on for years; they say he owes more than $1.1 million in unpaid grazing fees -- and long ago revoked his grazing rights over concern for a federally protected tortoise. They sent officials to round up his livestock following a pair of federal court orders last year giving the U.S. government the authority to impound the cattle.

The feds, though, are being accused of taking the court orders way too far.

On a Friday night conference call, BLM officials told reporters that "illegal structures" on Bundy's ranch -- water tanks, water lines and corrals -- had to be removed to "restore" the land to its natural state and prevent the rancher from restarting his illegal cattle operation.

However, the court order used to justify the operation appears only to give the agency the authority to "seize and impound" Bundy's cattle.

"Nowhere in the court order that I saw does it say that they can destroy infrastructure, destroy corrals, tanks ... desert environment, shoot cattle," Houston said.

Bundy's friends say the BLM wranglers told them the bulls were shot because they were dangerous and could gore their horses. One bull was shot five times.

But Houston said the pen holding the bull wasn't even bent. "It's not like the bull was smashing this pen and trying tackle people or anything," he said. "The pen is sitting here. It hasn't moved. No damage whatsoever. Where was the danger with that bull?"

Plus he said BLM vehicles appear to have crushed a tortoise burrow near the damaged water tank. "How's that conservation?" he asked.

The BLM has not yet responded to a request for comment on these allegations.

Bundy has refused to pay the grazing fees or remove his cattle, and doesn't even acknowledge the federal government's authority to assess or collect damages.

The bureau has said if Bundy wasn't willing to pay, then they would sell his cattle.

However, there was a problem with that plan -- few in Nevada would touch Bundy's cattle for fear of being blacklisted.

"The sale yards are very nervous about taking what in the past has been basically stolen cattle from the federal government," Nevada Agriculture Commissioner Ramona Morrison said.

Documents show the BLM paid a Utah cattle wrangler $966,000 to collect Bundy's cattle and a Utah auctioneer to sell them. However, Utah Gov. Gary Herbert refused to let Bundy cattle cross state lines, saying in a letter: "As Governor of Utah, I urgently request that a herd of cattle seized by the Bureau of Land Management from Mr. Cliven Bundy of Bunkerville, Nevada, not be sent to Utah. There are serious concerns about human safety and animal health and well-being, if these animals are shipped to and sold in Utah."

That letter was sent three days before the BLM round-up, which is why the cattle were still being held Saturday in temporary pens just a few miles from Bundy's ranch. Morrison says BLM was sitting on cattle because it had no way to get rid of them -- setting up a potential tragedy as orphaned calves were not getting any milk and feed costs were about to skyrocket.

The showdown is far from over. The BLM says it will "continue to work to resolve the matter administratively and judicially," though Bundy still doesn't recognize federal authority over the federal lands that he continues to use in violation of a court order. The federal judge who issued that decision says Bundy's claims "are without merit."

That order from October 2013 says Bundy owes $200 per day per head for every day he fails to move his cattle. That amounts to roughly $640 million in damages owed to the federal government for illegally grazing his cattle.

William La Jeunesse joined FOX News Channel (FNC) in March 1998 and currently serves as a Los Angeles-based correspondent.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Digging up 1 of the HUGE holes where they threw the cows

that they had ran to death or shot.

I feel that this NEEDS to be put out for the public to see.

http://bundyranch.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Saturday, April 19, 2014

Digging up 1 of the HUGE holes where they threw the cows

that they had ran to death or shot.

I feel that this NEEDS to be put out for the public to see.

http://bundyranch.blogspot.com/
    The anti Bundy crowd won't care. They are out for blood so what's a little cow blood? The oh so tolerant peaceful left are making comments like the BLM should have shot all the protesters. The cows are just collateral damage. There is nothing that will convince the sheep who are stuck so far up the Feds butt they would need a periscope to see beyond what they are told to see. They remind me of the pod people from Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    More information would be good...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Reports from who and posted where?

I am sure that there are folks in the area with their eyes and ears open though,,

The only motels anywhere near that area are in Mesquite. I know; I used to drive through there a lot. Mesquite is immediately inside the Nevada border. Most of the hotels are actually in the casinos designed to draw in out-of-state visitors from Utah.

The next closest hotels are in Saint George, Utah, up through the Virgin River gorge (a beautiful drive for those who get the chance) and over thirty miles away.

If anyone has the time, one could look up hotel availability in Mesquite. Probably six or seven hotels there, tops.

But frankly, if there's going to be a raid my guess is that they'll simply roll everyone out of Las Vegas. Vegas is only an hour's drive south on I-15. Why would the Feds move anyone into a motel in Mesquite and tip everyone off?

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    The only motels anywhere near that area are in Mesquite. I know; I used to drive through there a lot. Mesquite is immediately inside the Nevada border. Most of the hotels are actually in the casinos designed to draw in out-of-state visitors from Utah.

The next closest hotels are in Saint George, Utah, up through the Virgin River gorge (a beautiful drive for those who get the chance) and over thirty miles away.

If anyone has the time, one could look up hotel availability in Mesquite. Probably six or seven hotels there, tops.

But frankly, if there's going to be a raid my guess is that they'll simply roll everyone out of Las Vegas. Vegas is only an hour's drive south on I-15. Why would the Feds move anyone into a motel in Mesquite and tip everyone off?
    According to the other thread(s) about this, they are staying at the Vegas Marriott. It's one of those secrets that isn't a secret because a friend of a friend of a cop who spilled the beans sent an email that was forwarded twice. Take that with whatever amount of salt is needed.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    According to the other thread(s) about this, they are staying at the Vegas Marriott. It's one of those secrets that isn't a secret because a friend of a friend of a cop who spilled the beans sent an email that was forwarded twice. Take that with whatever amount of salt is needed.

That would make a lot more sense.

And does anyone wonder why these guys never stay at a Motel 6 or Econo-Lodge? I'll bet they're getting billed over $100/head at the Marriot, even with their government discount. Ahh, to live as a leech on the blood of hard working victims. It's a good life for anyone without a conscience.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast