Thread: Deltopia 2014 gets a tad wild

Deltopia 2014 gets a tad wild

From Drudge;

Deltopia 2014 Gathering Turned into Riot in Isla Vista

http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/deltop...in-isla-vista/

Over 40 people were injured and around 100 people were arrested when violence erupted at the Deltopia 2014 gathering and unruly behavior turned into a riot at an unapproved party in Isla Vista. Officials believe over 15,000 people were present at the yearly party on Saturday. Some attendees described Deltopia 2014 as a glorified drinking party. The gathering draws crowds by the thousands every year. Those who attend are mostly college students from UC Santa Barbara and other near-by colleges.

Police officers were already on hand before the riot broke out to monitor the event and ended up arresting 56 people and issuing 49 citations. The situation intensified around 8 p.m. when sheriff’s deputies were called after reports of stabbings at the event.Shortly after the sheriffs responded the crowd became unruly. Members of the crowd began attacking law enforcement. One police officer was smash in the head with a bag filled with of liquor bottles. It is believed that this incident at the Deltopia 2014 gathering in Isla Vista turned into an all-out brawl with law enforcement that eventually the led to a riot.

Two sheriff’s deputies also sustained injuries when one was cut by a bottle, and another was hit in the head with a brick. During the chaos partygoers began destroying traffic signs, lighting things on fire and breaking windows out of cars. Some of members of the crowd of 15,000 began to throw bricks, rocks, and bottles at officers. Their cars were also attacked.Five additional officers were hurt in the brawl, including one officer who was hit in the face with a brick and two others who were both hit on their hands with bottles. All officers have since been released from the hospital.

Law enforcement officers were forced to use pepper spray, tear gas, and rubber bullets in an attempt to control the anarchy. The rioting continued through one a.m. It was then after further law enforcement from Ventura County arrived that law enforcement was finally able to break up the crowd.One Deltopia-goer posted a photo of their smashed windshield from the inside of their car captioned “the drive home

Santa Barbara spokeswoman Kelly Hoover was quoted saying “It was an emergency situation where we had to call in mutual aid. They have had civil disturbances before in Isla Vista, but it has been many years since something like this.”

Hoover is reefing to the riots of 1970 where students protested and rioted for months in opposition to student arrests, war, discrimination and the murder of Kevin Moran. He was trying to assist in putting out fires started by radicals in a bank when police opened fire on him and then claimed that he was gunned down by a radical sniper. The police even went so far as to put out an all-points-bulletin on the fake suspects and made up a description for the imaginary gunman’s getaway car. There were three riots in Isla Vista that years.

Besides those that were treated for injuries sustained during the gathering turned riot in Isla Vista, almost all others hospitalized on Saturday had consumed dangerous amounts of alcohol at Deltopia 2014. Authorities remained in Isla Vista through Sunday morning cleaning up the glass and trash left behind at the scene of the riot.

By Sarah Wright

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dang,, had not seen your post,,

these can be merged.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...quot-riot-quot
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I have a couple threads on past deltopias and floatopias but I can't find them in the searches.

Isla Vista is a 1 mile x 1 mile town with about 80-90% college students right next to UCSB, the 25th best University in the country as well as almost 1 mile of housing right along the beach where all the big parties happen. It's a party school, and the laid pack, non-Greek party atmosphere attracts some of the best and brightest who also happen to like to party and chill at the beach. Naturally that's where I spent 4 years of my life.

What happened was in 2009 they had this, Floatopia, it was a social networking event that sprung up quickly and got a lot bigger than anybody anticipated:

Yes, there was a lot of trash but volunteers came and picked it all up and put the trash at the beach entrance next to the other dumpsters. Then the media came and took pictures and said, "see all the trash they left!!" insinuating that tax payers had to pay somebody to collect all the trash off the beach when no such thing happened..

I guess a lot of people peed in the ocean, too.

I told them in the local online paper comment section not to shut down the beaches, they would just make it worse, but the next year they shut them down and so it turned into an event called "Deltopia". So now nobody can go to the beaches for a couple weeks a year and it really sucks, but Deltopia was even bigger and everybody just parties from thursday night or friday through monday morning, all day and all night at house parties in Isla Vista, especially along del playa. They have been doing the same thing on halloween for decades, and Playboy used to rate Isla Vista as the #1 place to party on Halloween back in the 80's. In '91 they had so many people that riots broke out and they had to call in the National Guard.

Last year at Deltopia a poor girl named Giselle Alaya told her friends she had to use the restroom, which on del playa at night often means hopping a short fence and peeing in the bushes. Witnesses said that right after the police came to break up parties. The next morning she was found dead on the beach. My theory is that she was going to the bathroom on the cliffs and the cops came and scared her and she tried to get away and fell off the cliff. Of course everybody else just says she was drunk and fell, but she was a smart girl going to Cal Poly and I think she was scared of being arrested for urinating in public and public intoxication. People last year said, "well, that's the last Deltopia!" Ya, right...

They have continued to restrict the event, you have to show "papers" if you want to drive in to IV to prove you are a resident and this causes a lot of problems for residents getting in and out who may not have the required paperwork out of laziness or what have you.

This year they put in noise ordinances so you can't have loud music in your own house. I told them not to do it, the more restrictions the worse it would get. It turns out I was right, I think some music at the parties would have given something for people to do besides drink and create havoc.

They ended up shutting down del playa, the street along the beach and people just got tired of the police and restrictions and everybody was drunk and nobody respects the cops. Residents couldn't get home, and some of the people at the event didn't have a home.

The riot was caused by the cops. It was caused by their oppressive ordinances and when people disrespect them they turned violent. Rubber bullets, tear gas and a bearcat were used to clear areas and show the public they had the power. It was like a local media fueled training exercise. It was sickening. I guess a cop got hit by a backpack full of alcohol bottles and another cop got hit by a brick.

If you want to see me rant and rave and defend the protesters against a bunch of fascists, you can checkout the comment section in the following article.. I post under loonpt:

http://www.independent.com/news/2014...la-vista-riot/

My theory is, you can't have a riot without cops.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-07-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

From my uneducated reading ,, that was my conclusion..

This was a Police provoked event.

before the event.
    http://dailynexus.com/2014-04-03/an-...e-of-deltopia/
    http://dailynexus.com/2014-04-02/del...r-enforcement/

after the event

http://dailynexus.com/2014-04-07/civ...in-isla-vista/
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-07-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Hoover is refering to the riots of 1970 where students protested and rioted for months in opposition to student arrests, war, discrimination and the murder of Kevin Moran. He was trying to assist in putting out fires started by radicals in a bank when police opened fire on him and then claimed that he was gunned down by a radical sniper. The police even went so far as to put out an all-points-bulletin on the fake suspects and made up a description for the imaginary gunman’s getaway car. There were three riots in Isla Vista that years.
    And the band played on...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-07-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the band played on...
    Well they burned the bank down twice, you have to admit that was pretty sweet.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    From my uneducated reading ,, that was my conclusion..

before the event.
    http://dailynexus.com/2014-04-03/an-...e-of-deltopia/
    http://dailynexus.com/2014-04-02/del...r-enforcement/

after the event

http://dailynexus.com/2014-04-07/civ...in-isla-vista/
    Wow, thanks for posting those. I was actually afraid to read the Nexus stuff cause I had the impression that some authoritarian non-sense had been posted there for some reason, but that first article was really great.

“Anyone playing and/or hosting an event in violation of the ordinance will face a citation or arrest and potentially have their equipment seized,” Signa said in the statement. “Due to the death of Giselle Ayala and the numerous other people hurt last year, we are going to be very strict on any violations we see.”
    See that?!?!? The cops chase the poor girl off the cliff and then they used it as an excuse to crack down...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Surprise, surprise, the police officers and media LIED about the events that precipitated the riot!!

I seriously had people telling me they heard that a guy stabbed an officer in the eye... but the media reported that a 17 year old kid from LA had a backpack "full of alcohol bottles" and swung it at the cop and it split open his forehead.

Turns out it was ONE half full bottle of bacardi in the backpack, it didn't break, and what actually happened was the officer grabbed the kid from behind, he swung around and the officer fell on the ground

http://independent.com/news/2014/apr...g-deltopia-pl/

Teen Charged with Assaulting Officer During Deltopia Pleads Not Guilty

Lawyer Calls Desmond Louis Edwards a ‘Good Kid with a Good Heart’

Tuesday, April 15, 2014
    By Kelsey Brugger

The teenager charged with physically maiming a UCSB police officer at last weekend’s Deltopia mega party in Isla Vista pleaded not guilty Monday to multiple felony counts including resisting an officer and assaulting a peace officer with the allegation of inflicting great bodily harm.

Authorities say 17-year-old Desmond Louis Edwards of Los Angeles sparked the civil unrest that consumed the seaside college town’s streets for more than four hours. Though he will be tried as an adult, Edwards — wearing a blue dress shirt and tie in court — has been held at Juvenile Hall in Santa Maria since his arrest.

Following arguments from public defender Mindi Boulet and prosecutor Mary Barron, Judge Thomas Adams reduced Edwards’s bail from $100,000 to $75,000 with the condition that he reside in his father’s home — and remain home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. — and only travel to Santa Barbara for court hearings. He was also also ordered to not consume alcohol and will have to contact pre-trial services three times a week.

Last week, Sheriff’s officials said that a UCSB police officer had witnessed Edwards involved in a fight and that as he sought to grab Edwards, Edwards spun around and threw a backpack at the officer’s face, splitting open his forehead and knocking him to the ground. The officer is expected to return to duty within the next week or two.

On Monday, public defender Mindi Boulet argued the backpack contained only one half-full Bacardi bottle, not multiple bottles like reports have stated. The bottle also did not break, she argued, and one deputy’s account of the incident stated he only saw the UCSB officer fall to the ground when he attempted to reach out and grab Edwards, which would not cause such injuries.

She further discounted the belief that Edwards would not show up to court because he ran from the officer during the incident, pointing to his many supporters — his parents, family members, and a few friends were present — sitting in the audience.

She added that Edwards has no criminal record, is responsible for caring for his diabetic father, and had no intention of harming someone that night. “He’s a good kid with a good heart. He did not intend for anyone to get hurt.” She asked Adams to reduce his bail to $60,000 (per pre-trial recommendations) or release Edwards on his own recognizance.

Countering Boulet’s argument, prosecutor Mary Barron questioned his parents’ ability to guarantee Edwards attends his hearings. “What was the defendant doing unsupervised that evening in Isla Vista?” She further contended Edwards’s action of violence precipitated the “extreme violence” and that he used the backpack as a weapon, leaving the officer with “debilitating injuries.” Though he may not have any priors, she said, he remains a threat to public safety.

In a compromise, Adams reduced the bail by $25,000. Edwards will appear again in court on April 28. He faces a maximum sentence of 12 years in prison and a minimum sentence of probation.

Much of the debate surrounding Deltopia’s aftermath has centered on whether or not “out-of-towners” were largely to blame for the havoc. After Deltopia, an Isla Vista foot patrol lieutenant sent a letter to Isla Vista homeowners stating many of the people who threw bricks and bottles from inside their houses or apartments were tenants or friends of the tenants.

The letter explains that though they are unsure of all individuals involved, deputies compiled a list of addresses (and student information of who resides there) that they are certain were involved. Though the residents many not have participated in throwing objects, the letter states, the homes were used to house or “shelter” those who did. The arrest log from the incident should be sent out in the next week or so.

bump

http://www.independent.com/news/2014...a-vista-homes/

‘Party Patrol’ Raids Isla Vista Homes
    Sunday, April 27, 2014
    By Mckinley Krongaus

Undercover cops busting house parties in Isla Vista gained attention after three deputies dressed as partygoers entered several open homes carrying an empty box of beer on April 18. The operation, dubbed a “party patrol” in the Alcoholic Beverage Control grant under which it runs, was reported in UCSB’s student paper, The Daily Nexus. It resulted in multiple misdemeanor citations issued at homes and apartments on Sabado Tarde and Del Playa, according Isla Vista Foot Patrol’s Lt. Rob Plastino.

Plastino told The Santa Barbara Independent that the plainclothes operation has been ongoing since this fall and has existed for decades. In this two-day sweep, dozens of citations were handed out to minors in possession of alcohol, and to hosts for serving alcohol to minors and for noise and nuisance violations.

House parties in Isla Vista are very much “public venues,” the lieutenant explained, due to the openness of the events and the culture of the city. The patrol targets parties “where people can come and go from the streets” unchallenged, he said, including his officers. After they leave, the adults “are allowed to continue to party as long as they like.” He added that deputies dressed in civilian clothes are under no obligation to divulge why they are entering a public party; if asked if they are law enforcement officers, they are allowed to maintain their hidden identity.

From article in OP.
    Police officers were already on hand before the riot broke out to monitor the event and ended up arresting 56 people and issuing 49 citations. The situation intensified around 8 p.m. when sheriff’s deputies were called after reports of stabbings at the event.Shortly after the sheriffs responded the crowd became unruly. Members of the crowd began attacking law enforcement.
    Law enforcement officers were forced to use pepper spray, tear gas, and rubber bullets in an attempt to control the anarchy.
    Misuse of the word anarchy, Oxymoron sentence. Authoritative aggression begets chaos and reprisals is more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Authorities Make Eight More Deltopia Arrests
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014
    By Kelsey Brugger

Eight more suspects have been arrested for participating in the Deltopia riot following an investigation that collected anonymous tips and video footage, the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday. Authorities say 26 civilians and 7 law enforcement officials were injured when rioters threw rocks, bricks, and bottles at them during the four-hour melee on April 5. Detectives traveled to Lake Tahoe, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles to detain the suspects. “Our message is clear,” said Sheriff Bill Brown in a statement. “If you engage in this type of criminal activity we will track you down, arrest you, and bring you to justice.”

The number of out-of-towners who flocked to Isla Vista to attend the annual unsanctioned event is unprecedented, said Sheriff’s spokesperson Kelly Hoover. Of the 457 adults arrest or cited during Deltopia, 141 were identified as college students, mostly from California campuses. Of the college arrestees, 21 attended UCSB and 22 attended SBCC. The rest were from out-of-area colleges. Thirteen juveniles were also arrested.

The person authorities say ignited the riot appeared in court again this week. Judge Brian Hill released Los Angeles resident Desmond Edwards on his own recognizance with the conditions that he stay out of Santa Barbara County except for court hearings, abstain from drugs or alcohol, and check in weekly with the probation department. Edwards had been in Juvenile Hall on a $75,000 bail since his April arrest. Charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest with the enhancement of inflicting great bodily injury, Edwards will be back in court on August 12.

Names and charges of the newly-arrested individuals are below:

– Agustin Guerrero, 23, was arrested at his work place in Oxnard on July 11. Authorities say Guerrero threw a large rock at a van, prompting and encouraging a mob of people to “completely destroy” the vehicle. Detectives seized several pieces of evidence at his home and booked Guerrero on a $50,000 arrest warrant. He also had a $5,000 unrelated traffic warrant, according to Hoover.

– Geddy Miller, 19, was arrested in South Lake Tahoe on April 18. Miller was booked on charges of inciting a riot and felony vandalism because video footage caught him jumping on top of the aforementioned van, Hoover said.

– William Hopkins, 22, a UCSB student, was arrested in Goleta on April 6 for refusing to disperse and remaining at a riot.

– Arron Cozza, 19, of Arroyo Grande was arrested on April 10 at SBCC. Video footage caught Cozza pulling a stop sign out of the ground and waving it around, Hoover said. He was charged with receiving stolen property and theft.

– Mike Duenas, 20, of Acton was arrested on April 10 for charges of inciting a riot.

– Austin Escobedo, 21, was arrested in Santa Barbara on April 15 for making terrorist threats and participating in a riot.

– Jorge Santana, 21, was arrested in San Lorenzo on April 17. Authorities say Santana threw two canisters of tear gas at Sheriff’s deputies. He was charged with obstructing and resisting a peace officer.

– Justin Mott, 18, of Valencia, was arrested on May 21. Authorities say he vandalized a car in a grocery store parking lot in Goleta after the Deltopia destruction. He was charged with felony vandalism.

The Sheriff’s Office also sent four cases — ranging from being present at a riot to felony vandalism — to the District Attorney’s office for review.
    http://www.independent.com/news/2014...topia-arrests/

Deltopia 2015 is starting TONIGHT - tomorrow everybody arrives for the daytime street party and tomorrow night may see some madness

Janet Napolitanom, former Secretary of State and current UC President is probably frothing at the mouth hoping the police start another riot or something so they can use it as a training exercise and take more power and control from the community.

This may seem off topic but its all about IV, the party tendency, and touches on the mass murders there. Within 4 miles of IV there have been 22 people killed by mass murderers since 2001. Two went to SB county mental health before killing. They did not receive competent help.

My thread here,

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...al-court-rules

Was moved from "Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies" forum to grassroots, I do not not know why because it represents individual rights violations of 1/3 of the US. The only thing that is grassroots about is that I ask people "Who has a copy of the local court rules of the 9th circuit from 2004?"

What it is about is treatment direct to the unconscious mind. Drug and alcohol addiction as well as extreme violence all originate from behaviors that are rooted in the unconscious mind. Something I've been trying to see done since 1998. The thead is about a 2006 lawsuit that was filed to try and compel the County of SB to follow state health and safety code laws. Local court rules of the US district court were secretly removed.

I've tried to contact ucsb about the treatment, around 2008 I think, because they have a formal program aimed at dealing with substance issues and related behaviors.

http://alcohol.sa.ucsb.edu
    MISSION STATEMENT
    The UCSB Alcohol & Drug Program strives to create a safe, healthy, and learning-conducive environment through the promotion of healthy choices concerning the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. The program emphasizes the elimination of harmful use, high-risk behavior and related violence.

They didn't even reply.

I have no objection to celebration. However, when vital efforts to protect our collective futures are neglected, day after day, year after year, while the party doesn't stop, it escalates until people are dying, reasonably something needs to be done.

I lost a friend last year. Sierra Winkler, she worked at a coffee shop and we would talk why she did dishes. She lead the debate team, studied law and philosophy. One of the best conversationalists on subjects I find it hard to find people versed, in that I've ever found. The cliff got her they say. She was buzzed, and distraught, went for a walk on the cliff edge(?). RIP Sierra!

Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 04-03-2015 at 05:25 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post

I have no objection to celebration. However, when vital efforts to protect our collective futures are neglected, day after day, year after year, while the party doesn't stop, it escalates until people are dying, reasonably something needs to be done.

I lost a friend last year. Sierra Winkler, she worked at a coffee shop and we would talk why she did dishes. She lead the debate team, studied law and philosophy. One of the best conversationalists on subjects I find it hard to find people versed, in that I've ever found. The cliff got her they say. She was buzzed, and distraught, went for a walk on the cliff edge(?). RIP Sierra!

"Something needs to be done".. Well I hope you don't mean they need to add more cops and shut down more parties, because as I posted above I believe that may be in fact how she died. If you read the article that was written by the publication from Sierra's home town of Santa Rosa, her friends said that when she left them, she was looking for a restroom. Since IV has been less inclusive in recent years it's more difficult for party goers to find indoor restrooms (when I lived there, open parties were the norm and people looked out for each other and we had very little problems). She seemed to be an outdoor kinda girl, maybe you can verify that. Anyway, I think she probably hopped a fence to one of the open balconies near by and may have used the restroom above the cliffs, squat down camping style.

In the story, her friends said that after she left, the cops came to break up the party. If she was using the restroom on the cliffs, she was breaking the law. As she was also intoxiated, she would have been breaking the law twice. Being caught could have potentially meant financial distress and having to drop out of school. I think a good theory as to what happened, based on my experiences there is that she saw the cops coming to break up the party and tried to hide from them by going further down the cliff, slipped and fell.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, maybe she left her friends, wandered and fell off the cliff a block away.. but I think what I have is a good working theory based on the timelines of events. Her friends waited around and looked for her for a long time, and she wasn't so drunk that she wouldn't have been aware of her surroundings.

In 2001, a kid whose dad was famous in Hollywood ran over a bunch of kids in the street mid-day. I believe he had been on medications including SSRIs. In 2013, Elliot Rodgers, also the son of a major Hollywood family drove around and killed a bunch of people because he couldn't get any attention from girls and lose his virginity. Elliot Rodgers did not 'party', drink heavily and never once used cannabis to my knowledge. He was on prescription drugs and had taken SSRIs.

Elliot was being HEAVILY monitored by multiple psychiatrists.

I guess my point is, the problem is not the parties in Isla Vista. Those were the best years of my life as well as hundreds of thousands of others... police tyranny in that town has only exacerbated the violence and the problems that occur there. They encourage students to have closed parties because of the alcohol ordinance cops selectively shut down pretty much any party they want.. but it's more difficult for them to shut down a closed party than an open one. The problems seem to be SSRI medications - almost every mass killer is or has been on these substances. For some people they report extremely violent imagery on these medications. Are they really safe?

The other problem is police tyranny.

The problem is not parties. The problem is not freedom.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-03-2015 at 06:01 PM.

"Something needs to be done".. Well I hope you don't mean they need to add more cops and shut down more parties, because as I posted above I believe that may be in fact how she died. If you read the article that was written by the publication from Sierra's home town of Santa Rosa, her friends said that when she left them, she was looking for a restroom. Since IV has been less inclusive in recent years it's more difficult for party goers to find indoor restrooms (when I lived there, open parties were the norm and people looked out for each other and we had very little problems). She seemed to be an outdoor kinda girl, maybe you can verify that. Anyway, I think she probably hopped a fence to one of the open balconies near by and may have used the restroom above the cliffs, squat down camping style.

In the story, her friends said that after she left, the cops came to break up the party. If she was using the restroom on the cliffs, she was breaking the law. As she was also intoxiated, she would have been breaking the law twice. Being caught could have potentially meant financial distress and having to drop out of school. I think a good theory as to what happened, based on my experiences there is that she saw the cops coming to break up the party and tried to hide from them by going further down the cliff, slipped and fell.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, maybe she left her friends, wandered and fell off the cliff a block away.. but I think what I have is a good working theory based on the timelines of events. Her friends waited around and looked for her for a long time, and she wasn't so drunk that she wouldn't have been aware of her surroundings.
    First time I'd read any of those things coming from Santa Rosa.

I read many reports here last summer and what I learned is she left her own house, drunk, after an argument with a housemate. Her shoes and phone were found off the ramp to the beach against an apartment building adjacent to the ramp.
    Her neck was broken. An officer with the sheriffs DEPT. wouldn't release the the cause of death for about 5 months as he suspected foul play. Her mom says no. She fell and broke her neck.

In 2001, a kid whose dad was famous in Hollywood ran over a bunch of kids in the street mid-day. I believe he had been on medications including SSRIs. In 2013, Elliot Rodgers, also the son of a major Hollywood family drove around and killed a bunch of people because he couldn't get any attention from girls and lose his virginity. Elliot Rodgers did not 'party', drink heavily and never once used cannabis to my knowledge. He was on prescription drugs and had taken SSRIs.

Elliot was being HEAVILY monitored by multiple psychiatrists.

I guess my point is, the problem is not the parties in Isla Vista. Those were the best years of my life as well as hundreds of thousands of others... police tyranny in that town has only exacerbated the violence and the problems that occur there. They encourage students to have closed parties because of the alcohol ordinance cops selectively shut down pretty much any party they want.. but it's more difficult for them to shut down a closed party than an open one. The problems seem to be SSRI medications - almost every mass killer is or has been on these substances. For some people they report extremely violent imagery on these medications. Are they really safe?

The other problem is police tyranny.

The problem is not parties. The problem is not freedom.
    Agreed. The problem from my perspective is apathy regarding unconstitutional courts, judges and unlawful government. They breed police tyranny.

My post was about addressing the apathy primarily. About addressing the preoccupation with escaping a vital challenge in life that we can only do together. About addressing the tendency of taking the easy path that corporations and government have laid out and pave for us with self destructive behaviors to indulge in. It leads to extinction ultimately, and degrees of suffering with great dissatisfaction sooner or later.

With constitutional courts that provide justice LOTS OF TYRANNICAL COPS can be dealt with. The good ones will love it. I've talked to a few. Every time we take the easy way out, turn our back on justice, they move closer to embracing the tyranny they do not want to associate with, but must as a part of the paycheck.

Rodgers and Attias shared daddy's with common occupation in the film industry. Both productions were edgy in ways that reek of slightly dark influences. Most partying at the deltopia were raised on TV. Few people know that semiotics was used to influence the unconscious minds of audiences throughout their childhood. The focus is easily seen as absent of having true social responsibility, or better, ways to effect society, from their agendas.

The purpose of free speech is abridged, so there is almost no way to have any influence that can significantly compete or overcome that shared by big media, UNLESS, individuals aware of these things share them. The reason is that each participant in the party, realizes in their unconscious that they are working to escape, that they are neglecting very important things, but can find no way to focus upon those things as a group and TRULY have good reason to celebrate.

First time I'd read any of those things coming from Santa Rosa.

I read many reports here last summer and what I learned is she left her own house, drunk, after an argument with a housemate. Her shoes and phone were found off the ramp to the beach against an apartment building adjacent to the ramp.
    Her neck was broken. An officer with the sheriffs DEPT. wouldn't release the the cause of death for about 5 months as he suspected foul play. Her mom says no. She fell and broke her neck.
    You're right, I was referring to Giselle Ayala from the year before.. I never connected Sierra to partying so much even though she was drunk, and since you were attacking the partying atmosphere I my brain shot to Giselle..but to be fair you were also attacking substance abuse in the same post.

The thing about Sierra is nobody really knows what happened.. she was drunk and they don't even know if she fell of the cliff - in fact the 'experts' said she didn't fall off the cliff and her parents refused to believe it and said that she did... So what happened? I know Elliot Rodger's stunt was a couple weeks later, and I'm pretty sure he didn't want to go out a virgin and honestly when that whole thing went down I was wondering if he was involved with this cuz she was his type...but ya I really hope not..

The rest of your post is pretty interesting to read, I may have some more to say about it at a later time..

You're right, I was referring to Giselle Ayala from the year before.. I never connected Sierra to partying so much even though she was drunk, and since you were attacking the partying atmosphere I my brain shot to Giselle..but to be fair you were also attacking substance abuse in the same post.

The thing about Sierra is nobody really knows what happened.. she was drunk and they don't even know if she fell of the cliff - in fact the 'experts' said she didn't fall off the cliff and her parents refused to believe it and said that she did... So what happened? I know Elliot Rodger's stunt was a couple weeks later, and I'm pretty sure he didn't want to go out a virgin and honestly when that whole thing went down I was wondering if he was involved with this cuz she was his type...but ya I really hope not..

The rest of your post is pretty interesting to read, I may have some more to say about it at a later time..
    Yea, the same thing ran through my mind about Rodgers when the timing became apparent. I might find out more.

Actually the party doesn't bother me, it's the absence of functional activism or the willingness to find out the difference that gets me. Of course a percentage of the partiers end up with substance problems from the life style, and there's no good treatment for recovery. Couple that with the 22 mass murders all within 4 miles and the neglect to functional activism drenched in inebriated perpetual party gets to looking quite dysfunctional.

BTW, about 6 months after the federal lawsuit in 2006 the largest mass murder by a woman in US history occurred at a post office 1/2 mile from IV. Not 4 months after Rodgers spree, a man not 3 miles from me and about 4 from IV stabbed, his 2 sons, his parents, and the family dog to death.

IV, party on, but there is some very meaningful activism right on your doorstep.

Yea, the same thing ran through my mind about Rodgers when the timing became apparent. I might find out more.

Actually the party doesn't bother me, it's the absence of functional activism or the willingness to find out the difference that gets me. Of course a percentage of the partiers end up with substance problems from the life style, and there's no good treatment for recovery. Couple that with the 22 mass murders all within 4 miles and the neglect to functional activism drenched in inebriated perpetual party gets to looking quite dysfunctional.

BTW, about 6 months after the federal lawsuit in 2006 the largest mass murder by a woman in US history occurred at a post office 1/2 mile from IV. Not 4 months after Rodgers spree, a man not 3 miles from me and about 4 from IV stabbed, his 2 sons, his parents, and the family dog to death.

IV, party on, but there is some very meaningful activism right on your doorstep.
    I actually thought ripping out the STOP signs was pretty clever.

I actually thought ripping out the STOP signs was pretty clever.
    Makes a statement rejecting authority.

It would be better if they organized groups of 100 around four well spaced intersections using stop signs to make a message.

Applying that message of Stop violating the constitution! WE, as the people know that constitutions intent. Prime principles are abridged and we are assembled to notify law enforcement how wrong that is, getting destructive to unalienable rights meaning that we have to blow off steam so don't piss us off because we actually know what we are doing!

If they knew that and acted on it by having a follow event at the park to assert themselves away from the scene that LE wants to control, about the forms of control imposed, then that would help a great deal.

But it's about partying and not activism for rights, and it never is. Too much division on perceptions of what problems are real, why they exist and what to do about them.

What to do is basically conduct a neutral universal agreement, which also empowers, upon the ultimate purpose of free and that it is abridged logically making the act of alter or abolish necessary.
    Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 04-04-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Makes a statement rejecting authority.

It would be better if they organized groups of 100 around four well spaced intersections using stop signs to make a message.

Applying that message of Stop violating the constitution! WE, as the people know that constitutions intent. Prime principles are abridged and we are assembled to notify law enforcement how wrong that is, getting destructive to unalienable rights meaning that we have to blow off steam so don't piss us off because we actually know what we are doing!
    The intent is there to a large extent, the linguistics may be lacking a bit

The intent is there to a large extent, the linguistics may be lacking a bit
    Which is something I agree with. I know that many are aware of the destruction of unalienable rights, many have given up on defense of them because effective methods are lacking. Effective requires accurate perception, of exactly how to oppose and what to oppose.

To be coherent, a separate event BEFORE Deltopia is needed to show some responsibility by the central groups to at least make an effort to show there is an effort to define and stay within limits. Those limits can change with numbers and motivation. But that has to be acted out purposefully. The event establishes that purpose which embodies the Deltopia intent with reason and personal responsibility.

Not consistent with the root motivation at all, but even to gain more freedom as a spontaneous group, probably needed.
    Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 04-04-2015 at 03:49 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.