Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here mountain bike?

Does anyone here mountain bike?

just wondering. ive been doing it since 2006. i love it!! anyway thought id share some vids ive been working on. its highlights/complete rides of the trails ive been doing. im going to redo all of the trails ive ever done and video log them for others who might be interested. some of the first ones are easy and kinda boring, but as time goes ill get around to redoing some of the harder ones.

enjoy!!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A good friend of mine does this;

Nice vids. After an accident mountain biking down Santa Cruz noless, I gave it up. I think it's of the the more dangerous activities. Rather be cutting through fresh powder instead. Once I can afford to do rally driving, I'll head back to the mountains.

My wife and I just bought some bikes. I'm waiting for mine to show up. Had to order it because I'm so tall. I haven't ridden a bike in 15 years probably. I used to ride in local rallies when I was a teenager.

I do. It's more like xc biking with hills and some drops.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This looks fun. Try some jumps.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-14-2014 at 11:40 PM.

My wife and I *own* mountain bikes but I've found that I ride it a lot less since becoming old and fat.

About twenty years ago my brother and I were really into doing that for one summer. It was fun. I got hurt a few times but always got up and kept riding.

Come to think of it I should teach our puppy how to run alongside my mountain bike that would be good exercise for both of us!
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    This looks fun. Try some jumps.
    will be doing them soon. i cant wait.

I occasionally go riding on Chilhowee Mountain in Ocoee,TN, near where I live and which is only about an 1 1/2 hours from Rome. You can ride across the paved two lane road across the mountain for miles and ride the hiking/biking trail to Benton Falls while you're up there. It's a nice waterfall especially in the Spring. The trail is about 1 1/2 miles is downhill for the most part so the ride back isn't much fun but it's not too bad. It would make for a nice trail to video.
    I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried that to be hypochriticalley immortalized.
    Davy Crockett

Look up, get up, and don't ever give up.
    Michael Irvin

Know of any good mountain bikes that are less than $500?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

ive rode some of that. ill film it to when i gt back that way. im from blue ridge btw. only been in rome for last 3 yrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_VOL View Post
    I occasionally go riding on Chilhowee Mountain in Ocoee,TN, near where I live and which is only about an 1 1/2 hours from Rome. You can ride across the paved two lane road across the mountain for miles and ride the hiking/biking trail to Benton Falls while you're up there. It's a nice waterfall especially in the Spring. The trail is about 1 1/2 miles is downhill for the most part so the ride back isn't much fun but it's not too bad. It would make for a nice trail to video.

not good ones no. maybe used is the way to go in this price range. ill never spend below $500 again. beyond $800 in kinda the wasteful line imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Know of any good mountain bikes that are less than $500?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who the heck one starred satchelmcqueens thread? This looks like fun stuff.

I'll see what I can do to level it out.

Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 07-20-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Yup, I ride all the time. Here is a video of the places I tend to ride at. I am considering doing this race as well. The race that it was modeled after was called the big bang it was in the same place just a different route. I raced it and I started in a class above what I was supposed to and did two 13 mile laps and I think my average speed according to one official was 11 mph and I finished in just over the 3 hour mark. Its not groomed trail's either there are very tough technical sections. There is a lot of room for improvement since the pros started and finished before me.

Freetown 50 Course Preview
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 07-19-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Yup, I ride all the time. Here is a video of the places I tend to ride at. I am considering doing this race as well. The race that it was modeled after was called the big bang it was in the same place just a different route. I raced it and I started in a class above what I was supposed to and did two 13 mile laps and I think my average speed according to one official was 11 mph and I finished in just over the 3 hour mark. Its not groomed trail's either there are very tough technical sections. There is a lot of room for improvement since the pros started and finished before me.

Freetown 50 Course Preview
    nice vid man! yep a lot of mine so far ive put up are really easy. the ones i am dying to redo will be coming soon as they are north of me about 50-70 miles where i used to live. i gotta squeeze in the time to have some weekends to get them recorded. they will be just break neck rough mountain rails. real trails, unlike what ive shown so far.

Those video's are not mine but I hope to record some awesome stuff in the future.

The race where I live just recently happened here are the highlights. I did not attend, I am in no way in good enough shape to do it.

http://dirtwire.tv/2014/09/freetown-50-highlights/

I also found this video, mountain biker or ninja ? you tell me.

Danny Macaskill: The Ridge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ever crash yer bike, satchel? Like you run over a log or something that was in the weeds and you didn't see it? I tried to jump a creek when I was a lil feller and my front wheel came off. The nuts must have been loose(nd). That was a hoot.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-09-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Ever crash yer bike, satchel? Like you run over a log or something that was in the weeds and you didn't see it? I tried to jump a creek when I was a lil feller and my front wheel came off. The nuts must have been loose(nd). That was a hoot.
    only when i was a kid did i wreck. last time i was 17. jumped off a 4 foot ramp i made and went straight up and landed hard on both wheels with zero forward movement. almost broke both wrists!

so far since ive been doing this again starting in 2007, ive yet to wreck, but ive came so close on some of those fast downhills. loose gravel and fast turns are the worst. in the woods, its not that bad no matter how fast. its the gravel thats the worst.it felt loose 3 times on the downhill at house of dreams i posted. was going about 30mph. lol

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    only when i was a kid did i wreck. last time i was 17. jumped off a 4 foot ramp i made and went straight up and landed hard on both wheels with zero forward movement. almost broke both wrists!

so far since ive been doing this again starting in 2007, ive yet to wreck, but ive came so close on some of those fast downhills. loose gravel and fast turns are the worst. in the woods, its not that bad no matter how fast. its the gravel thats the worst.it felt loose 3 times on the downhill at house of dreams i posted. was going about 30mph. lol
    Hm. Lucky you didn't crunch the fellers on that landing too. I've done that. Heh.

I like those mountain bike videos you do. They're pretty good. It makes me want to try it. I usually pop them open on full screen. It is pretty fun riding a bike. Especially that way, I'd imagine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast