Thread: Ozarks firearms mfgr. thumbs nose at NY gun laws

Ozarks firearms mfgr. thumbs nose at NY gun laws

Missouri gun company to sell 'New York-compliant' AR-15 rifle

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/05...t-ar-15-rifle/

A Missouri gun manufacturer says it plans to release a "New York Compliant" AR-15 rifle in response to tough gun control measure passed by New York lawmakers last year banning the sale of assault weapons in the state.

The company, Black Rain Ordnance, said the rifle would eliminate features that were made illegal under the SAFE Act. The gun will not have a pistol grip and will include a non-threaded muzzle and a 10-round low-capacity approved magazine.

"With the continual trampling of the 2nd Amendment in New York, Black Rain Ordnance is proud to announce their 'New York Compliant' rifles," the company said on its website. "These rifles feature all of the quality and craftsmanship of the standard BRO-lines, but with the added features that allow for legal possession."

The Journal News reported that Just Right Carbines, a New York-based gun manufacture, has been producing a carbine rifle since August that complies with the SAFE Act. The grip was modified to comply with the law.

"Everybody is doing basically the same thing, which is basically adopting a stock that was originally produced for the California market and basically adopting that stock for the New York market," Testa told Gannett's Albany Bureau.

Testa added that the company has sold about 100 of the weapons since August. State police have not said that the modified weapon is non-complaint, according to the report.

Supporters and opponents of the law held dueling rallies in Albany on Tuesday, with Donald Trump and Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino declaring that the law prohibiting the sale of some popular guns like the AR-15 goes too far and should be scrapped.

The law bans the sale of some semi-automatic firearms and requires those who already own one to register them by April 15. It also bans high-capacity magazines, requires federal background checks on private gun sales and imposes felony penalties for illegal gun possession.

The new gun control proposals announced Tuesday include requiring gun owners to use gun safes or trigger locks when storing a gun, a 10-day waiting period before a buyer can take possession of a gun, and a rule that would prohibit anyone from buying more than one handgun a month.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but IMHO , this is proof that laws create ugly.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 04-05-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Beauty is in theeye of the beholder, but IMHO , this is proof thatlaws create ugly.
    I'm glad I dont have to purchase such a firearm, but all things considered, I think that it looks beautiful. It certainly wont look any safer to the bloomberg bed wetters. Plus, you can keep it in a hall closet, muzzle up, and it resembles a dyson.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Beauty is in theeye of the beholder, but IMHO , this is proof thatlaws create ugly.
    I'd rather use the ones I have than trade in for one of those. Still, good on 'em for adapting to the market.

I kinda want one...
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
    - James Madison

I was hoping, from the title, that they were doing something like smuggling non-compliant guns into NY, selling them out of the backs of cars without background checks.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I'm glad I dont have to purchase such a firearm, but all things considered, I think that it looks beautiful. It certainly wont look any safer to the bloomberg bed wetters. Plus, you can keep it in a hall closet, muzzle up, and it resembles a dyson.
    It needs to be pink w/ a "hello kitty" sticker on it.

-t

Fixing the New York stupid on one of those would take less than 5 minutes...Maybe 10 minutes simply to find the allen wrench to remove the pistol grip stock abomination. The easiest way to get around this if you live in New York and buy the rifle is just swap out the parts after you've bought it. Screw their dumb laws. I would break that law and advocate every New Yorker do it themselves. While you are it buy your 30 round mags as "parts kits" online and then simply assemble them.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I was hoping, from the title, that they were doing something like smuggling non-compliant guns into NY, selling them out of the backs of cars without background checks.
    Yep - something resembling real defiance.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

A somewhat less ugly option is on the way also...Ares SCR

Accepts standard AR uppers and a special BCG and buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    A somewhat less ugly option is on the way also...Ares SCR

Accepts standard AR uppers and a special BCG and buffer.
    is that a sub 16" barrel upper? aka an SBR?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.