Thread: Why Does John Boehner Want to Keep 40 Million Americans From Buying Guns?

Why Does John Boehner Want to Keep 40 Million Americans From Buying Guns?

http://news.yahoo.com/why-does-john-...193629143.html

Reacting to the shooting at Fort Hood on Wednesday, House Speaker John Boehner reiterated a popular NRA talking point: "There’s no question that those with mental health issues should be prevented from owning weapons or being able to purchase weapons." Those suffering the same diagnosed illnesses as the shooter — depression and anxiety — might be surprised by Boehner's willingness to take away their Second Amendment rights.
    [...]
    An estimated one-in-10 Americans suffers from depression, according to the Centers for Disease Control. That's about 31 million people, skewed told older people and women. The National Institutes of Health puts those suffering from "major depressive disorder" at the lower figure of 14.8 million. As for anxiety? The NIH says that 40 million Americans suffer from that.

Even if Lopez had been diagnosed with PTSD, that's still sweeping up 7.7 million Americans — 2.5 percent of the country. Who John Boehner, it seems, doesn't think should be allowed to have a gun.

That's almost certainly not actually what he believes. His comments, as The Hill's Russell Berman reports, came in the middle of an event at the Capitol. After saying there was "no question" that people with mental illness shouldn't be allowed to buy or own guns, he went on: "we need to continue to look at to find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them."
    [...]
    This is the problem with using mental health as the screen for gun ownership: for many of those who commit acts of random violence, those acts are the first manifestations of more serious mental health issues. And, furthermore, as the millions of depressed and anxious Americans can attest, only a tiny, tiny percentage of those with mental illness — mild or strong — would ever commit such acts.

But if Boehner is willing, at last, to support dramatic gun control efforts, there are almost certainly people on the other side of the aisle who'd be happy to work with him.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    screw the NRA and Boehner. Two compromisers on gun rights.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

How about we go after the doctors and Big pHARMa for the pills that are making these people have mental health issue? But Boehner (pronounced: Boner) wouldn't go there because I am sure Big pHARMa has paid him enough graft to stay away from that reality!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I read yesterday that a full 1/3 of our military is on meds..............

These rcket surgens need to read "The Myth for Mental Illness" by Thomas Szasz. Work of genius. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_M...Mental_Illness

What if such laws were to explicitly exempt generalized cases of depression (e.g., I feel depressed, am lacking energy, am lachrymose, etc?)

And as to PTSD I think the far greater concern is why or what is causing 7.7-million Americans to endure it and how do we need to do to put an end to it? (However, personally, I do not believe PTSD in itself is an issue that should concern gun ownership one way or the other.)

For myself, I undoubted agree that the criminally insane, delusional schizophrenics, serious habitual offenders, etc., do not need free access to weapons of any kind, let alone firearms.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I find it nuts that the alleged shooter was on so many different types of mind/mood altering drugs, yet the Doctors aka "Pushers" had not even diagnosed him with a mental disorder yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I find it nuts that the alleged shooter was on so many different types of mind/mood altering drugs, yet the Doctors aka "Pushers" had not even diagnosed him with a mental disorder yet.
    The other odd thing is the guy was deployed for only four months. Normal Army deployments are for one year. He wasn't wounded, so the only two possibilities are that he did something to get yanked back to the US too soon. or was a replacement for someone else who was wounded / killed and the unit rotated back. There has to be more to the story here.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When my sons CO told him his step dad had passed away Thursday the first question was , "do you want any medication?" He declined.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    When my sons CO told him his step dad had passed away Thursday the first question was , "do you want any medication?" He declined.
    Sad, very sad. He needs hugs not drugs.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Does not surprise me at all.

I told you that the GOP would be pushing this angle of Gun Control.

This is why I opposed another,, that wanted to tie the "Mental Health" Industry to Gun Control.

And this goes far beyond Guns,, though that is the first and obvious danger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic..._of_psychiatry
    Political abuse of psychiatry is the misuse of psychiatric diagnosis, detention and treatment for the purposes of obstructing the fundamental human rights of certain groups and individuals in a society.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-08-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    These rcket surgens need to read "The Myth for Mental Illness" by Thomas Szasz. Work of genius. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_M...Mental_Illness
    Thank you..

online here
    http://www.cyc-net.org/cyc-online/cy...alillness.html

And more by the same author (Curiosity made me look)
    http://www.szasz.com/
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-08-2014 at 06:31 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Not just pain meds but SSRIs.

Shouldn't be surprising since they send them off to fight unwinnable wars for multiple tours (they didn't even make the Vietnam soldiers suffer through multiple tours!) and they come back with PTSD (aka shell shock). So they put them on depression meds and then tell them they can't own guns.

Gun over in the middle east, ok.
    Gun over here? No.

We train them to be killing machines and then once they serve our country they have the AUDACITY to take away their RIGHT to own a gun?

OUTLAW SSRI's INSTEAD!!!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post

OUTLAW SSRI's INSTEAD!!!
    Although I'm no fan of SSRI's I'd much rather see drug laws eliminated right along with unconstitutional war...

People can make up their own minds about drugs...

War and the methodology to institute it is clearly proscribed in the constitution.....

If it comes down to a soldier either being outlawed against owning a gun or taking a pill - well one is a right, the other is not.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    If it comes down to a soldier either being outlawed against owning a gun or taking a pill - well one is a right, the other is not.
    Everyone should be able to freely own firearms, not just soldiers...

It's not drugs or guns that's the problem, it's an overbearing government that wants to control both...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone should be able to freely own firearms, not just soldiers...

It's not drugs or guns that's the problem, it's an overbearing government that wants to control both...
    Soldiers aren't even allowed to carry a gun on their bases. Here they are allegedly fighting for "our freedoms," and they have no freedom while working for government.

Big pHARMa and government work together in unison.

All of the military (including the "home front" military AKA "police") should be disarmed.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Soldiers aren't even allowed to carry a gun on their bases. Here they are allegedly fighting for "our freedoms," and they have no freedom while working for government.

Big pHARMa and government work together in unison.
    Should people who agree to murder people for the government have freedom? Why should they?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Q: Why does Boehner support banning guns for 40 million Americans.

A: It's a step in the right direction.

I just pray he is gone... The Obama back door man (probably more ways than one) needs to be out of our lives asap ..

Why does John Boehner want to keep 40 million Americans from buying guns?
    I'm filing this under "Questions That Answer Themselves" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Lets be clear here.

Boners suggested solutions will only deprive law abiding citizens of their Right to Bear Arms, it will NOT do anything to disarm liquor store robbers, gang bangers, and the plethora of thuggery we have roaming the streets. Govt has an amazing power. With the flip of a pen, they can turn any law abiding citizen into a criminal with no actual action done by the citizen themselves.

WE are the enemy, to be harvested, manipulated, controlled, and squandered into oblivion. There can be no other reason but Domination that any Govt would willingly deprive a nation of soverign citizens of their Right to defend themselves from their Govt.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.