Thread: Ron Paul addresses hundreds about liberty and government at SU

Cool Ron Paul addresses hundreds about liberty and government at SU

Ron Paul addresses hundreds about liberty and government at SU
    By: Ashley Biviano, Managing Editor
    Published: March 28th, 2014
    http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2...ernment-at-SU/

Here are some quotes from the nice, long article.

SYRACUSE – Former presidential candidate and US Representative from Texas, Ron Paul, delivered a speech to hundreds at Syracuse University’s Hendricks Chapel on Wednesday night to discuss freedom, the National Security Agency (NSA), the Federal Reserve, and the role of government as a whole.

Seats in the chapel were full and the event was sponsored by SU’s College Republican club.

Paul, who ran for president on the Republican ticket as recently as 2012 said, “The Republicans say it’s Obama’s fault, the Democrats say it’s Bush’s fault.” Paul said that while some say there needs to be more bipartisanship, it is the bipartisanship that is destructive to the country’s liberty.

“The government raises the taxes and spends more money, and then more money is just printed,” said Paul. “It’s not working now and it’s going to work less and less.”

According to Paul, issues facing Americans today are not just social freedoms or religious freedoms, as he said they are all one thing. “The system is deeply flawed. It has been slipping for 100 years.”

With regard to the NSA, he said it should be stopped as soon as possible. "The only good news is that the evidence of the spying is out there," said Paul. He commended whistleblowers such as Edward Snowden, and the crowd responded with nearly unanimous applause.
    Here is what audience members said.

When a member of the audience asked Paul a lengthy question regarding taxation and the US Constitution, Paul responded with brevity saying only, “That’s easy. Get rid of income tax.” The crowd responded with nearly uniform applause.

“I drove three hours from Albany to listen to Ron Paul,” said 24 year-old Alexander Portelli. “I’m a small business owner who loves liberty. I grew up in New York and everything he has said has been on point. He is articulate and honest, follows his principles, and is the reason I became involved in politics.”

Said Portelli, “I see other places following liberty, like New Hampshire, and the Free State Project, and it inspires me even more. There is a reason so many people look up to Ron Paul, and it can’t be ignored."

Conner Dunleavy, 19, of Albany also took the drive to hear Paul’s speech. “I had a great time, this is the first time I’ve seen him in person, but he’s inspired me since 2010.”

“I used to be a neo-conservative, but am now a full-blown anarcho-capitalist. I’m a member of Young Americans for Liberty, and hearing him speak was just another jolt of energy and inspiration. I’m ready to fight for liberty even more,” said Dunleavy.
    Notice the shout outs to the Free State Project and Young Americans for Liberty 2 organizations Ron Paul has endorsed.
    http://freestateproject.org/
    http://www.yaliberty.org/

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did anyone attend this event?

Here is an article about it was 11 photos and video coverage.

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul gives speech at Syracuse University
    By syracuse.com | The Post-Standard
    on March 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM, updated March 26, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...niversity.html
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Ron Paul has upcoming events scheduled in CA, TX and NY.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...pdated-3-31-14

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Did anyone attend this event?
    Yes, motivating as always. We drove up from Buffalo. Haven't seen the Doctor since the beach party in Tampa.

He talked a bit concerning propaganda and how to deal with it.

He quoted Sam Adams.

Interesting part on how certain people rise to the top in the political arena and why he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tony m View Post
    Yes, motivating as always. We drove up from Buffalo. Haven't seen the Doctor since the beach party in Tampa.

He talked a bit concerning propaganda and how to deal with it.

He quoted Sam Adams.

Interesting part on how certain people rise to the top in the political arena and why he didn't.
    Awesome! Great to read your story! Keep it up!

I hope he comes to Kentucky for Rand soon. I would love to meet him!!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!