Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you make it to heaven or when, what would your paradise look like?

If you make it to heaven or when, what would your paradise look like?

I just thought to make this a fun thread because everyone has their own idea of paradise. What's yours?

I'll go first.

My paradise is filled with nature, streams, flowers and all kinds of animals. I don't believe I'd want a mansion, but rather a cozy little place on a lake where I could play with my critters forever.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-03-2014 at 02:00 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The shire.

Simple. Beautiful. Innocent.

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    I just thought to make this a fun thread because everyone has their own idea of paradise. What's yours?

I'll go first.

My paradise is filled with nature, streams, flowers and all kinds of animals. I don't believe I'd want a mansion, but rather a cozy little place on a lake where I could play with my critters forever.
    Talking, laughing, learning, dancing just being with Jesus. I agree with the animals part Terry! That is one thing that I tell my kids a lot. When Jesus sets up His kingdom on earth, the wolf will lay down with the lamb and a child will play in the nests of snakes. Playing hide and seek with grizzly bears is awfully appealing! LOL
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Seeing Terry1 become a Calvinist.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Seeing Terry1 become a Calvinist.
    Dream on baby.

I need some kind of tech.

So.... I would opt for Steampunk Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    The shire.

That's pretty nice all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Dream on baby.
    Oh, and Sola_Fide becoming a "tolerant calvinist"
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I see it as the peaceful feeling when in prayer but without end. The eternal joy of finding the Lord after years of my disbelief. The ecstasy of forever being reunited with a lover.

All taking place in a Hobbit shire of course

I've heard unrelated cases of people who have either had in death experiences being shown heaven or people that have been selected to spiritually be swept into heaven and they all pretty much say they saw the very same things and experienced them. Singing flowers, colors so bright and vivid that are non existent in the earth, all creation in it's perfect form without decay or corruption and all able to commune with each other in harmony.

People singing, dancing and worshiping God. Mansion after mansion surrounded with nature and beauty beyond our dreams and expectations. Unexplainable beauty, peace and perfect love.

Almost all who've been granted a spiritual journey to heaven all come back telling the same story about seeing their friends, relatives and loved ones. I don't believe in conicidences--

I think Jesus just gave them some of that Hobbit Weed.

Keep the mansions, just give me two trees to tie a hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Keep the mansions, just give me two trees to tie a hammock.
    Okay I'll take the mansions.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Okay I'll take the mansions.
    Just share some of your hobbit weed and we're cool.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Books, Beer, Bud and a Beach

If Heaven is what I can imagine it to be then I'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    If Heaven is what I can imagine it to be then I'll be disappointed.
    Personally, I'm waiting on that # 10 body.

I look around here and I see things of beauty that God has made, which are spectacular, and I am sure that Heaven will be 10 times as spectacular--especially knowing that Satan won't be roaming around.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

To me heaven would be the ability to create and explore . I have no evidence to back my opinion, but i think whatever we can imagine is possible. I also feel that God didn't create this whole universe just to have us stuck in 1 spot. I think God intends for us to be as Gods, not equal with him mind you, but with the ability to create whatever we can imagine. That imagination would have no limit. If i wanted to create my own world it will be possible.

I'll be spending a lot of time conversing with my daughter as she feeds herself.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    The shire.

Simple. Beautiful. Innocent.

Wow, that's great. Add this to it and it would be perfect for me. That, and seeing all the people and animals I love and miss who have gone before me.

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

47 virgins.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    47 virgins.
    It wouldn't be heaven if you have to do math. There should just be enough.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Paradise would look different every day. I would wake up, and there'd be a new "day" waiting, and it'd be filled with good things. One day I might wake up in a hammock to a warm beach with a cool breeze and gentle waves rolling in against a pale beach. When I am done enjoying it for a time, I would return to the hammock, close my eyes, experience a sweet and restful nap, then wake up in a bed near a fire in a log cabin surrounded by the snows of mid-winter, and so on. Something new and amazing to do each day, and no reason to complain; just innocent enjoyment. (Note: God invented sex. I don't consider that uninnocent so long as it's with the proper person in the correct scenario.)

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    especially knowing that Satan won't be roaming around.
    That is the part that I will enjoy.
    peace without fear.

and exploring the universe on the sub atomic level.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast