Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good News and Joyful Noise

Good News and Joyful Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Luke 9
    54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

Note to mods--Anyone arguing with anyone about anything at all is hijacking this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isaiah 61:1-3
    King James Version (KJV)
    61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
    2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
    3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
    Luke 4
    16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
    17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
    18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
    19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
    20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Well, this went over like a lead balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    "Hunt out and talk about the good that is in the other fellow's church, not the bad, and you will do away with all this religious hatred you hear so much of nowadays."--Will Rogers 1923
    Maybe not, Will. Maybe lording it over others is what makes church fun for many. No wonder so many deeply faithful people never darken the doorway of a church...

Well, the news is still good.

He said, “How will we liken the Kingdom of God? Or with what parable will we illustrate it? It’s like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, though it is less than all the seeds that are on the earth, yet when it is sown, grows up, and becomes greater than all the herbs, and puts out great branches, so that the birds of the sky can lodge under its shadow.”
    — Mark 4:30–32, World English Bible
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Well, this went over like a lead balloon.

Maybe not, Will. Maybe lording it over others is what makes church fun for many. No wonder so many deeply faithful people never darken the doorway of a church...

Well, the news is still good.
    I know I have been extremely distracted and bordering on ditzy lately, ...... I think I must have missed the point to the thread?
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    I know I have been extremely distracted and bordering on ditzy lately, ...... I think I must have missed the point to the thread?
    I thought it had more of a point than all those 'my faith is better than your religion' threads...

Proverbs 23:15 My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice
    Would be nice if Love like that could be heard through the noise.

James 3:13Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. 14But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 15This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. 17But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. 18And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I thought it had more of a point than all those 'my faith is better than your religion' threads...

Would be nice if Love like that could be heard through the noise.

Ro 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
    Ro 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
    Ro 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
    ~ George Washington

Yes. The Son of Man came to save His people. It is the Father who will judge men and condemn them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Yes. The Son of Man came to save His people. It is the Father who will judge men and condemn them.
    Well, you're halfway into the spirit of the thread. The news was good and joyful in the first half of your post.

As usual, your theology tends to contradict gospel...

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    ...but I'm not going to let anyone argue about it in this thread.

Well, you're halfway into the spirit of the thread. The news was good and joyful in the first half of your post.

As usual, your theology tends to contradict gospel...

...but I'm not going to let anyone argue about it in this thread.
    How does any of that disagree with what I said? Do you understand how the persons of the Trinity relate to the economy of salvation? Do you understand how God arranges Himself in the operation of things?

John 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I'd actually hold that Sola's entire post was good news and joyful noise. God uses EVERYTHING for his own good purpose.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I'd actually hold that Sola's entire post was good news and joyful noise. God uses EVERYTHING for his own good purpose.
    Maybe I was just distracted because the second half of the post was arguing with Jesus, as I demonstrated QED.

I was raised to believe if you want to argue with Jesus you lock yourself in your closet as per Matthew 6 and don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. As opposed to doing it in my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalms 26
    2 Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; 3 for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

A king that sitteth in the throne of judgment scattereth away all evil with his eyes.

The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.

There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.

Selected from Proverbs 20

Colossians 3:14 - And above all these things [put on] charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians 4
    29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-17-2014 at 12:42 PM.

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
    The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."
    Numbers 6:24-26

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Pr 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by John 19
    25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. 26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman, here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

Reminds me of one of my old churches. Oh how I miss the singing...

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

~ George Washington

Happy thread is happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
    Life is but an empty dream!—
    For the soul is dead that slumbers,
    And things are not what they seem.

Life is real! Life is earnest!
    And the grave is not its goal;
    "Dust thou art, to dust returnest,"
    Was not spoken of the soul.

Not enjoyment, and not sorrow,
    Is our destined end or way;
    But to act, that each tomorrow
    Find us farther than today.

Art is long, and Time is fleeting,
    And our hearts, though stout and brave,
    Still, like muffled drums, are beating
    Funeral marches to the grave.

In the world's broad field of battle,
    In the bivouac of Life,
    Be not like dumb, driven cattle!
    Be a hero in the strife!

Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant!
    Let the dead Past bury its dead!
    Act—act in the living Present!
    Heart within, and God o'erhead!

Lives of great men all remind us
    We can make our lives sublime,
    And, departing, leave behind us
    Footprints on the sands of time;

Footprints, that perhaps another,
    Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
    A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
    Seeing, shall take heart again.

Let us then, be up and doing,
    With a heart for any fate;
    Still achieving, still pursuing,
    Learn to labor and to wait.

—Henry W. Longfellow

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    BLASPHEMY! (cue roar of thunder)
    God doesn't judge or condemn! The pots were already made for destruction or glory!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

YT ain't working properly toady...hopefully this turns out well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post

Reminds me of one of my old churches. Oh how I miss the singing...
    Me,, I sing like a frog. Scratch that,, it's a disservice to frogs.

I still sing,, but it is more of the joyful Noise.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast