Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reuters: Republican Chris McDaniel Leads Incumbent for U.S. Senate in Mississippi

Reuters: Republican Chris McDaniel Leads Incumbent for U.S. Senate in Mississippi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome news!

McDaniel is our best shot at a Senate seat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    McDaniel is our best shot at a Senate seat this year.
    It would be amazing to get McDaniel, Brannon, and Broun in together. But you are right, McDaniel has the best chance. The chances of all three getting in are slim, sadly.

It would be awesome to finally have a senator in my state that I can actually support.

This is exciting! I don't know too much about him... but his issues page looks solid, he's obviously unafraid to take on the establishment, and he's coming to KY to help out Bevin. Hoping he'll be a solid ally and that he wins!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    This is exciting! I don't know too much about him... but his issues page looks solid, he's obviously unafraid to take on the establishment, and he's coming to KY to help out Bevin. Hoping he'll be a solid ally and that he wins!
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...onathan-strong

“We’ve seen this before. Whether it’s Eisenhower–Taft or Goldwater–Rockefeller or Reagan–Ford — this is a continuation of that fight. I’m a Reaganite. I’m a conservative. I believe in liberty. And like a lot of Mississippians, I’m frustrated. We’re not heading in the right direction,” he says.

“In my soul I believe I’m first and foremost a Jeffersonian. I admire Taft, of course. I admire Goldwater. Reagan, obviously. I’m very interested in Austrian economics, whether it be Hayek or even earlier philosophers like Bastiat — philosophers that value freedom as opposed to statism,” he says .

I've heard he's really good, it looks like the Tea Party won't be "crushed" everywhere.
    Stop believing stupid things

Well, good. Hope he can eek out a win since, like the re-elections of both Sessions and Thornberry in Texas, there are plenty who would just vote for Cochran based on name association and sticking with the status quo. Hopefully McDaniel can garner that support and be an example of the Tea Party not being crushed this fall.

I predict this will be a blowout. Races like these are rarely close. Either the incumbent wins by a lot (Orrin Hatch) or loses by a lot (Richard Lugar). A challenger leading two months before the primary is not good news for the incumbent.

Why isn't there more interest in McDaniel on RPF? Seems like he has a better chance than Brannon, and I think in a lot of these races things are falling into place in the sense that we are figuring out which candidates have a reasonable chance and which ones don't, and should therefore be focusing our resources on supporting those candidates. That will continue through the spring where we start to see which candidates were able to get enough initial momentum going through fundraising/publicity to have a chance and deserve our support versus those who weren't able to get enough momentum going and have campaigns that are fizzling out. The funds supporting the liberty candidates are a lot smaller than the pockets of the companies supporting the RINO's, so we have to be a bit more strategic in choosing our battles or risk being spread to thin and losing everywhere.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger for Paul View Post
    Why isn't there more interest in McDaniel on RPF? Seems like he has a better chance than Brannon, and I think in a lot of these races things are falling into place in the sense that we are figuring out which candidates have a reasonable chance and which ones don't, and should therefore be focusing our resources on supporting those candidates. That will continue through the spring where we start to see which candidates were able to get enough initial momentum going through fundraising/publicity to have a chance and deserve our support versus those who weren't able to get enough momentum going and have campaigns that are fizzling out. The funds supporting the liberty candidates are a lot smaller than the pockets of the companies supporting the RINO's, so we have to be a bit more strategic in choosing our battles or risk being spread to thin and losing everywhere.
    You can't realistically put the same expectation of enthusiasm from folks for every single candidate. Wallets are only so deep and people have other things to do. Same thing with McMillin. People will devote time and energy to whom they want to.

McDaniel was just endorsed by Santorum. Hopefully Santorum just doesn't know anything about him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    McDaniel was just endorsed by Santorum. Hopefully Santorum just doesn't know anything about him.
    Slick political move by Santorum, who dearly wants conservative cred. He still sees himself as a 2016 candidate, and he was attacked in 2012 for some of his prior endorsements.

I don't think much can be read into this, but I fully expect McDaniel to be a Ted Cruz/Mike Lee type which is marginally better than Cochran.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Chism Strategies: McDaniel leads Cochran by 2 points.

McDaniel's numbers have recovered after the initial drop in the wake of the arrests of campaign supporters.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/d...chran/9784881/

Which is a slight shift from the earlier poll-

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/d...aniel/9769101/

But point is McDaniel needs more than Tea Party support- heck, TP shouldn't even be his primary base of support if he's actually serious about winning and the TP is serious about actually making waves on the national level. Because they're a laughingstock right now, especially after McConnell beat back Bevin handily, in the eyes of many who feel the TP has been tamed. Maybe not its message, but most of its candidates have been beaten back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Which is a slight shift from the earlier poll-

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/d...aniel/9769101/

But point is McDaniel needs more than Tea Party support- heck, TP shouldn't even be his primary base of support if he's actually serious about winning and the TP is serious about actually making waves on the national level. Because they're a laughingstock right now, especially after McConnell beat back Bevin handily, in the eyes of many who feel the TP has been tamed. Maybe not its message, but most of its candidates have been beaten back.
    The article I posted actually talks about why that poll isn't valid:

"An earlier poll from Harper Polling showed Cochran with a 5-point lead on McDaniel, but the overall results were clearly more encouraging for the challenger than the incumbent.

The poll is weighted according to the following stats:
    The sample is 92% Caucasian. The initial survey tabulations over sample women and older voters. We adjusted for anticipated turnout of 52% women, votes under age 45 at 21% voters; age 45 to 54 at 20%; voters age 55 to 64 at 23% and voters ages 65+ at 36%. The weighted candidate support total at the top of this page reflects these percentages."

Has Ron endorsed Chris yet? If he hasn't, why not?

A race that close can be subject to vote fraud... and Mississippi is one of the most corrupt states in the union.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Chism Strategies: McDaniel leads Cochran by 2 points.

McDaniel's numbers have recovered after the initial drop in the wake of the arrests of campaign supporters.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/d...chran/9784881/
    Is it just a joke that you have Tom Cotton as one of the candidates that you support?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Is it just a joke that you have Tom Cotton as one of the candidates that you support?
    If I were Michael I would revise my list. I often get lectured as not being pure enough but compared to Michael, Spoa, and some others, who I all really like by the way, I am pretty pure.

I would never put Cotton, Sullivan, Kingston (even though I will vote for him over Perdue), and probably not Shannon on my RPF signature. I wouldn't donate to them. Money and effort is better spent on actual liberty candidates.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    If I were Michael I would revise my list. I often get lectured as not being pure enough but compared to Michael, Spoa, and some others, who I all really like by the way, I am pretty pure.

I would never put Cotton, Sullivan, Kingston (even though I will vote for him over Perdue), and probably not Shannon on my RPF signature. I wouldn't donate to them. Money and effort is better spent on actual liberty candidates.
    Yeah, I could possibly see casting a vote for Cotton as the lesser of two evils, but "supporting" him is certainly an entirely different matter all together. He's really portrayed himself as being "the anti libertarian."

If I lived in Arkansas, I would vote for Cotton. He is much more pro-liberty than Pryor. If I lived in Alaska, I would vote for Sullivan. Although Miller is more libertarian, he is deeply unpopular and his nomination would lead to Begich's re-election. If I lived in Georgia, I would vote for Kingston. He is much more conservative than Perdue. If I lived in Oklahoma, I would vote for Shannon. Although Brogdon is more pro-liberty, he is running a horrible campaign. He is underfunded and getting crushed in the polls. Although Oklahoma has runoff elections, Brogdon could still spoil the election for Shannon. For example, if the primary results are 45% Lankford, 35% Shannon, 19% Brogdon, and 1% Others, Lankford still goes into the runoff with the most name recognition and support. If Brogdon receives little support now, all those resources can go to Shannon. From now on, I will put the best liberty candidate in my signature. If they are running a bad campaign, I will switch my support to the most pro-liberty candidate that can win.
    Last edited by MichaelDavis; 06-01-2014 at 03:04 PM.

If I lived in Arkansas, I would vote for Cotton. He is much more pro-liberty than Pryor. If I lived in Alaska, I would vote for Sullivan. Although Miller is more libertarian, he is deeply unpopular and his nomination would lead to Begich's re-election. If I lived in Georgia, I would vote for Kingston. He is much more conservative than Perdue. If I lived in Iowa, I would vote for Ernst. Although Whitaker is more libertarian, he is doing poorly and basically out of contention. If I lived in Oklahoma, I would vote for Shannon. Although Brogdon is more pro-liberty, he is running a horrible campaign. He is underfunded and getting crushed in the polls. Although Oklahoma has runoff elections, Brogdon could still spoil the election for Shannon. For example, if the primary results are 45% Lankford, 35% Shannon, 19% Brogdon, and 1% Others, Lankford still goes into the runoff with the most name recognition and support. If Brogdon receives little support now, all those resources can go to Shannon. From now on, I will put the best liberty candidate in my signature. If they are running a bad campaign, I will switch my support to the most pro-liberty candidate that can win.
    Ok, I get why you would vote for them. But they aren't the only people having races, that is my point. There are liberty candidates with shots at winning.

Ok, I get why you would vote for them. But they aren't the only people having races, that is my point. There are liberty candidates with shots at winning.
    Who?

Who?
    Lee Bright, Tom McMillin, Igor Birman, Barry Loudermilk, Bob Johnson, Jody Hice, Steve Lonegan, Rod Blum, Paul LePage. These are off the top of my head.

Lee Bright, Tom McMillin, Igor Birman, Barry Loudermilk, Bob Johnson, Jody Hice, Steve Lonegan, Rod Blum, Paul LePage. These are off the top of my head.
    Lee Bright has no chance and the rest are not running for U.S. Senate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast