Thread: Peabody's 2014 State Rep Race (Seat Currently Held by Leah Cole)

Peabody's 2014 State Rep Race (Seat Currently Held by Leah Cole)

You all remember Leah Cole, right? Republican last year who narrowly beat out Beverley Griffin Dunne by 73 votes in a special election for the 12th Essex District seat? Well, that time has come and Cole is running for re-election. But then, Dunne also plans to run again.

I don't know the mood in Peabody and how voters feel about Cole. Given how she just barely won due to a split vote in a three way race, I'm wondering if she'll be able to hold onto the seat. I'm optimistic, though, but then I read this:

Barry Osborne, who is among the city's majority of unenrolled voters and a state employee with the Mass. Bay Commuter Railroad, tells the Salem News he's thinking about running for the seat as an unenrolled or independent candidate.
    And wonder if that would siphon votes away from Cole.

Here's hoping Cole comes out on top again.

http://peabody.patch.com/groups/elec...tate-rep-races

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't paid any attention to her since she won her race. If she's doing good things then the best of luck but she'll need more than that to win twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    You all remember Leah Cole, right? Republican last year who narrowly beat out Beverley Griffin Dunne by 73 votes in a special election for the 12th Essex District seat? Well, that time has come and Cole is running for re-election. But then, Dunne also plans to run again.

I don't know the mood in Peabody and how voters feel about Cole. Given how she just barely won due to a split vote in a three way race, I'm wondering if she'll be able to hold onto the seat. I'm optimistic, though, but then I read this:

And wonder if that would siphon votes away from Cole.

Here's hoping Cole comes out on top again.

http://peabody.patch.com/groups/elec...tate-rep-races
    Why do you think Osborne might siphon more votes from Cole than Dunne? If we're luckly, this will be a repeat of the last election with Cole recieving a plurality of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Why do you think Osborne might siphon more votes from Cole than Dunne? If we're luckly, this will be a repeat of the last election with Cole recieving a plurality of the vote.
    Just using the Va. Governor's race as an example. Weren't people saying that Sarvis' inclusion took potential votes away from Cuccinelli? I mean, if Osborne takes votes away from Dunne, then all the better. Just going off of the recent governor's race.

State worker should be siphoning off dem