Thread: In secret recording, Dick Cheney blasts GOP isolationists

In secret recording, Dick Cheney blasts GOP isolationists

In secret recording, Dick Cheney blasts GOP isolationists, NSA critics, Obama
    'It probably would've allowed us to stop 9/11,' former vice president says of spy program

Dylan Stableford
    April 1, 2014

In a speech at the Republican Jewish Coalition's spring meeting in Las Vegas over the weekend, former Vice President Dick Cheney slammed the "isolationists" within the GOP, defended the National Security Agency spy program and, of course, criticized President Barack Obama.

Cheney's remarks were closed to the press, but audio of the speech obtained by Mother Jones was posted online Tuesday.

"That we have created in the National Security Agency this monster bureaucracy that's reading everybody's mail, listening to everybody's phone calls, infringing upon our civil liberties and civil rights — hogwash," Cheney said at the March 29 event. "It probably would've allowed us to stop 9/11.

Cheney also commented on the crop of possible 2016 candidates, including Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul.

"One of the things that concerns me first about the campaign, that I'm worried about, is what I sense to be an increasing strain of isolationism, if I can put it in those terms, in our own party," Cheney said. "It's not taking over, by any means, but there is without question a body of thought now that's supported by many Republicans and some candidates that the United States can afford to turn its back on [the Middle East].

"The United States' position in [the Middle East] is worse than at any time in my lifetime," Cheney said. "It's reached the point where Israel and Egypt, [the United Arab] Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan are closer to one another — imagine that — than any of them is to us. ... Nobody who's been our friend in the past any longer has any sense of trust in we'll keep our commitments, that we'll be there in a crisis when they need us. On the other hand, none of our adversaries need fear us."

read more:
    http://news.yahoo.com/cheney-adelson...151630354.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like good news for us. The Old Guard is a dying breed. I look at Dick's negative views towards us as a win. They're scared. Wen are winning.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

"It probably would've allowed us to stop 9/11."

Really, because both the NSA and warrantless wiretaps were the norm well before 911, Bush retroactively pardoned himself for the warrantless wiretaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    "It probably would've allowed us to stop 9/11."

Really, because both the NSA and warrantless wiretaps were the norm well before 911, Bush retroactively pardoned himself for the warrantless wiretaps.
    citation?

Neocons gonna neocon.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Stop criticizing Obama, neocons, just admit you generally agree with him.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Amen. And when will the general public finally recognize it? Ever?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Not if they get their information from the mainstream media. Exposing true neoconservatives and their leftist agenda is verboten.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    'It probably would've allowed us to stop 9/11,' former vice president says of spy program
    Cheney said this in secret? I thought Bush and his administration were behind it all!

Dick 'war is profit' Cheney.

Darth Cheney said:

"The United States' position in [the Middle East] is worse than at any time in my lifetime," Cheney said. "It's reached the point where Israel and Egypt, [the United Arab] Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan are closer to one another — imagine that — than any of them is to us. ... Nobody who's been our friend in the past any longer has any sense of trust in we'll keep our commitments, that we'll be there in a crisis when they need us. On the other hand, none of our adversaries need fear us."
    The fool doesn't even realize he played a big role in all of this.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Cheney said this in secret? I thought Bush and his administration were behind it all!
    There's a big difference between away from the camera and microphones and secrete. He just said in away from the microphones and cameras not exactly what i consider to be "in secrete"

Cheney is a low life tax tick, who uses fear to justify his parasitic career.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Well, the general public hears McCain, Graham, and others attacking Obama for at least having some restraint when it comes to foreign policy. And the public sympathizes with Obama because they'd prefer his foreign policy to the more extreme views the GOP leadership has to offer. The Democrats are thus able to retain millions of Antiwar voters, because the other guys are worse. If the GOP nominates Paul then the Democrats have to answer for their hawkish foreign policy.
    Stop believing stupid things

still trying to marginalize our numbers eh

HEY KILLER
    WE ARE THE
    MAJORITY OF
    THE NATION
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

"That we have created in the National Security Agency this monster bureaucracy that's reading everybody's mail, listening to everybody's phone calls, infringing upon our civil liberties and civil rights — hogwash," Cheney said at the March 29 event. "It probably would've allowed us to stop 9/11.
    You know what else would've probably allowed 'us' to stop 9/11 Dick?

Cameras and microphones in every room in every house and hotel in America,elimination of amendments 4 through 8 of the Bill Of Rights,requiring all airline passengers to fly naked and shackled...I'll quit now Dick,I know this stuff arouses you and you do have a weak heart.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    every time i read this i look for rand hater's comment
    Last edited by jtstellar; 04-01-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Bill...l=np&source=hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Being attacked by Cheney can only boost Rand's appeal among the constituencies Rand's trying to court, as no one but the most deranged partisan hacks and neocons like Cheney.

With luck, maybe Charles Manson and the ghost of Hitler will come out and "blast" Rand next...

The National SECURITY Agency has been deliberately breaking our security.

If we attack them for failing to defend Americas military infrastructure then people like Cheney look like the dimwits they are.

Vice President Cheney, Why is it so important to you that Russian and Chinese hackers can easily penetrate Americas Military networks?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

If we attack them for failing to defend Americas military infrastructure then people like Cheney look like the dimwits they are.

Vice President Cheney, Why is it so important to you that Russian and Chinese hackers can easily penetrate Americas Military networks?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

This reads very much like a planned press release.

"Secret" in this case meaning "Meant to be released from the very beginning".

Too well planned and too fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

Speaking of hacking, will a Russian please remote hack his "heart?" Wait never mind, he got a transplant. Damn it, I still choose to believe he has a baboon heart or ANYTHING other than a human heart in his chest.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.