Thread: NCDMV: Pay property tax 9 months before it's due. For my Convenience.

NCDMV: Pay property tax 9 months before it's due. For my Convenience.

Of course it is for my convenience. Of course it is. Well, in my yearly slog through the the property tax and plate renewal process it seems the N.C. government has not only eaten up more of my time on the phone, correcting and re-correcting mistakes, but has decided to advance charge my property taxes for the 2014 year. How nice of them to collect these county fees at state level 9 months in advance. For my convenience of course.

Throw it in the woods!

http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/vehicle/tagtax/

North Carolina’s vehicle Tag and Tax Together program was designed to collect vehicle property taxes along with registration renewals and to conveniently pay them together.

Beginning in 2013, your annual vehicle inspection, registration renewal and vehicle property tax will be due the same month each year. Only one payment – made either in person, online or by mail – is required to pay both the annual tag and tax for your vehicle (Inspection fees are still paid to the inspection station).

NCDMV will forward the property tax portion of your payment directly to your county revenue department. (A full 9 months before it is due! p4p. For my convenience of course.)

Edit: Don't even get me started on the time spent to correct the property tax because the County just upgraded their software and it is charging County residents both County and City tax.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-01-2014 at 09:21 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dear Lord . I would effing hate that .My property tax is all @ 1 , 2 or 3 % , but it is a considerable sum together, where my license tags are not. I usually do not pay property tax until it is due , although , I do try and scrounge it up and put it aside a couple months prior at least one of the two installments .....