Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Worst cold/flu season in history

Still sick and feeling sorry for myself ~ everyone else is out having fun and I'm stuck here by myself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anecdotal update: 2 more people I know are down with the flu. Still going around. Was talking to a personal trainer who said that the majority of his clients had been out sick in the past month due to cold or flu.

There is an Influenza type B going around, and also a nasty chest cold that is mostly a cough and sore throat.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Lots of sick extended family members. No one is sick in our house. No one gets flu shots. Last year I had a severe case of Influenza B that put me in the ER twice for dehydration - could not keep anything, not even a sip of water, down. Coughing and fever and all that. Lasted 12 days. They finally had to give me suppositories for nausea - fun, fun! But it worked. Was able to hydrate and nourish myself after that. They say it is the dehydration that kills people.

We're big on natural supplements and remedies now. We take Emergen-C and colloidal silver, among many other things. Seems like everyone is sick but us right now, with the head and chest crap. I sure don't wanna go through that again.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    We're big on natural supplements and remedies now. We take Emergen-C and colloidal silver, among many other things. Seems like everyone is sick but us right now, with the head and chest crap. I sure don't wanna go through that again.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!
    I was taking Emergen-C and Vitamin D before I came down with the flu. Your mileage may vary...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I was taking Emergen-C and Vitamin D before I came down with the flu. Your mileage may vary...
    Yeah but you also got the flu shot this time around. How much D were you taking? Maybe next year you might want to skip the vaccine and take your chances that your immune system will do a better job.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Heard a story that the flu has been going around the MLB (baseball) teams. It's pretty contagious.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More reports.

By THOM LEAVY, Staff Writer | Updated Yesterday

WASHINGTON TWP. – Many families were stricken by two types of the flu this season and officials are looking into expanding the public vaccination program.

The two strains of influenza are not typically treated by a single shot. The Township Committee, however, is considering reevaluating the way vaccines are administered.

"The flu season this year has really been a tough one," said Committeeman Tracy Tobin.

Tobin said he was under the impression that there was one kind of flu and not at least three, including influenza A, or H1N1, Influenza B and Influenza C.

Tobin and his family, like many, were subject to Influenza A, the common variety, earlier in the winter, as well as the Influenza B strain, which came later.

"It certainly explains why our family had the flu for eight weeks. We gave each other both," Tobin said.

The state’s most recent influenza activity report put the week of April 12 on high alert in all regions. To date, the 2013-2014 season has had 19 outbreaks in long term care facilities, 11 of which were in the last three weeks, with the highest density of outbreaks in the northwest region of the state, according to Dawn Thomas, spokeswoman for the state Department of Health.
    Area hospitals have been busy with the epidemic as well.

At Hackettstown Regional Medical Center, Robin Puma, an occupational health nurse, said that last year the facility saw a lot of late cases of the flu, and this year it was even worse.

"If you look at the demographics for flu surveillance in New Jersey, it's at a high," Puma said.

Influenza cases are tracked on the state Department of Health website, with weekly installments of influenza activity.

"We've had a lot of employees here catching the B strain," said Puma of her hospital staff.
    http://newjerseyhills.com/observer-t...9bb2963f4.html

Another report:

Doctors concerned by late-season flu spike

By Kisha Henry, Kisha Henry
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -

An unusual spike in flu cases that shut down a Parkville child care center is also making its rounds across the country.

April is usually the time of year when the flu disappears, but this year it seems to be doing the opposite. Doctors said they're also concerned about the type of flu they're seeing.

"Surprisingly, it's still out there and it seems to be making a bit of a rebound," said Dr. Lee Norman, the chief medical officer for the University of Kansas Hospital. "This is the same thing we saw in 2009 with H1N1."

Doctors said they haven't seen this type of pattern, where cases spike at a time that they're usually falling off the chart, since then. They said the spike could continue through May.

"Now we're seeing Influenza B and we're seeing H3N2, which are both a little different than what we've seen in the past," he said.
    http://m.kmbc.com/news/doctors-conce...spike/25610846
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-26-2014 at 10:44 AM.

One reason this is not getting as much media attention is that it is not resulting in as many hospitalizations. If it doesn't cause that, it doesn't count.

Most flu markers in the United States declined last week, but the Northeast is still in the grip of a wave of influenza B activity, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said today in its latest FluView report.

The agency said it's not uncommon for a second wave of flu activity involving seasonal flu viruses other than the predominant one to occur toward the end of a season and that some disease activity could continue into May.

The 2009 H1N1 virus dominated during most of the season, but this week influenza B accounted for the largest percentage of circulating viruses, with the number of H3N2 positives increasing as well.
    http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-persp...an-apr-25-2014

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah but you also got the flu shot this time around. How much D were you taking? Maybe next year you might want to skip the vaccine and take your chances that your immune system will do a better job.
    Generally take 2000IU of D daily. Also get some sun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234