Thread: help creating a petition/referendum

help creating a petition/referendum

Hi all,

I tried doing a little research and it seems NC does not allow State wide referendums. What is the alternative process to get something like a referendum on the ballot?

My idea is to reject Obamacare in referendum as proof of state nullification rights. See here: http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/

Other States like Colorado have made marijuana legal contrary to federal law. So why can't NC make Obamacare illegal based on unconstitutionality? The people can vote referendum and if over 50% approve, then NC can deem Obamacare unconstitutional and not participate. I think we should encourage States to take back their rights. Any ideas on how to make this happen on a ballot?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not going to be able to help here, but I want to bump it for those watching the "New Posts".
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin