Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Get Into A 21+ Concert?

How to Get Into A 21+ Concert?

One of my favorite bands is coming to town and I really want to see them but the venue they're playing at is a 21+ bar. Is it possible for a 19 year old to get in? Any tips?
    [no longer a teenager]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenager For Ron Paul View Post
    One of my favorite bands is coming to town and I really want to see them but the venue they're playing at is a 21+ bar. Is it possible for a 19 year old to get in? Any tips?
    When I was a teenager, I had my dad take me to a bar to see the band play.

As long as you are with an "adult" (hrumph) they will generally let you in and give you a colored wristband denoting that you are not of age to buy alcohol. Give them a call and see what their policy is.

I used to be allowed into bars before I was 21. I worked there. You needed to be over 18 I think.

Maybe you can look into some sort of work mutually acceptable to you and the owner.

Picking up some trash might give you the run of the place. Find out if he has one of those little brooms and dustpans like they use in theaters. If you picked up anything he might feel ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I used to be allowed into bars before I was 21. I worked there. You needed to be over 18 I think.

Maybe you can look into some sort of work mutually acceptable to you and the owner.
    LOL, when I was 18, I could go into any bar and have a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Me too. Except in N.C. they were raising the age. I was grandfathered and able to go 9 months of the year. Then, suddenly, I wasn't responsible enough for the next three months when it would start all over again from 19 until 21. Good thing I was in the Navy in those years. Lol.

And to think, that was during Prohibition!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    And to think, that was during Prohibition!
    Oh, schnappp!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Oh, schnappp!
    I believe it was peach schnapps at that. How he was able to order that wearing his derby and be taken seriously, is one of life's greatest mysteries.
    +

What State ?

Places are usually afraid of losing their liquor license if they let in somebody who is underaged so probably the best you can do is hang outside and listen. Maybe catch them outside before/ after the show.

Follow these instructions:

I believe it was peach schnapps at that. How he was able to order that wearing his derby and be taken seriously, is one of life's greatest mysteries.
    I'll have you know, my preference was for Rumple Minze when I was having schnapps. It's best if kept in the freezer. If I drank enough of that, I didn't care if people were taking me seriously or not and it didn't matter either, as long as I didn't sit on my derby.

Duh,, Fake ID.

Simple question,, simple answer.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'll have you know, my preference was for Rumple Minze when I was having schnapps. It's best if kept in the freezer. If I drank enough of that, I didn't care if people were taking me seriously or not and it didn't matter either, as long as I didn't sit on my derby.
    Remember the time oyarde was bartending in that speakeasy over on Fulton Street? LOL, how he almost lost his mind when someone said he was a spitting image of Meyer Lansky. Ah, the good old days!
    +

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How to get into a 21+ concert? Be 21.

Remember the time oyarde was bartending in that speakeasy over on Fulton Street? LOL, how he almost lost his mind when someone said he was a spitting image of Meyer Lansky. Ah, the good old days!
    Yeah, we just don't see times like those anymore.

Yeah, we just don't see times like those anymore.
    especially with the cataracts and all...
    +

especially with the cataracts and all...
    Now let's not get into what rich people are driving in Japan.

Now let's not get into what rich people are driving in Japan.
    I though you drove a Rincoln?
    +

I though you drove a Rincoln?
    Only when I run into something with it.

Edit:
    When I was much younger, I would drive a Ford Latrineo.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 03-29-2014 at 02:41 PM.

We are derailing this important thread. The question is how is a fellow liberty loving Teenager for Ron Paul going to sneak in tonight? We will need GPS coordinates, a layout of the building, street level high definition images, and a fake ID.
    +

We are derailing this important thread. The question is how is a fellow liberty loving Teenager for Ron Paul going to sneak in tonight? We will need GPS coordinates, a layout of the building, street level high definition images, and a fake ID.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That or he could just get a derby, cane and a fake beard. They probably wouldn't even ask for ID if he was wearing all that stuff. They would just think he was a part of the show, or mistake him for Bat Masterson.

and you could tie your horse up outside for free

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    and you could tie your horse up outside for free
    I remember the fellow who tied the rope from his horse around the leg of his chair. When the bus came down the street, he left in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I dont think our young friend truly understands what would be expected of him to obtain such passes. For the sake of his innocence, let us not discuss the 'R' word.
    +

That or he could just get a derby, cane and a fake beard. They probably wouldn't even ask for ID if he was wearing all that stuff. They would just think he was a part of the show, or mistake him for Bat Masterson.
    Or even think he was you!
    +

Or even think he was you!
    It's happened before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast