Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you grateful for today?

What are you grateful for today?

I am asking this question because it is so important for us to be continually looking at God's gracious gifts in our lives. Sometimes they are even disguised as troubles.
    I am also making this post because it will be so nice to have a thread with some fellowship instead of just arguing!

I am grateful for my children. I am grateful for my dogs. I am grateful for my indoor plumbing!

Philippians 4:4-9
    4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
    5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
    6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm thankful, God has blessed me with two wonderful companions. (dogs)
    I'm thankful, God has blessed me with enough to eat, good health and a warm place to live.

I could go on, but I have to get ready for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm thankful, God has blessed me with two wonderful companions. (dogs)
    I'm thankful, God has blessed me with enough to eat, good health and a warm place to live.

I could go on, but I have to get ready for bed.
    I am thankful for even those who oppose God's truth, for it necessarily causes me to look closer at His Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    I am thankful for even those who oppose God's truth, for it necessarily causes me to look closer at His Word.
    +rep

I'm grateful to be alive, sheltered, and fed. I built that.

That fat ass rare steak off the grill that is making my tummy oh so happy now.

A religion thread not ruined by Calvinists.

Edit: too late
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    A religion thread not ruined by Calvinists.

Edit: too late
    I thought you were a Calvinist too?

Anyway... I'm grateful for life, both spiritual and physical, I am grateful for God's gracious gift of salvation, I am grateful for my brothers and sisters in Christ, those who I correspond with face to face, via the internet, and those who are throughout the world. I'm grateful for an ability to speak, that I might preach the gospel.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today I am grateful for God's word which gives me understanding into God himself. I am grateful for the Holy Spirit who brings me comfort, enlightenment, guidance, peace, joy and love for others. Also, today, I am still grateful for indoor plumbing!!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Many things,, but today,,, the temperature. 33 degrees and melting.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'm grateful that this island's church is right across the street from the office I'm working out of so I can attend Mass tomorrow

(Yes, I'm working Saturdays and Sundays till 11pm, consulting sucks )

I'm thankful for the smell of fresh-dug, spring, dirt as I planted some Jerusalem artichokes in my garden.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Many things,, but today,,, the temperature. 33 degrees and melting.
    Seriously, I was in the Upper Peninsual during the winter. Now I'm glad I'm in Alabama.

Wow what a difference.

Today I am grateful for The Holy Spirit who blesses me with gentleness and kindness so that I may respond to life's situations and people in the way that God would have me.
    I am also grateful for the children that I have in my life. Mine as well as others. They are so beautiful and it is such a blessing to be able to help them in life and learn how to maneuver in this hideous world that we now are faced with. And I am STILL grateful for the indoor plumbing!!!
    ~ George Washington

Ohhhhh......... I have another one to add to today!!! Last year in the spring I planted some bleeding hearts in my flower bed. The weather was so weird here last year. Very rainy and cold summer. My garden rotted from being over watered and I never turned on the sprinkler. These bleeding hearts rotted and died by August with everything else. I looked in my flower bed today and low and behold they are alive AND blooming!! Thank you God for pretty things!!
    ~ George Washington

Today I am grateful for my warm and beautiful parish family. And most RPFers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    Today I am grateful for The Holy Spirit who blesses me with gentleness and kindness so that I may respond to life's situations and people in the way that God would have me.
    I am also grateful for the children that I have in my life. Mine as well as others. They are so beautiful and it is such a blessing to be able to help them in life and learn how to maneuver in this hideous world that we now are faced with. And I am STILL grateful for the indoor plumbing!!!
    Now that you mention it, I'm grateful for that too. I don't have any kids, but the ones I do know are great little people.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Ohhhhh......... I have another one to add to today!!! Last year in the spring I planted some bleeding hearts in my flower bed. The weather was so weird here last year. Very rainy and cold summer. My garden rotted from being over watered and I never turned on the sprinkler. These bleeding hearts rotted and died by August with everything else. I looked in my flower bed today and low and behold they are alive AND blooming!! Thank you God for pretty things!!
    They are nice little plants. I had them pop last year but the thing is that I never planted them. I was going to pull them thinking that they were weeds but it was one of those things where i thought to myself that it was a weird looking weed and so I left them. Sometimes even weeds provide nice flowers.

There were some others too that got really tall. I don't know what they were but they had thousands of tiny white daisy like flowers on them and the honey bees were swarming all over them all summer which was good. I see them growing wild on the side of the road everywhere though. I let the seeds dry on the stalks and then spread them in the mulch back there. Maybe they'll pop again. Who knows. It was good having the bees around though.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I'm grateful for that too. I don't have any kids, but the ones I do know are great little people.
    I just love kids! They are such beautiful little people. They don't understand things in the world right now. My daughter has a friend who is struggling with being bullied. The school doesn't care, they call it teenage drama. This girl is the sweetest thing. I told her today that the essence of the situation is not about her personally, but that evil always attacks good, and that we must just stand.
    I find it appalling these days how apathetic parents are. As long as their kids are not bothering them, they just don't care what they are doing - or struggling with.
    Again....... reminds me of this scripture: The most "natural" form of "natural affection" is that between a parent and a child. It is going away, quickly.
    2 Timothy 3
    King James Version (KJV)
    3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    They are nice little plants. I had them pop last year but the thing is that I never planted them. I was going to pull them thinking that they were weeds but it was one of those things where i thought to myself that it was a weird looking weed and so I left them. Sometimes even weeds provide nice flowers.

There were some others too that got really tall. I don't know what they were but they had thousands of tiny white daisy like flowers on them and the honey bees were swarming all over them all summer which was good. I see them growing wild on the side of the road everywhere though. I let the seeds dry on the stalks and then spread them in the mulch back there. Maybe they'll pop again. Who knows. It was good having the bees around though.
    I love flowers! And you are right, even weeds sometimes make nice flowers! I hope the seeds that you scattered come up so you can enjoy them again this year!
    ~ George Washington

I am thankful to be double-jointed. It makes me less likely to be injured doing jutsu techniques and makes me harder to defeat.

I am indeed thankful for many blessings in my life both physical and spiritual, but I believe that what I'm most thankful for is God giving me a heart of flesh to enable me to do the work that I do. To help heal the sick and care for those less fortunate than myself.

I can remember many years ago when I worked in a very highly regulated, stressful and demanding field where I had to travel constantly and keep up appearances on a continual basis. I never remember having a good nights rest during those years, working almost around the clock to maintain a business that really seemed to serve no good purpose for the kingdom of heaven.

Not until the latter half of my life did I make the decision with the Lords guidance to sell everything I had, which consisted of two large farms a business and all of my horses. It was one of the most difficult decisions I'd ever made, but now my life had become simple without stress.

Although I knew that God was blazing my new horizons leading me into another world of existence I had never known, I never once doubted which direction I was headed. He led me into a field of work that just seem to me to be what I should have always been doing and that is caring for the sick and the disabled. Now when I lay my head down at night, I thank God for my humble home, my wonderful loving Christian husband and the people God has placed in my care.

Nothing makes one more grateful for their life, health and abundance than caring for those less fortunate than ourselves. As I watch them struggle with the simplest of tasks, my compassion and respect for them grows more every day and I realize that God indeed has answered my prayer that I prayed so long ago and that was to give me that heart of flesh to love and have compassion for those in need. I knew then that God had indeed blazed my horizons with a new life and a new heart enabling me to do what He has called me to do and that is to love those and help those He's placed in my care.

When I love--I love hard and letting go is even harder for me. My heart breaks with every loss and it makes me realize more every day that sacrifice is indeed the true essence of love. For without sacrifice--there can be no love.

I am thankful today indeed.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-01-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Today I am grateful that my daughter has such an awesome homebound teacher that is even willing to come to see her on the weekends! I am grateful for the ability to donate to RescueChristians.org, for they I believe are doing some of the most important work of our time. I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit who ministers to me 24/7 no matter my state of heart or mind! Sometimes it is with a hug and sometimes a little much needed kick in the pants.
    ~ George Washington

Today I am grateful that my daughter has such an awesome homebound teacher that is even willing to come to see her on the weekends! I am grateful for the ability to donate to RescueChristians.org, for they I believe are doing some of the most important work of our time. I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit who ministers to me 24/7 no matter my state of heart or mind! Sometimes it is with a hug and sometimes a little much needed kick in the pants.

Thanks for sharing that link Annie. It's certainly a worthy cause to donate to. Most of us can't imagine what it's like for some Christians in those parts of the world where they are persecuted and put to death for their faith. We need these reminders as wake up calls as to just how blessed we are to be able to live free from such persecution at this time. I'm indeed thankful for that today as always.

Happy for you and your daughter that you have help coming to your home for her. Have a beautiful day Annie dear.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that link Annie. It's certainly a worthy cause to donate to. Most of us can't imagine what it's like for some Christians in those parts of the world where they are persecuted and put to death for their faith. We need these reminders as wake up calls as to just how blessed we are to be able to live free from such persecution at this time. I'm indeed thankful for that today as always.

Happy for you and your daughter that you have help coming to your home for her. Have a beautiful day Annie dear.
    Thank you my sweet Sistah! You have a lovely day too!
    ~ George Washington

I am thankful for a warm breeze blowing through the house which is sending the stale air of winter away. I am also thankful for my large, healthy family who I have surrounding me and that one of the sweetest people on earth shares his life with me, my dh.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Toady I am thankful for my warm and beautiful parish family and my RPF brothers/sisters in Christ.

I am thankful my husband is home safe and sound.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am thankful my husband is home safe and sound.
    w00t! Give the old man ~hugs~ for me.

Today I am and have been very grateful for my dogs. They are just so stinkin sweet. Being around them brings out the sweet in me, even when I feel more like a pint of vinegar! LOL
    I am so grateful for my children! They are so funny! They keep me laughing even when I want to cry!
    Still,...... so very grateful for indoor plumbing!!
    ~ George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast