Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you grateful for today?

grateful for life. grateful for Jesus.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grateful to be spending Good Friday and Pascha this year with fellow good Christians and unhindered by the hateful people in the world and on the interwebz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Today I am grateful for my devotionals! They always seem to start my day off exactly with the frame of mind that I need to carry me through my day!
    I am grateful for God's hand in and on my life. Watching him weave situations and solutions together is like watching an artist paint a painting!
    I am also STILL grateful for indoor plumbing!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Feeling grateful to have been able to attend liturgy last night.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I am grateful for not having to cook tonight because I'll be cooking all day tomorrow. It's take out tonight, whatever everyone wants--whew--thank ya Lord!

Got back from the grocery store a little while ago, thought I was going to have to pay to bribe someone for their cart--it was packed in there. Lucky that there were still some brown eggs still left in the cooler.

forgiveness & mercy
    the example of YESHUA
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    I am grateful for not having to cook tonight because I'll be cooking all day tomorrow. It's take out tonight, whatever everyone wants--whew--thank ya Lord!

Got back from the grocery store a little while ago, thought I was going to have to pay to bribe someone for their cart--it was packed in there. Lucky that there were still some brown eggs still left in the cooler.
    I'll have some yams and that cranberry sauce with orange zest in it and some green bean casserole, along with some ham and some water to drink. ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'll have some yams and that cranberry sauce with orange zest in it and some green bean casserole, along with some ham and some water to drink. ~hugs~
    Come on over! That's exactly how I make my cranberry sauce too, with orange zest. If I ever fed you once--you'd live with me forever. LOL The hub says women just don't cook like me these days. I know how to keep my man.

Come on over! That's exactly how I make my cranberry sauce too, with orange zest. If I ever fed you once--you'd live with me forever. LOL The hub says women just don't cook like me these days. I know how to keep my man.
    w00t! If you know how to make that glaze the Honeybaked Ham Co. uses too, I'll rent a room in your house and live with y'all and eat your nummy food forevarrr.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    w00t! If you know how to make that glaze the Honeybaked Ham Co. uses too, I'll rent a room in your house and live with y'all and eat your nummy food forevarrr.
    I've got five bedrooms and one spare guest room upstairs. I can't promise you won't get fat living here though and the cats might sneak in your room and sleep on your bed occasionally. Not to mention you might wake up to wet kisses from the pooch too.

The hubs got a gut that he blames on me. I keep telling him that's how other women know someone else owns him.

I've got five bedrooms and one spare guest room upstairs. I can't promise you won't get fat living here though and the cats might sneak in your room and sleep on your bed occasionally. Not to mention you might wake up to wet kisses from the pooch too.

The hubs got a gut that he blames on me. I keep telling him that's how other women know someone else owns him.
    I ain't a-skeered. I have trouble putting weight on and keeping it because I'm so daggum active. :/ Doggies are fun. Especially the big breeds.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-19-2014 at 09:25 PM. Reason: I have no idea how I screwed this one up.

Looks a lot like my first doggie^^ , except she was reddish/copper colored.

Looks a lot like my first doggie^^ , except she was reddish/copper colored.
    What I was going to say in the post I screwed up was that you might have to sleep with that lil guy if you stay with us. LOL That picture was taken at our cabin in Maine while we were on vacation.

I'm grateful for my new friends I have met on here

What I was going to say in the post I screwed up was that you might have to sleep with that lil guy if you stay with us. LOL That picture was taken at our cabin in Maine while we were on vacation.
    I don't mind...so long as I don't get bitten or peed on or whatever. :P

I had the most awesome patty melt from Whataburger.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am grateful I woke up today, that there was almost nothing wrong (no pain, no aches, no hung up joints that had to be stretched and worked before I could get out of bed). I am grateful that I live somewhere near enough to a populated area with stores and restaurants and a hospital that's always hiring and pays decently... but far away enough that there were feral piggies in my yard last night, and wild bunnies scattering this morning, and the ever-present snakes that cull the frogs and lizards for me. I am grateful there are so many trees... and yet also grateful they're mostly on others' property (I don't ever really have to rake!).

I am grateful that today's biggest hardship will be taking care of Easter cooking, and helping my mother out with my grandmother. I am grateful mom agreed years ago to place grandma in a nursing facility, and I am also grateful that people come together and work hard so she doesn't feel abandoned there.

I am grateful for the phone call at 7:30am from my sister, with my niece and nephew screeching about what was in their baskets/eggs this morning. I am very thankful they are not too spoiled to get excited over something so simple. I am grateful that they have a terrific sense of family and that those kids are growing up pretty healthy and happy.

I am grateful for my own family, who endured the years when I couldn't tell them what was wrong, but still managed to be supportive. I am grateful for the patience and wisdom (sometimes... most times?) to have come home to help my parents and my grandmother out in return. Some debts cannot be repaid but we still have to try.

I am so thankful and grateful for the beautiful day we had with friends and family. We all stuff ourselves silly and enjoyed each other's company. It was a beautiful resurrection day.

Hope you all had a wonderful blessed day too.

Grateful to celebrate Pascha with my Parish family and was allowed to read the gospel aloud for my Russian brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I am grateful I woke up today, that there was almost nothing wrong (no pain, no aches, no hung up joints that had to be stretched and worked before I could get out of bed). I am grateful that I live somewhere near enough to a populated area with stores and restaurants and a hospital that's always hiring and pays decently... but far away enough that there were feral piggies in my yard last night, and wild bunnies scattering this morning, and the ever-present snakes that cull the frogs and lizards for me. I am grateful there are so many trees... and yet also grateful they're mostly on others' property (I don't ever really have to rake!).

I am grateful that today's biggest hardship will be taking care of Easter cooking, and helping my mother out with my grandmother. I am grateful mom agreed years ago to place grandma in a nursing facility, and I am also grateful that people come together and work hard so she doesn't feel abandoned there.

I am grateful for the phone call at 7:30am from my sister, with my niece and nephew screeching about what was in their baskets/eggs this morning.
    I am very thankful they are not too spoiled to get excited over something so simple. I am grateful that they have a terrific sense of family and that those kids are growing up pretty healthy and happy.

I am grateful for my own family, who endured the years when I couldn't tell them what was wrong, but still managed to be supportive. I am grateful for the patience and wisdom (sometimes... most times?) to have come home to help my parents and my grandmother out in return. Some debts cannot be repaid but we still have to try.
    From an egg hunt or just a gift? I noticed toady that the egg hunt lasted about a minute. All the treats were hidden in incredibly obvious places, mostly in plain view. Several kids didn't get any because they got beaten to the punch. :/ I've noted that every egg hunt I've ever participated in or watched turned out that way. IDK why that event is normally so poorly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    I'm grateful for my new friends I have met on here
    I am grateful for you too Kevin!!
    I am grateful for God's grace and mercy! I am grateful for the Holy Spirit and the fruits of the Spirit that he puts within me. I am grateful for having a wonderful Easter in spite of having a husband that won't leave the bedroom, not even to come out and share a meal. It is the fruit of the Spirit that enabled me to do that. I still had enough peace to be able to pour love out on all of the kids that showed up at my house today. I am grateful for the patience and longsuffering from the Holy Spirit to be able to deal with such a situation and not hate, and to be able to still display love and compassion. I am grateful for the faith that I have in God, to know that He gives me the strength to be able to push through when my "human feelings" tell me to just give up and quit. I am grateful for the wonderful kids that God has put in my life. They are not only joyous, helpful, encouraging and beautiful...... but they are FUN!!
    So,..... to sum it all up, I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit because without Him, there is no way that I could have had such a wonderful Easter today!!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    I am grateful for you too Kevin!! I am grateful for God's grace and mercy! I am grateful for the Holy Spirit and the fruits of the Spirit that he puts within me. I am grateful for having a wonderful Easter in spite of having a husband that won't leave the bedroom, not even to come out and share a meal. It is the fruit of the Spirit that enabled me to do that. I still had enough peace to be able to pour love out on all of the kids that showed up at my house today. I am grateful for the patience and longsuffering from the Holy Spirit to be able to deal with such a situation and not hate, and to be able to still display love and compassion. I am grateful for the faith that I have in God, to know that He gives me the strength to be able to push through when my "human feelings" tell me to just give up and quit. I am grateful for the wonderful kids that God has put in my life. They are not only joyous, helpful, encouraging and beautiful...... but they are FUN!! So,..... to sum it all up, I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit because without Him, there is no way that I could have had such a wonderful Easter today!!
    AMEN sister!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12