Page 2243 of 2371 FirstFirst ... 1243174321432193223322412242224322442245225322932343 ... LastLast
Results 67,261 to 67,290 of 71128

Thread: Bestest picture thread evaar! (The trilogy)

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

https://twitter.com/GadSaad/status/1637570230011535361

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

https://twitter.com/GarlandNixon/sta...37637967159297

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Straight-up mafia. No fig-leaf, just full-frontal nudity. Vulgar display of power...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I feel like this is somehow symbolic...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status...51127972134917

https://twitter.com/i/status/1637682427056234497

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Switzerland ?

Beautiful design btw.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Switzerland ?

Beautiful design btw.
    I don't know but it is cool.

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...54813622206464

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    I feel like this is somehow symbolic...

National debt in 1980 was 908 billion and didnt reach 1 trillion until 1982. Minimum wage was around 2.90 per and if you made twice that were I lived you could make your house payment on less than you took home in a 46 hr work week with 1 1/2 days off and your spouse not working 40 hours. The amount of fiscal damage done in the past 23 1/4 yrs is staggering. Debt up about 450 percent and rising , GDP averaging a dismal 1.9 percent per yr and dropping. The paper dollar is doomed , not seeing it last another 20 - 24 yrs.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-21-2023 at 06:20 PM.
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    National debt in 1980 was 908 billion and didnt reach 1 trillion until 1982. Minimum wage was around 2.90 per and if you made twice that were I lived you could make your house payment on less than you took home in a 46 hr work week with 1 1/2 days off and your spouse not working 40 hours. The amount of fiscal damage done in the past 23 1/4 yrs is staggering. Debt up about 450 percent and rising , GDP averaging a dismal 1.9 percent per yr and dropping. The paper dollar is doomed , not seeing it last another 20 - 24 yrs.
    What makes me sad is that this span of time has exactly correlated with the power-curve of my career. I cannot describe in words the amount of devastation that inflation has done to my finances. Like most Americans my age, I do not believe for one second that Social Security will be anything more than a token payment sent out as a fig-leaf over a failed nationalized pension system by the time I get there. It's all just money sunk into the abyss (and has been all along). And the precious few dollars I've managed to scrape together over decades of saving are dwindling in value day-by-day.

But what makes me angry -- mad as hell -- is that my children, who are just now reaching adulthood, are entering an economy defined by total, inescapable, systemic collapse. No matter what path they choose in today's defunct economy, they are virtually guaranteed to be paupers, nomads and dispossessed. Even if the most iron-fisted fiscal conservative imaginable were elected to POTUS in 2024 and delegated temporary dictatorship over the US budget by Congress in order to get the country "back on track", it's hopeless. $32 trillion dollars is an absurd number, it's nearly twice the value of all the land in the US by some accountings. And for what? What did "We The People" get in exchange for the hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt per capita charged to the national credit-card by the joint mafia coalition of DemonRATs and NeoCONs? Nothing. We got lots of bombs dropped in the desert. Whoopdy-freakin-doo. If I had to pick 10 reasons that I know for sure that hell exists, this would be on the list. You cannot mortgage an entire country twice over for nothing in return, and imagine that you are somehow going to escape the flames of hell. What unimaginable audacity and flagrant criminality. My childrens' economic future has been absolutely devastated and destroyed before they ever had a chance to set their hand to the plow...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 03-21-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    What makes me sad is that this span of time has exactly correlated with the power-curve of my career. I cannot describe in words the amount of devastation that inflation has done to my finances. Like most Americans my age, I do not believe for one second that Social Security will be anything more than a token payment sent out as a fig-leaf over a failed nationalized pension system by the time I get there. It's all just money sunk into the abyss (and has been all along). And the precious few dollars I've managed to scrape together over decades of saving are dwindling in value day-by-day.

But what makes me angry -- mad as hell -- is that my children, who are just now reaching adulthood, are entering an economy defined by total, inescapable, systemic collapse. No matter what path they choose in today's defunct economy, they are virtually guaranteed to be paupers, nomads and dispossessed. Even if the most iron-fisted fiscal conservative imaginable were elected to POTUS in 2024 and delegated temporary dictatorship over the US budget by Congress in order to get the country "back on track", it's hopeless. $32 trillion dollars is an absurd number, it's nearly twice the value of all the land in the US by some accountings. And for what? What did "We The People" get in exchange for the hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt per capita charged to the national credit-card by the joint mafia coalition of DemonRATs and NeoCONs? Nothing. We got lots of bombs dropped in the desert. Whoopdy-freakin-doo. If I had to pick 10 reasons that I know for sure that hell exists, this would be on the list. You cannot mortgage an entire country twice over for nothing in return, and imagine that you are somehow going to escape the flames of hell. What unimaginable audacity and flagrant criminality. My childrens' economic future has been absolutely devastated and destroyed before they ever had a chance to set their hand to the plow...
    That's why we will default, and why we will seize the stolen wealth.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment