Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Calvinists and being saved

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    How can someone who's not a Christian be sanctified and "insult the spirit of grace?"

Hebrews 10:29

How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?…

"...the blood of the covenant by which HE [Jesus] was sanctified".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    God is in full control but not the cause of everything. We do have free will. Just because God knows what WILL happen, does not mean we do not have a choice.

(see Terry- you cannot fit me in a box)
    I never have Kevin. You see--I knew why you were agreeing with the Calvinists, but still---I knew you weren't one of them because I do remember one of your very first posts claiming you did believe in the free will of mankind. I do pay attention to what people say. God Bless you!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    I never have Kevin. You see--I knew why you were agreeing with the Calvinists, but still---I knew you weren't one of them because I do remember one of your very first posts claiming you did believe in the free will of mankind. I do pay attention to what people say. God Bless you!
    THANKS! God did not create us as robots. The first man on earth, Adam had free will. I CHOOSE good or bad everyday. Just because God is all-knowing of what I will do does not mean it is not our choice. Simple as a parent and child. They choose to do good or evil. Just because you know your son will play in the house does not mean he did not have that choice. He could have played outside instead like you told him, but he still chose what he wanted to do. Pretty basic stuff imo.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

there are Arminians who are extremely judgmental of Calvinists as well

http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.ph...per-arminians/

Admittedly, I have yet to find anyone coin the phrase "tolerant arminians"
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I try not to fight people on terminology if the essence of what they are saying is fundamentally the same as what I'm saying, but I can see describing Adam and Eve as having "free will" but not any other human. Of course, however, you still have to deal with the fact that God chose to create the Adam that he knew would fall rather than an Adam who would never fall. But Adam (pre-Fall) wasn't enslaved to his sin the way all of his children were born enslaved to sin. I think we can say Adam had a legitimate ability not to sin (Although, again, God created Adam exactly as he was knowing and planning that Adam would fall) and that the sinful sons of Adam are not born with a legitimate ability not to sin.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin007 View Post
    THANKS! God did not create us as robots. The first man on earth, Adam had free will. I CHOOSE good or bad everyday. Just because God is all-knowing of what I will do does not mean it is not our choice. Simple as a parent and child. They choose to do good or evil. Just because you know your son will play in the house does not mean he did not have that choice. He could have played outside instead like you told him, but he still chose what he wanted to do. Pretty basic stuff imo.
    Amen Kevin--it is pretty basic to those with spiritual eyes and ears isn't it. Well said and done brother!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    there are Arminians who are extremely judgmental of Calvinists as well

http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.ph...per-arminians/

Admittedly, I have yet to find anyone coin the phrase "tolerant arminians"
    LOL--FF--you do give me a chuckle every now and then. No one could call you judgmental now could they-- You haven't called for my banning for at least two days now. Are we improving or taking a break?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    LOL--FF--you do give me a chuckle every now and then. No one could call you judgmental now could they--
    I am proudly judgmental of false doctrine. I boast in nothing but the cross of Christ (Galatians 6:14.) Those who boast in something else (Which seems to me to include every Arminian on this board, and practically every Arminian everywhere) is glorying in something else, whether their "decision" or their good works or something else. I judge them as being in sin and needing to repent, because the Bible clearly teaches such.

You haven't called for my banning for at least two days now. Are we improving or taking a break?
    I'll respond to your coherent points and ignore the ones that aren't. As for your ban, I'd rather the mods leave the religion subforum alone, but if they won't do that, I don't think they should let stupid incoherency pass without allowing us to harshly call out the stupidly incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I guess Jesus and Paul didn't have fruit either when they condemned the Pharisees and the gnostics and the Judiazers etc.
    Are you comparing yourself to Jesus and Paul? That's the same thing Freedom Fanatic did yesterday. Does this not perfectly illustrate my point about your extreme arrogance?

Are you comparing yourself to Jesus and Paul? That's the same thing Freedom Fanatic did yesterday. Does this not perfectly illustrate my point about your extreme arrogance?
    No. And there is no reason to understand me as "comparing" myself to Jesus and Paul.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It illustrates a deficiency in your logic, nothing more.

No. And there is no reason to understand me as "comparing" myself to Jesus and Paul.
    How can you say that? You were saying it's ok for you to condemn us for having a theology that you consider to be "false" simply because Jesus and Paul condemned the Pharisees for what they believed. You're certainly comparing yourself to Jesus and Paul.

How can you say that? You were saying it's ok for you to condemn us for having a theology that you consider to be "false" simply because Jesus and Paul condemned the Pharisees for what they believed. You're certainly comparing yourself to Jesus and Paul.
    If you preach what Jesus and Paul specifically condemn (which you have), then their condemnation is directed at you. My repeating the condemnation is in no way me comparing myself to them.

If you preach what Jesus and Paul specifically condemn (which you have), then their condemnation is directed at you. My repeating the condemnation is in no way me comparing myself to them.
    What do you think gives you the right to repeat the condemnation? Where in that verse or any other section of the Bible does it say for Christians to condemn other self described Christians for their theological beliefs?

I think people who seek condemnation are doing it wrong out of the gate. Seek the face of God and embody His Spirit through the expression of Christ. Love God, love your neighbor. Don't set out traps to shut your brother off from the Kingdom, or you will not go in yourself.

I have recently called out a Christian in my own County as a Pharisee and someone who held a doctrine of Satan; but I was not excluding him - he was excluding us, and he had turned it into a "King Of The Hill" game where it was basically either him or us. I did not want to operate on his field but I did, and so I discerned his jeopardy before the Judgement and detailed it to shut him down. He no longer claims supremacy over Christ. That was not the seeking of condemnation, that was his beam while he was so worried about my mote. What is the motivation?

Are you indignant because they have shut the door to heaven against others, or are you the one shutting the door against the unwashed masses?

If we're instilled with this love for God, then why do we still sin after we become Christians? What do you think causes Christians to sin?
    War of fleash vs spirit. All humans sin, saved or not- hopefully the saved sin LESS though.

The war has always waged between the flesh and Spirit.

Romans 7- 14-16.

14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

We will not be perfected yet until we die or are raptured.
    Ephesians 2:8-9-

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910