Thread: U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers will not run for reelection

Exclamation U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers will not run for reelection

Wow...what did he do?

U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers will not run for reelection

U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Howell, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, announced this morning that he will not run for reelection.

The seven-term congressman – who has been a key ally of House Speaker John Boehner and frequent guest of Sunday morning political talk shows – said he will step down at the end of his term, which ends early next year. Rogers said he is stepping down to start a radio show to discuss conservative and national security issues.

“I believe in being a conservative media you have to move the ball forward,” Rogers said. He added, “that voice is missing.”

He said the show will begin in January 2015.
    LOL
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great news! He doesn't seem to be a dynamic enough personality for his radio show to do anything but flop.

Michigan, 8th congressional district.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michiga...ional_district

Looks like a Red district; hopefully a liberty candidate steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Michigan, 8th congressional district.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michiga...ional_district

Looks like a Red district; hopefully a liberty candidate steps in.
    Tom McMillin is in this district, but I don't know if he would abandon his State Senate race to run.

this guy is one of the worst when it comes to the super secret government state. Let's all celebrate when someone like this leaves. Of course, he will probably take a year or two off and then go work for a top secret contractor or the NSA.

Smokescreen public spamming by congressman Mike Rogers...

Okay, I'm calling it now... which defense or security industrial complex corporation will Mike Rogers landing to be an executive? Or maybe sit in the lobbying group within the Washington DC swamp?

The former FBI statist will land a another government paycheck, but this time, it will just change hands before it's given to him.Mike Rogers and his wife are taxpayer leeches
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Good riddance to bad rubbish, he is evil personified.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Cool, take that hill boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Intel Chair Mike Rogers retiring to host propaganda show.

Er, I mean a radio show. Seriously, now starting next January stations across America will have to hear for three hours a day how we must show strength around the world, and MUST collect all METADATA, or else car bombs will go off. What a joke!

This does however bring up an interesting situation. Mac Thornberry is next in line to be intel chair after Rogers, BUT he's also next in line to be Armed Services Chair as well. He's going to have to decide which seat is more valuable to him.

IF he decides Intel....

a certain NC Congressman will then take the Armed Services gavel.

Great news of course. I thought this guy would be shilling in Congress forever.

I'm just not sure who would listen to an anti-populist radio host. I wonder why he isn't cashing in with a lobbying or "security" firm.

Rogers out!

America's Leading Purveyor Of Wild Snowden Theories Is Getting His Own Radio Show
    Which is why, in a way, it was perfect when Rogers announced on Friday that, at the end of his current congressional term, he will leave the House and become a talk radio host for Cumulus Media.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ushpmg00000021

one douchebag retiring. this is a good thing. hope there's a better replacement ahead. can't be much worse.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

rats from a sinking ship....

thanks for your help Mike.

$#@!.

It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Great news of course. I thought this guy would be shilling in Congress forever.

I'm just not sure who would listen to an anti-populist radio host. I wonder why he isn't cashing in with a lobbying or "security" firm.
    He's a true believer and worships at the alter of the surveillance state. I can see the police staters seeing how effective Rand and the populist movement is becoming so they need the credentials of Rogers to spew on the radio and they'll likely pay to get him on some big stations. Maybe there's a false flag in the works and he'll be there for the "Itoldyaso" routine. Either way, I must say this surely brightens my Friday.

Great news. I imagine there are some decent replacements as this is Michigan.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Quote Originally Posted by pulp8721 View Post
    Er, I mean a radio show. Seriously, now starting next January stations across America will have to hear for three hours a day how we must show strength around the world, and MUST collect all METADATA, or else car bombs will go off. What a joke!

This does however bring up an interesting situation. Mac Thornberry is next in line to be intel chair after Rogers, BUT he's also next in line to be Armed Services Chair as well. He's going to have to decide which seat is more valuable to him.

IF he decides Intel....

Thornberry is chosing the House Armed Services chair over Intelligence.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...lligence.html/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Thornberry is chosing the House Armed Services chair over Intelligence.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...lligence.html/

“I believe in being a conservative media you have to move the ball forward,” Rogers said. He added, “that voice is missing.”
    What the hell is he jabbering about?

If this is the kind of nonsensically ungrammatic gibberish we can expect from the Mike Rogers Show, it ain't gonna last very long.

(Rush has his "ditto-heads" - Mike'll have "WTF-heads" ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

IF he decides Intel....

Walter Jones?
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

He's a POS for waiting this long to announce. Anybody who wants to get on the ballot has to gather a large number of signatures by April 22.

The chatter here is that Mike's brother might step up and run. Go figure.

He ranks right up there with James Clapper. Lied through his teeth about spying on us then after proven to be a liar, set off to justify the spying. $#@! him and his guilty conscience.

Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Does he have the money? We need someone, but we aim to high some times.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Does he have the money? We need someone, but we aim to high some times.
    He raised $40k in 2012.

http://www.followthemoney.org/databa...phtml?c=139392

He would need someone like Amash to jump in and really fight for him, but I think it's worth the shot.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, what is #ff ??

Edit: nevermind. Follow Friday.
    Last edited by jurgs01; 03-29-2014 at 03:35 PM.

IF he decides Intel....
    I doubt it, he'll want Armed Services. Heck, I bet Peter King will get the Intelligence Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    He raised $40k in 2012.

http://www.followthemoney.org/databa...phtml?c=139392

He would need someone like Amash to jump in and really fight for him, but I think it's worth the shot.

He met his fundraising goals last quarter and he should do the same this quarter for his State Senate campaign. So he does have a campaign in place, but unfortunately there's very little overlap between the 8th congressional district and his state senate district. My guess is as good as anyone else's if he'll decide to switch to the MI-8 race. But he only has less than a month to decide and collect signatures.

one less fascist.

now if we could get rid of King, MCCain, Graham...

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    one less fascist.

now if we could get rid of King, MCCain, Graham...
    There are plenty of fascists waiting to take his place. "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance."

Tom hasn't decided but he is definitely considering it. He needs petition signatures before he'll make a decision though (only 2 weeks left). I don't live in the congressional district but I'm going to try and head out there to collect some this weekend.

I'm certain he'll only run as long as he has a good chance to win. I'm kind of torn since I was looking forward to actually have someone I like represent my district in Lansing, but the chance to flip MI-08 with an anti-NSA liberty Republican is just too good of an opportunity.
    Last edited by EBounding; 04-08-2014 at 06:43 PM.