Thread: Nigel Farage Debates Nick Clegg 2PM Central Time. Live feed

Nigel Farage Debates Nick Clegg 2PM Central Time. Live feed

The Youtube below is supposed to be it. We shall see.

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg faces UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage in the first of two debates on Britain’s membership of the European Union.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-the-tape.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Live Now!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Love nigel...

GO UKIP!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

A poll taken by The Sun newspaper of 1000 viewers has Farage winning 57% to 36%.

I watched the whole thing, Nigel has guts.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

bravo nigel bravo

Vote for Nigel in this poll, scroll to the bottom:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ge-debate.html
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Farage seemed to be the most well-versed. Clegg comes across as far too rehearsed and 'canned' in his responses.

I'm sure it comes from Farage's off-the-cuff speeches in the E.U. parliament, a lot of which have earned him fines, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Vote for Nigel in this poll, scroll to the bottom:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ge-debate.html
    `Here's link directly to the poll

http://polldaddy.com/poll/7915471/

Clegg seemed very arrogant, someone mentioned that on that radio feed after the debate. Some of them said Nigel appeared to be nervous and sweaty, I don't know. I think Nigel Farage did a pretty good job.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Clegg seemed very arrogant, someone mentioned that on that radio feed after the debate. Some of them said Nigel appeared to be nervous and sweaty, I don't know. I think Nigel Farage did a pretty good job.
    Yeah that sweaty bit seemed to be a theme amongst the punditry, but I didn't notice it. Listening to the babblers you would think it was an even debate, but course to polls are saying otherwise.

I was kind of surprised by what Nigel said about Marriage. And how he does not want Churches to be forced to do something they do not support. I thought that took guts, granted I don't live in the UK. But from what I have heard, it is a pretty extremely socially liberal place. I read that it is different outside London though.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Bump... Nigel Farage sure is a depository of data... he would embarrass 100% of US politicians and this Nick Clegg sounds exactly like the establishment 2 wings of the same vulture occupying of Washington DC.

What sealed the deal, after repeatedly using the same coined talking points of the NWO propaganda by Clegg, "government's job in 'Keeping Us Safe', I believe the POLICE, more than I believe Nigel Farage."

Done, you lose Clegg
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Last night they debated again. It was covered by the BBC, so was much more widely viewed. All the polls have Farage absolutely crushing the deputy PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd9rsmD4HiM

Highlights as selected by the Telegraph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQecSS5ribM

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watched the full debate earlier today. I have to say, Nigel impressed as always, and it was clear to me that he out-dueled Clegg.

Clegg used buzzwords and debated just like any good well-trained politician. I swear, I couldn't count the times he said "world's largest economy" in reference to the EU on both hands.

Especially at 50 minutes in, in reference to what Clegg said about trade rules. He states the the EU makes trading simpler since all EU nations have the same trade rules, merchants don't have to abide by different sets of rules for all the countries they sell in. That's silly, for multiple reasons, but the main reason is that the EU has no truly elected bodies, thus any rules they pass down are not only unvetted by the citizens of any country, but might also favor some countries over others since they are one-size-fits-all and cookie cutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

You guys really ought to pay more attention to what's happening in the UK as of late. Nigel Farage has taken Liberty mainstream in the past couple of weeks and it's been absolutely brilliant. It's quite fascinating to see this thing unfolding in the press and those debates, because the case for the EU has never been more scrutinized and it has crumbled for all to see. European Elections are coming up next month and General Elections in May 2015. UKIP is peaking at just the right time and the populist message is catching on. I think Rand could learn a lot from Ol' Nigel and I wish they'd meet rather soonish, because in the short to medium term they are our best bets as far as achieving Liberty in our lifetimes.

If you haven't done your homework on Nigel yet and need to get up to speed, this documentary was shown on Channel 4 in the UK a few days ago:

Last edited by SneakyFrenchSpy; 04-05-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

~Resident Badgiraffe

A new one hour interview taking questions from Telegraph readers

The policy I mostly question is his advocating a sizable increase in military spending, for which he cites the Falklands.

An interesting exchange @ 24:40

What would the foreign policy of UKIP Britain look like, considering even the US are unhappy with the idea of the UK leaving the EU?

Since 1945, viturally everything the Americans have asked us to do, or wanted us to to, has - been - wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    You guys really ought to pay more attention to what's happening in the UK as of late. Nigel Farage has taken Liberty mainstream in the past couple of weeks and it's been absolutely brilliant. It's quite fascinating to see this thing unfolding in the press and those debates, because the case for the EU has never been more scrutinized and it has crumbled for all to see. European Elections are coming up next month and General Elections in May 2015. UKIP is peaking at just the right time and the populist message is catching on. I think Rand could learn a lot from Ol' Nigel and I wish they'd meet rather soonish, because in the short to medium term they are our best bets as far as achieving Liberty in our lifetimes.

If you haven't done your homework on Nigel yet and need to get up to speed, this documentary was shown on Channel 4 in the UK a few days ago:

That was a good. I expected it to be a hatchet job but when I saw who the journalist was I knew would be good. Google 'Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story'.