Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ron Paul: Rand is like me but better

Do people truly believe that Ron Paul would not have significant influence with his son IF Rand won the Presidency?

Brother......
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand can attract Democrats and Independents.

Miles is a 24-year-old from San Francisco, and grew up with what he describes as a “liberal background.” He spent the summer after his freshman year interning in then–House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office in Washington. But somewhere between his Capitol Hill internship and graduation, Miles had a political awakening.

“I didn't know what the word liberty meant—I just thought it meant generic freedom,” Miles told me. “At the time, I was making phone calls for Obama, and after he won and I saw the continuation of many Bush policies, I realized that the person at the top can change, but that they're just going to keep signing the same bills.”

Miles believes that the system is broken. He opposes what he sees as an excess of government spending, thinks the US should stop getting involved in foreign conflicts—“neocons are among the worst things to ever happen to this country”—and is particularly concerned with the Obama administration’s infringement on civil liberties.

“This type of stuff is what gets under my skin,” he said. “I wish more people would wake up to the fact that it is both parties carrying out authoritarian action like this.”

Miles said that while he doesn’t agree with Paul on everything, the Kentucky Senator “has done a good job of addressing the issues that I care about.” Libertarianism, he added, “is really the only position you can take without tacitly endorsing the system.”

As Paul’s fundraiser was winding down, I met another potential Paul convert, Frank, a teacher from Oakland, California. Frank told me that he used to teach at Oakland’s Fremont High School, but left after 12 years when one of his students was shot and killed and the funeral service was subsequently shot up by gang members.

“That was really just the last straw,” said Frank, who now teaches at a private high school in Hayward, a tony Oakland suburb.

“The difference between the education that kids are getting at Fremont and kids are getting at this private school, it’s just hurtful,” he said. “The government is just pouring money into fixing these schools, but it’s not working.”

Frank, who described himself as a liberal, said that he was curious to meet Paul, and ended up getting into an extended conversation with the senator and his wife, Kelley Paul, about education policy.

“He’s not like a normal politician,” Frank said. “He was genuinely interested in what I had to say. And it sounds like he actually wants to do something to fix education.”

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Rand can attract Democrats and Independents.
    Correct. But better stated as Rand can attract Democrats and Independents while still maintaining the Republican base. No one has been able to do that since Reagan in '80.

^keep dreaming buddy... We like his social policy but as soon as we hear what he is going to do to medicare and social security, its time for the boot...

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    ^keep dreaming buddy... We like his social policy but as soon as we hear what he is going to do to medicare and social security, its time for the boot...
    Medicare, Social Security along with every other form of government welfare needs to be eliminated. While that cannot be done overnight, and could possibly take a generation to wean people off of the system, it needs to be done. No country can survive and thrive long term when nearly 50% of its citizens are dependent upon the government for their survival.

Funny, Rand just addressed people spreading your lies the other day.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Ron Paul, so humble! There's no one better than you Dr. Paul!!!
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Whos "we"?

What is he going to do to medicare and social security? Any links to sources/statements would be helpful.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Medicare, Social Security along with every other form of government welfare needs to be eliminated. While that cannot be done overnight, and could possibly take a generation to wean people off of the system, it needs to be done. No country can survive and thrive long term when nearly 50% of its citizens are dependent upon the government for their survival.
    I know someone who ran on that platform. He received less than 11% of the vote in the Republican Primary. Ron is right when he says Rand is better, at least in terms of politicking. Rand is leading in national polls. This is something Ron has never accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    I know someone who ran on that platform. He received less than 11% of the vote in the Republican Primary. Ron is right when he says Rand is better, at least in terms of politicking. Rand is leading in national polls. This is something Ron has never accomplished.
    Rand isn't better, just more electable on a national level. Ron appealed to a more intellectual group of supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Rand isn't better, just more electable on a national level. Ron appealed to a more intellectual group of supporters.
    Rand is more electable and appeals to intellectuals. A lot of Paul supporters aren't as intellectual as we think.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234