Thread: Being charitable gets you a room at a mental hospital

Being charitable gets you a room at a mental hospital

Richard Wright was brightening the days of dozens of strangers in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) in Canada, by handing out C$50 and C$100 bills. As reported by Metro News , last week Wright was giving cash to different people he encountered in HRM and asking that the recipients, “thank God” for the gift and if they didn’t need the money, to pass it on to someone else. The Prince Edward Island (P.E.I.) Royal Canadian Mounted Police were called to conduct a wellness check on Wright. So, when he was seen driving, officers stopped the generous man. After speaking with him, they felt that Mr. Wright needed “further assessment by a medical health person.”

Mr. Wright’s daughter, Chelsea, called attention to her father’s circumstances when she recently posted a photo of him and said that he had received “unfair” treatment by the hospital and the police. Her father has not been allowed to leave the hospital despite insistence that he is had no mental-health issues. Chelsea explained that her father worked hard to save money and when the family was on vacation in Halifax, he simply decided to share “some extra money” with those in need.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/...225126586.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone not acting normal is means for investigation!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I feel like I'm losing my mind.......
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Do you feel like giving out $$ like the guy in the op? If so, I'll pm you my address.
    The Prince Edward Island (P.E.I.) Royal Canadian Mounted Police were called to conduct a wellness check on Wright.
    Who in the hell calls the police on someone GIVING away money???

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Do you feel like giving out $$ like the guy in the op? If so, I'll pm you my address.

Government hates competition.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

He was giving away his own money.That was his problem right there.

If he was giving other peoples money to strangers,he would get highways and schools named after him.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Reality imitating art. Anyone here ever read Vonnegut's God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater?

Our society is so sick. I just hope it isn't terminal.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Voluntarily giving people money = weird.

Hitting people over the head and taking their money = normal.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Reality imitating art. Anyone here ever read Vonnegut's God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater?

Our society is so sick. I just hope it isn't terminal.
    I have not yet read the book but you got me curious.

The mental health industry is one of their greatest tools to create their ideal society. My contempt for the field cannot be put into proper words to describe how vile I see this arm of government control. It has the ability to whisk off citizens to a jail where the sentence is indefinite and will haunt your record for the rest of your life.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Also, since when can someone simply request a "wellness check" on any random person, and since when do the police or Canadian Mounties conduct those sorts of things?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Government hates competition.
    So... you're saying the government regularly gives money away for free?
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 03-25-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Never fear! The RCMP have a room ready & waiting for you. (Say "Hi!" to Mr. Wright for us ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    So... you're saying the government regularly gives money away for free?
    No way...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why don't you sing us a song, HAL?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

This reminds me of Soviet Union medicine. If you opposed Communism, you were obviously crazy. Now, if you are charitable in the name of God, you're obviously crazy.

This society has become a disease.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.