Thread: Turkish F-16 Shoots Down Syrian Plane, Caught On Live Video

Turkish F-16 Shoots Down Syrian Plane, Caught On Live Video

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/23/2014

Remember this country, the place which about a year ago was supposed to be "Ukraine" in terms of geopolitical escalations:

Well, in the aftermath of what appears a tenuous detente over the Crimea while Putin plans his next step of how to "merge" with east Ukraine as he sets off to rebuild the USSR, Syria just may be set to regain its place at the top of the global geopolitical risk pyramid. Case in point, early this morning, the fragile ceasefire between Syria and Turkey was shatered after a Turkish F- 16 shot down a Syrian plane on Sunday after it crossed into Turkish air space in a border region where Syrian rebels have been battling President Bashar al-Assad's forces.

A photo of the falling plane was caught by twitter:

Reuters reports:

"A Syrian plane violated our airspace," Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan told an election rally of his supporters in northwest Turkey. "Our F-16s took off and hit this plane. Why? Because if you violate my airspace, our slap after this will be hard,"

The rebels have been fighting for control of the Kasab crossing, the border region, since Friday, when they launched an offensive which Syrian authorities say was backed by Turkey's military.

Syria said Turkish air defenses shot down the jet while it was attacking rebel forces inside Syrian territory, calling the move a "blatant aggression".

State television quoted a military source as saying the pilot managed to eject from the plane. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said initial reports from the area said the plane came down on the Syrian side of the border.

Al Manar, the television station of Assad's Lebanese ally Hezbollah, said two rockets had been fired from Turkish territory at the Syrian jet.
    Amazingly, here is a clip of a live broadcast by HaberTurk which appears to have caught the moment of the plane's crash live on video.

continued with video...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...n-syrian-plane
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you check out the video at the link?

It seemed awfully odd the camera work that is taking place when the captured the crash. I've never seen anything like it and with in excited anouncer that happened to be standing there with a microphone.

It might make some sense if I could understand what they were saying...

or had the blonds phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Did you check out the video at the link?

It seemed awfully odd the camera work that is taking place when the captured the crash. I've never seen anything like it and with in excited anouncer that happened to be standing there with a microphone.

It might make some sense if I could understand what they were saying...

or had the blonds phone number.
    I have no idea what he was saying. You couldn't really see anything until the cloud of smoke, but you can bet the reporter could hear what the jets were doing.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have no idea what he was saying. You couldn't really see anything until the cloud of smoke, but you can bet the reporter could hear what the jets were doing.
    I sort of picture a jet following another jet, firing a missile, the other is hit and drops out of the sky. I'm thinking it would be hardly enough time to set up and start filming in time to catch it crashing right where your pointing and scanning with the camera. Maybe that's the way it happened though.

Anyway it looks like it is going to be a busy year at home and abroad.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Video: Turkey Shoots Down Syrian Fighter Jet, What the Media Isn’t Telling You

Read more: http://benswann.com/video-turkey-sho...#ixzz2x68qZuDS
    Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter
    "The Patriarch"

Christians, Armenians & Kurds are being killed by Al-Queda types, spilling in from Turkey & having F16's cover for them.

It's sickening.

State sponsored terrorism = NATO/OTAN
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I sort of picture a jet following another jet, firing a missile, the other is hit and drops out of the sky. I'm thinking it would be hardly enough time to set up and start filming in time to catch it crashing right where your pointing and scanning with the camera. Maybe that's the way it happened though.

Anyway it looks like it is going to be a busy year at home and abroad.
    Weeeeeellll if it was shot down by an F-16 that's not necessarily how it looks. F-16s are known for extreme long distance fire and forget kills. There is a good chance that the F-16 was never in visual or audible range at all. That's actually the reason I went to go look at the video. My first thought was..."An F-16 in a.....real dogfight? WHUUUT?" I wanted to see it. F-16's are supposed to be some of the best dogfighters on the planet, BUT because of their advanced missile systems they only time they ever actually dogfight is in training.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Weeeeeellll if it was shot down by an F-16 that's not necessarily how it looks. F-16s are known for extreme long distance fire and forget kills. There is a good chance that the F-16 was never in visual or audible range at all. That's actually the reason I went to go look at the video. My first thought was..."An F-16 in a.....real dogfight? WHUUUT?" I wanted to see it. F-16's are supposed to be some of the best dogfighters on the planet, BUT because of their advanced missile systems they only time they ever actually dogfight is in training.
    Gunny, there's a bit more data on the story over on F-16.net.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4844.html

. While one of the MiGs turned back to Syria after the pilots were warned by the Turkish Air Force, the other Syrian plane did not comply. It continued to fly for a distance of one and a half kilometers into Turkish airspace before “one of our F-16 planes on patrol fired a[n AIM-9 Sidewinder] missile to the Syrian plane in line with the rules of engagement at 1314h,” the Turkish military said.
    1.5 km inside the border given a cruising speed of about 1200 km/hr for a Mig-23 then the Turkish pilot could have loosed the Sidewinder about five seconds after the border was crossed. It's also interesting the the Mig went down in Syria. The Sidewinder must have been in semi active mode so that the Mig pilot got a radar alarm and turned tail.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

1.5 km inside the border given a cruising speed of about 1200 km/hr for a Mig-23 then the Turkish pilot could have loosed the Sidewinder about five seconds after the border was crossed. It's also interesting the the Mig went down in Syria. The Sidewinder must have been in semi active mode so that the Mig pilot got a radar alarm and turned tail.

XNN
    Perhaps it was never inside the Turkish border at all.
    just near the border,,where the fighting was.

of course,, that would mean that Turkey is lying.. and they wouldn't do that..

Would they?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Pro...40327-815.html
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Gunny, there's a bit more data on the story over on F-16.net.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4844.html

XNN
    The Sidewinder is a "heat-seeking" missile (i.e. it uses infrared homing). Any "alarm" would come from the F-16 radar.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Where is any Liberty Congressman/Senator calling Turkey out for allowing Blood Thirsty Islamists pouring in to Syria to kill/rape & steal?

"Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens....Lenin was certainly right....The process (of inflation) engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."- John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Where is any Liberty Congressman/Senator calling Turkey out for allowing Blood Thirsty Islamists pouring in to Syria to kill/rape & steal?
    Someone being a liberty congressman pretty much presupposes that they don't much care what other countries do so long as it doesn't directly affect the United States.

"Someone being a liberty congressman pretty much presupposes that they don't much care what other countries do so long as it doesn't directly affect the United States."

That's kinda bull$#@! & it's supposed to be Liberty for all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gunny Freedom NC,

Countless US Officials have recently testified that Al-Queda is brewing inside Syria & is a very serious threat to USA.

"Someone being a liberty congressman pretty much presupposes that they don't much care what other countries do so long as it doesn't directly affect the United States."

That's kinda bull$#@! & it's supposed to be Liberty for all.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to conquer the planet militarily and so deliver freedom to the people of the world at the point of a gun. There is not much difference between that and the Crusades trying to deliver the Gospel at the point of a sword. It does not work, and it only corrupts the aggressor into the very thing they believe they are fighting again.

Gunny Freedom NC,

Countless US Officials have recently testified that Al-Queda is brewing inside Syria & is a very serious threat to USA.
    Because they are all such great swimmers?

I might have you confused with another poster, Are you a serious local elected official?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/26/wo...-say.html?_r=0

Al Queda faction in Syria contemplates US ATTACK, intelligent offfical warns:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ligence-threat

Someone being a liberty congressman pretty much presupposes that they don't much care what other countries do so long as it doesn't directly affect the United States.
    I usually agree with your posts but I have to disagree a little of this. Can someone at least call out the terrorist in Chief for trying to arm them with anti aircraft rockets. I know Justin Amash is a Syrian American and he still has some family in Syria. Can he not at least ask that the US not fuel the fighting by continuing to arm these terrorists?

You can voice your opinion without demanding that the country take action and stop the fighting.

I might have you confused with another poster, Are you a serious local elected official?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/26/wo...-say.html?_r=0
    Why do you ask, is it because I refuse to fearmonger and lie the way you are accustomed to elected people acting?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I usually agree with your posts but I have to disagree a little of this. Can someone at least call out the terrorist in Chief for trying to arm them with anti aircraft rockets. I know Justin Amash is a Syrian American and he still has some family in Syria. Can he not at least ask that the US not fuel the fighting by continuing to arm these terrorists?

You can voice your opinion without demanding that the country take action and stop the fighting.
    I was not aware that Justin Amash supported the US Arming Syrians.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was not aware that Justin Amash supported the US Arming Syrians.
    Not exactly what I meant but he most likely knows the US is arming them and are about to up the ante with anti aircraft rockets. The news is all over yahoo news. He can use his position in the house of representative to speak up about it, use his voice to let ordinary Americans know what the Obama administration is doing and he will be helping the liberty movement without spending a dime.

I'm also not asking for the Marines to invade, just some honest sunshine & vocal disagreement on our Foreign Policy in Syria.