View Poll Results: Do you support Rand Paul for presdient?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 86.30%
  • No

5 6.85%
  • Undecided

5 6.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you support Rand Paul for president?

Do you support Rand Paul for president?

Been a couple of anti Rand threads lately and it's been a while since this sort of poll was taken, so I just wanted to take the pulse of RPF as far as whether or not you support Rand Paul for president.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, and I will likely volunteer for the Rand Paul campaign.
    Stop believing stupid things

As far as I know, Kelly has not yet given him permission to run for the office in question. I'll decide at that point. I do support what he is doing in the Senate though: kicking ass and making them take names.

Is he running?

and who are the other choices in the field?

At this point I am not even sure of an "election" at all.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Where is the ABSOLUTELY! option?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Yeah, cause causing yet another fight around here is always productive right?
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Yes, but not enthusiastically. And I'm getting more and more sick of politics, so I doubt I'll campaign.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Absolutely !!! I won't stop until I see a Paul in the White House.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, and if you do not support Rand you are either a communist or a member of al-qaeda and should be sent to Guantanamo Bay.

A libertarian that does not support Rand is no different from anyone else on the left or right that does not support Rand and should be treated in the exact same way.

The purists do not deserve to be put on a pedestal above Peter King, Al Sharpton et al.

How many times has this been polled here?

I was going to support him, but I'm going to endorse Mitt Romney instead.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Start building your resume to retain RPF membership early!

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    How many times has this been polled here?
    By Rocco or a total?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    A libertarian that does not support Rand is no different from anyone else on the left or right that does not support Rand and should be treated in the exact same way.

The purists do not deserve to be put on a pedestal above Peter King, Al Sharpton et al.
    I'm hoping you aren't serious here. Even from a strategy perspective, these libertarians are far better than the average voter. They 1) Have other things they are doing to promote liberty besides voting. Considering one vote is almost meaningless, this is actually really important. 2) Will not be voting for an opponent of Rand that could actually beat him. If it was Rand versus Hillary, for example, and these libertarians voted for the Libertarian or not at all, they would clearly be better for Rand than a Hillary voter.

As for Peter King and Al Sharpton, that is way too far. How many of these libertarians voted for the 2012 NDAA? How many voted for bailing out GM and Chrysler? How many voted to make the Patriot Act permanent? I could go on for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    I'm hoping you aren't serious here. Even from a strategy perspective, these libertarians are far better than the average voter. They 1) Have other things they are doing to promote liberty besides voting. Considering one vote is almost meaningless, this is actually really important. 2) Will not be voting for an opponent of Rand that could actually beat him. If it was Rand versus Hillary, for example, and these libertarians voted for the Libertarian or not at all, they would clearly be better for Rand than a Hillary voter.

As for Peter King and Al Sharpton, that is way too far. How many of these libertarians voted for the 2012 NDAA? How many voted for bailing out GM and Chrysler? How many voted to make the Patriot Act permanent? I could go on for ages.
    Its people like Compromise that make me seriously consider writing in Laurence Vance out of spite
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Where is the ABSOLUTELY! option?
    Right next to NO ONE BUT PAUL.

I voted no because Rand Paul is not his father.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Its people like Compromise that make me seriously consider writing in Laurence Vance out of spite
    Haha That's a great point - I'm not sure what comparing libertarians that won't vote for Rand to Peter King accomplishes, besides pushing these people off. Pushing away a potential voter is just as big of a deal as one libertarian deciding not to vote.

I do like that he is promoting ideas across the political divide. Going where republicans don't normally go.

I also don't think the democrats and independents are going to be fooled. But because of his outreach, maybe, just maybe they will take a look across the isle at who is running.

If the right person(s) will step up in the right places, maybe they will get a chance to be heard that would not otherwise be heard by those that Rand is reaching out to.

Crazier things have happened.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

It's early. We'll see. Undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    I'm hoping you aren't serious here.
    He is very serious, I'm afraid.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I was going to support him, but I'm going to endorse Mitt Romney instead.
    I hope you'll at least wait until Rand Paul announces he's suspending his campaign, as Ron Paul did in early May 2012, and Romney has become the presumptive nominee, as Romney did after winning Texas on May 29, 2012, before doing such a thing. Remember, Rand Paul waited until after all that, endorsing Romney in June of that year.

Though it is hard to imagine Romney getting that far again.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I hope you'll at least wait until Rand Paul announces he's suspending his campaign
    Yeah, I'm familiar with this particular outright lie that you guys like to trot out every time it comes up.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I'm familiar with this particular outright lie that you guys like to trot out every time it comes up.
    Even if that is false, Rand clearly did campaign for Ron through the entire 2007-2008 campaign, and then during a large part of the 2011-2012 campaign (and the part that mattered most, early on, before Iowa and NH).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Pau...campaign,_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    On May 14, 2012, Paul announced that he would end active campaigning.
    Not sure in what fantasy world one would have to live in to think Ron Paul was still a for-real presidential candidate in June 2012.

Yes and hope to be much more active.

Only wish I had found these forums sooner.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Dupe.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Another one of these? It's getting to be a weekly thing.

Rand plays politics and I absolutely hate it. I suppose you have to do that though when you have a stupid and/or disinterested public. I just put undecided because I'm not sure if I'll be out campaigning or whatever. A lot can happen in until the actual race starts. I'll more than likely vote for him in the primaries. I really don't think much of voting anyways. If he goes further than that I will in the general as well, probably.

Rand just doesn't bring the same enthusiasm that Ron brought to me. I'll probably support him in hopes that beneath all the political pandering there will be some awesome stuff when he gets in office. If he up and pulls a Reagan then he will just be dead to me. I won't ever try to defend positions or actions of his I disagree with if he is president.

It is fine to work on electing him and etc... But don't forget your roots/true views in the mess of the electoral process. We work to advance principles, not men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast