Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New ‘Star Wars’ Set 30 Years After ‘Jedi’

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Not at all.
    My kid goes ape $#@! for Harry Potter. The exact same way that I used to for Star Wars.
    I'll sit down and watch the HP movies with her, because................. they don't suck.
    All I know is my 4yr old loves the newer star wars trilogy (#2 is his favorite) and I don't mind watching em either and jarjar cracks him up.

I've been donning a darth vader mask recently and practicing light saber fighting with him; he's psyched to go down to Disney and fight the real vader.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...ining-academy/

Vader shows up @7:15
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-28-2014 at 12:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    All I know is my 4yr old loves the newer star wars trilogy (#2 is his favorite) and I don't mind watching em either and jarjar cracks him up.

I've been donning a darth vader mask recently and practicing light saber fighting with him; he's psyched to go down to Disney and fight the real vader.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...ining-academy/
    Cool! Y'all are going to have a great time. My #2 son used to love JarJar and Chewbacca.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And you know what the biggest mystery of all is?
    How the everliving hell Lucas got the whole thing started out of watching Hidden Fortress.

List of similarities: There's a princess in both films. End of list.

It's like he had one gigantic creativity orgasm in 1976 and then could never get it up afterward.
    This is very true. It was a huge gamble to hire a cast of complete unknowns, and pretty much dump the entire budget into special effects and sets. It also came at a time when the trend for sci-fi movies had long passed, and very few of them were being made. Think of how much impact the original movie had on movies, television, and pop culture in general. A classic, for sure. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out - my parents took me, and I thought it would be dumb, but instead it blew me away. None of the spinoffs or imitations ever compared to the original movie.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

i want one that is between return of the jedi and the last one, and showing like 80% darth vader.

Not at all.
    My kid goes ape $#@! for Harry Potter. The exact same way that I used to for Star Wars.
    I'll sit down and watch the HP movies with her, because................. they don't suck.
    We watch Adventure Time, Samurai Jack, Sgt. Frog, anything by Miyazaki.... hell, I'll even watch MLPFIM with her once in a while, though I take great pride in still not knowing any of their names.
    But they're all objectively good.
    You can say "You know I just don't get the jokes on Adventure Time" and that's a valid criticism, and a matter of taste.
    You CAN'T say "You know Adventure Time has crappy dialogue and a garbled storyline and really only carries itself with visuals".

We have a media glut these days the likes of which I couldn't have dreamed of as a kid.
    I used to race home to watch Voltron of all things. Have you seen that as an adult? It made me embarrassed that I ever spoke ill of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

We can watch whatever we want whenever we want.
    And as the market has opened WAY up, I'm applying a much higher standard to what I watch.
    This^^ Voltron and Transformers FTW. Aspiring writers/producers/directors should watch classics like those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I like 'em all, the only thing that really annoyed me was the actor that played Anakin Skywalker (the adult), he was pretty bad but I pretty much enjoyed the whole series, even Jar Jar.

This has the convenient effect of making the original actors right about the correct ages....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    LOL. Okay. I remember when this came out there were all these complaints about jar jar being a caricature of black people. And now I find out the motion capture actor actually was black. Who'd a thunk it?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I credit George Lucas for singlehandedly forcing me to accept adulthood.
    I had the Underoos. I still have an ESB back Boba Fett in packaging, along with others.
    I talked about Luke and Leia as if they were next door neighbors.
    I got tickets for the first showing of Episode I.

Then, the fourth time I was sitting in the theater watching it, the fifth stage of grief finally kicked in, and I muttered to myself... "This sucks."

A very good, very old friend (we were each other's best men) convinced me to see Episode II, claiming it wasn't that bad.
    I've only seen it once.

Then I watched the Clone Wars cartoon. And I realized that Samurai Jack with Star Wars characters was still better than anything Lucas could do.

I have never seen Episode III. And I never will.

I'll probably go see Episode VII, but only because Abrams can actually do dialogue and keep a coherent plot going.
    Though I'm not taking the kids, and I'm extremely skeptical. And the reason is, I'm also a former Trekkie.

Abrams did a really thorough job paying homage to the original Trek.
    Note that I didn't say "good", I said "thorough".
    Too thorough.
    He ended up also importing a good bit of the hackneyed crap that snuck in after Roddenberry died.

Though I don't know why I even hold out hope.... all of the "Lucas has lost his $#@!ing mind" stuff is going to be in there, and we only have to look at box office receipts to prove it, since Episode I made over a billion dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    Episode III isn't that bad. It's easily the best of the new ones, granted that bar is set extremely low. Good fight scenes and effects.
    Yeah, I'd advise seeing it at least once. Its not my favorite star wars movie, but I think its a lot better than I or II.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    tears running down my face.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The first, which would become Episode IV, practically became a sitter for me in '77. My folks would drop me off at the theater for the matinee and I would sit through three showings. I think I've seen it around 80 times.

It could be awesome if the new SW movies weren't targeted towards the kids of today and instead were targeted towards adults.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    It could be awesome if the new SW movies weren't targeted towards the kids of today and instead were targeted towards adults.
    This^^
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I credit George Lucas for singlehandedly forcing me to accept adulthood.
    I had the Underoos. I still have an ESB back Boba Fett in packaging, along with others.
    I talked about Luke and Leia as if they were next door neighbors.
    I got tickets for the first showing of Episode I.

Then, the fourth time I was sitting in the theater watching it, the fifth stage of grief finally kicked in, and I muttered to myself... "This sucks."

A very good, very old friend (we were each other's best men) convinced me to see Episode II, claiming it wasn't that bad.
    I've only seen it once.

Then I watched the Clone Wars cartoon. And I realized that Samurai Jack with Star Wars characters was still better than anything Lucas could do.

I have never seen Episode III. And I never will.

I'll probably go see Episode VII, but only because Abrams can actually do dialogue and keep a coherent plot going.
    Though I'm not taking the kids, and I'm extremely skeptical. And the reason is, I'm also a former Trekkie.

Abrams did a really thorough job paying homage to the original Trek.
    Note that I didn't say "good", I said "thorough".
    Too thorough.
    He ended up also importing a good bit of the hackneyed crap that snuck in after Roddenberry died.

Though I don't know why I even hold out hope.... all of the "Lucas has lost his $#@!ing mind" stuff is going to be in there, and we only have to look at box office receipts to prove it, since Episode I made over a billion dollars.
    do yourself a favor and watch ep3. it is the better of the 3 new ones. but the best part is the last 10 minutes. i wont say what happens, but when a certain figure emerges during the last few minutes, i literally got chills! no movie has ever done that to me, but the last few minutes did. it makes the older ones we grew up with have more meaning.

I like 'em all, the only thing that really annoyed me was the actor that played Anakin Skywalker (the adult), he was pretty bad but I pretty much enjoyed the whole series, even Jar Jar.
    Jar Jar is muh bud.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Best Opening Scene Ever.

$#@! a bunch of CGI.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best Opening Scene Ever.

$#@! a bunch of CGI.

+rep Throw teh CGI in the woods!

Cool new lightsaber. I've noticed the villains have the best lightsabers.

George Lucas Special Edition:

LOL!

I like the new lightsaber but some people have been hatin' on it, Stephen Colbert sets 'em straight. Yay!

Lol, I'm not a fan of the new light saber, but I'm more of a traditionalist that way. Nothing ruined however. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Lol, I'm not a fan of the new light saber, but I'm more of a traditionalist that way. Nothing ruined however. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

I love it. I also loved Darth Maul's light saber. I think they need to mix 'em up or it gets boring.

Well, if the reality is that everyone builds their own from flotsam jetsam and such, then you would expect them to be all different. Submerging myself into the universe, as a practical matter I would want my split beams to face the enemy at 45°.

From what I hear, The Incredibles was only the great movie it was because of their extremely charismatic director, who basically carried the entire thing himself, dipping his fingers into storyboarding, writing, set design, graphics, even acting (he was the voice of Dee). He basically WAS that movie, the way people talk about it, it was an extremely special on set relationship between everybody carried almost entirely by his powerful personality.

And from what I hear, he absolutely refused to make a sequel, which is why they never made one. I forget the reason why, but if they've got him back it will probably be amazing. Otherwise I'll bet it will be a dud.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    From what I hear, The Incredibles was only the great movie it was because of their extremely charismatic director, who basically carried the entire thing himself, dipping his fingers into storyboarding, writing, set design, graphics, even acting (he was the voice of Dee). He basically WAS that movie, the way people talk about it, it was an extremely special on set relationship between everybody carried almost entirely by his powerful personality.

And from what I hear, he absolutely refused to make a sequel, which is why they never made one. I forget the reason why, but if they've got him back it will probably be amazing. Otherwise I'll bet it will be a dud.
    The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies.

The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies.
    From Wikipedia:
    In 2004, when Disney owned sequel rights, Disney announced plans to make sequels for The Incredibles and Finding Nemo without Pixar involvement. Those plans were subsequently scrapped.[63]

When Disney acquired Pixar in 2006, the expectation of Disney was that Pixar would create more sequels and bankable franchises. Director Brad Bird stated in 2007 that he was open to the idea of a sequel if he could come up with an idea superior to the original film: "I have pieces that I think are good, but I don't have them all together," Bird said.[64]

During an interview in May 2013, Bird reiterated his interest in making a sequel. "I have been thinking about it. People think that I have not been, but I have. Because I love those characters and love that world," said Bird. "I am stroking my chin and scratching my head. I have many, many elements that I think would work really well in another Incredibles film, and if I can get ‘em to click all together, I would probably wanna do that."[65]

At the Disney shareholders meeting in March 2014, Disney CEO and chairman Bob Iger confirmed that Pixar is working on another The Incredibles film, with Bird returning as writer.[26][66] Later that month, Samuel L. Jackson told Digital Spy that he would likely reprise his role as Frozone in the sequel.[67]
    Don't worry ok, it'll probably be really good

Oh yeah and here's the behind the scenes if you wanted to see what I meant by the group dynamic and the director.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 12-02-2014 at 08:11 PM.

LOL!

I like the new lightsaber but some people have been hatin' on it, Stephen Colbert sets 'em straight. Yay!

I know he's being smartass, but he's probably right. Those short beams seem to have the same function as the Japanese tsuba or those guards on European broadswords.

58 lol

I actually get an abnormal amount of 7's 14's and 21's and no I don't try. I noticed it first on Usenet in my timestamps. I noticed that the "better I was doing" at presenting my argument/message/Gospel on Christian Usenet, these crazy patterns would show up in the timestamps threadnumbers and post orders and such. Like I make some explosive point and the seconds were going to be 80% likely divisible by 7. I never cultivated it it just was, it was weird, and now I kinda "look for 7's" as a kind of signpost to tell me "I'm on."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast