Thread: Christie proposes taxing e-cigarettes at same rate as regular cigarettes

Christie proposes taxing e-cigarettes at same rate as regular cigarettes

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey -- Cash-strapped New Jersey is leading the charge against e-cigarettes, with Governor Chris Christie and state legislators proposing high taxes that could propel sales into the black market and diminish the state's tax intake.

Fox News reports that the booming, currently still unregulated e-cigarette industry is enticing a number of states to propose new taxes to cover for the sales. While the health effects of e-cigarettes are still not fully known, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claim that e-cigarettes have “far fewer of the toxins found in smoke compared to traditional cigarettes," and many individuals suggest that they have been able to stop smoking cigarettes by switching to this nicotine-providing alternative. One study found that e-cigarettes are as effective as nicotine patches in helping smokers quit.
    cont.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...For-New-Jersey

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol tax it the same and people will go back to regular smokes.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Lol tax it the same and people will go back to regular smokes.
    Aint that the point? Taxing cigs was never about health concerns but stealing more money. They are clearly hurting now.

I've been using a 0mg (i.e. no nicotine) e-cigarette in conjunction with a nicotine patch. I'll smoke maybe half a pack per week as opposed to two packs per day.

I should just start snorting cocaine, like our Presidents do.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I've been using a 0mg (i.e. no nicotine) e-cigarette in conjunction with a nicotine patch. I'll smoke maybe half a pack per week as opposed to two packs per day.

See? It all worked out in the end. Happy travels.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post

Well... I'll vote for you if you run for President.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Well... I'll vote for you if you run for President.
    And with a single post, a presidential campaign begins.

"Don't be a Knob Noster. Vote for Philip Foster!"
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon