Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm starting the 3-day Apple Cleanse this Wednesday (3/12). Want to join me?

Okay, I'm in.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yay!

There's still time to join in the "fun", the Apple Cleanse doesn't start until tomorrow.

Cleansers
    Lucille
    Spikender
    Deborah K
    And
    Me

Cheering Section

Root (bacon)
    Donny (fair food)

Special thanks to Acala for giving up the use of all Apple products and an Honorable Mention to presence for being such an avid apple eater - it doesn't sound like he needs a cleanse.

I blew it already! I don't feel well today. I hope to start tomorrow.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I blew it already! I don't feel well today. I hope to start tomorrow.

Feel better soon.

I've had 2 cups of black coffee, an apple, and 2 glasses of water.

Go Suz gooooooo! Rah-Rah!

Lucille hope you feel better soon!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Get well, Lucille.

I'm starting this now since I work overnight. Hope the apples give me the energy to survive the usual graveyard shift... I made it earlier this year, so time to see if I can do it again!

Good luck to the rest of y'all doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Go Applejack!

I've had 2 apples and a lot of water. I feel fine. Oh and 2 cups of black coffee, I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Get well, Lucille.

I'm starting this now since I work overnight. Hope the apples give me the energy to survive the usual graveyard shift... I made it earlier this year, so time to see if I can do it again!

Good luck to the rest of y'all doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Go Applejack!

I've had 2 apples and a lot of water. I feel fine. Oh and 2 cups of black coffee, I forgot about that.
    Woooo!

Gonna start on my first juicy apple now. Feels good to be doing this again, I remember after I finished the cleanse the first time I felt great afterwards. Can't wait to get that feeling in my system again. Might have to get some coffee myself to get through my shift in a few hours! Much better than the usual Monster energy drinks I wolf down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Day 1: 2 apples, 2 cups of black coffee, water

Felt great all day, took a detox bath, slept like a baby,and woke up feeling refreshed. I had a cup of black coffee and a glass of water then I went for my run. I had an apple and another few bottles of water when I got home. I think I'm going to have some cinnamon on an apple for dinner.

Keeping busy on the second day helps...I found the second day to be the hardest. Keep up the good work!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Nice. I'm gonna have an apple with my lunch just to support everyone.

Lucille? How are ya hon?

Day One (yesterday): 3 apples, 4x16 oz of water, 1 8oz glass of Bolthouse Green Goodness, and all my usual supplements. Did fine until I had to make dinner, then I started feeling weak and deprived, what a baby, but I stuck it out. Had to take Excedrin Migraine for the caffeine withdrawal in the morning. And I took 1 Excedrin with sleep aid last night. I had mild stomach cramping in the evening, similar to the last time I did this.

Sidebar: I hastily committed to this and forgot that I had juiced a couple of gallons of fruits and veggies for Mark and I this week, and had made dinner plans with friends for tonight. I also bought a gallon of raw milk earlier in the week. I chalk this up to old age. hah... So, I froze the milk, as well as one of the gallons of juice, and postponed the dinner plans until next week.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Felt great all day, took a detox bath, slept like a baby,and woke up feeling refreshed. I had a cup of black coffee and a glass of water then I went for my run. I had an apple and another few bottles of water when I got home. I think I'm going to have some cinnamon on an apple for dinner.

Go girl!!!!

What's a detox bath?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Go girl!!!!
    Back at ya!

Just think of how good you're gonna feel when this is over.

I have an embarrassing question. Are you suppose to poop when you're doing this cleanse? Cuz, I haven't done anything since day before yesterday. I'm not uncomfortable or anything, I just thought this was suppose to make you poop a lot.

What's a detox bath?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...som-Salt-Baths

//
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am sick and jealous, thanks for asking! You all are being cleansed and will be feeling great and looking gorgeous, and here I sit stewing in toxins, hacking like I have consumption. I hope I'm better next week.

No, it doesn't really make you poop a lot. I had normal movements, but I knew it worked when I wasn't pooping just apples on Day 3.

Deb, you can drink black coffee!
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-01-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I am sick and jealous, thanks for asking! You all are being cleansed and will be feeling great and looking gorgeous, and here I sit stewing in toxins, hacking like I have consumption. I hope I'm better next week.
    Blessings be upon you. May the Lord heal you quickly!

Back at ya!

I have an embarrassing question. Are you suppose to poop when you're doing this cleanse? Cuz, I haven't done anything since day before yesterday. I'm not uncomfortable or anything, I just thought this was suppose to make you poop a lot.

Let's just say, every fast I've tried makes me irregular. Not sure why that is.

No, it doesn't really make you poop a lot. I had normal movements, but I knew it worked when I wasn't pooping just apples on Day 3.

Deb, you can drink black coffee!

We'll do it together next week.

I'll keep you in my prayers. Godspeed.

Back at ya!

Make sure you drink lots of purified water.

Back at ya!

How many apples did you eat on day 2? It sounded like you only had 2 apples on day one, which is ok if that's all you felt like having, but I would think more apples would push more out of your system, maybe it will take a couple days.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Back at ya!

The answer is no! I also thought I'd be making several trips a day to the restroom when I did the fast. But no, I didn't make a bowel movement until the third day, and that was a small one.

Good luck, and keep up the good work!

Day 2: 2 apples, 1 cup of coffee and lots of water

I'm not hungry but when I went to get an apple out of the fridge for dinner I think I heard that box of Franzia Chillable Red say, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by goRPaul View Post
    The answer is no! I also thought I'd be making several trips a day to the restroom when I did the fast. But no, I didn't make a bowel movement until the third day, and that was a small one.

Good luck, and keep up the good work!
    Thanks, good to know. I was gonna be bummed if I ate nothing but apples for three days and didn't end up cleansed.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Day 2: 2 apples, 1 cup of coffee and lots of water

I'm not hungry but when I went to get an apple out of the fridge for dinner I think I heard that box of Franzia Chillable Red say, wtf?

Thanks, good to know. I was gonna be bummed if I ate nothing but apples for three days and didn't end up cleansed.

If you want to do a relatively easy, simple fast that really clears out the toxins pretty quickly this is the fast for you!

Edgar Cayce recommended 3 day Apple Fasts to hundreds of people to 'cleanse all toxic forces from any body' and said that fasting is one of the most effective ways of preventing disease. He himself fasted on apples for 3 days three times a year.

This Apple Fast provides not only the benefits of the malic acid in apples, but also gives you large amounts of natural pectin fiber to cleanse the intestinal tract. The pectin leeches toxins from the blood stream and intestines and will leech anything with food value so do not eat anything else and do not take vitamins at this time. (Edgar Cayce suggests 3 week breaks from vitamins anyway so that your body doesn't become dependent on them and stop making it's own vitamins)

It's called a fast because, by eating only apples, the body is fooled into a fasting mode, where it starts dumping toxins from the liver, kidneys, and other internal organs, into the bloodstream, where they can be leeched by the pectin.

Be sure to drink lots of warm water so that the toxins can be carried out of you more rapidly.

It is very simple:

1. Eat only organic apples all day long.

I buy as many different varieties as I can to mix things up a bit and I usuallly eat 4 to 10 apples depending on my hunger. Don't worry about how many you eat. When you're feeling hungry simply eat an apple and your hunger subsides. I like to cut my apples into quarters and core them...much nicer!

2. Drink warm water all day long.

This is key! I always fill up a glass wine bottle with half cold water and then half boiling water and keep it with me or near me whenever I'm at home. Just get into the habit of drinking warm water. Cold water isn't good for digestion and elimination - but warm water stimulates peristalsis.

3. Do this for 3 days.

4. On the night of the third night take 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

This was Edgar Cayce's idea way back when (before Hulda Clark made liver flushes popular) and is based on the same principle as the liver flushes that are popular now. When you don't eat any fat for days, your liver and gallbladder store up bile. When you flood your system with fat (olive oil) all at once like that - your gallbladder and liver release all the stored bile and push out the cholesterol stones that have formed.

Note: pay attention to how you feel during this fast and what part of your body (if any) feels achy. Toxins are releasing! Be kind to yourself during the fast. Let any emotions that have been pent up be leeched out of you along with all the other toxins. Let it all go, let it all out...

I suggest keeping a journal during the fast to see what bubbles up and needs your attention. Remember that you are cleansing yourself of all unwanted toxins: emotional, mental and physical.
    http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Body_Apple_Fast.html

Day Three (so far): Pot of black coffee, 4 water bottles and an apple (this was a big apple)

I thought I was breezing through Day 2 but I started having an intense craving for cheese last night so I went to bed early, around 8:30. Unfortunately, I woke up around 3:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I drank a pot of black coffee, 2 water bottles, and went for a run when the sun came up. I ended up only doing a mile because I got really dizzy. So I came home, drank more water, and ate an apple. The dizziness is gone now but I feel tired, achy, and a little geeked from all the coffee this morning. I have to say, I'm surprised I haven't felt hungry on this cleanse.

I suggest keeping a journal during the fast to see what bubbles up and needs your attention. Remember that you are cleansing yourself of all unwanted toxins: emotional, mental and physical.
    Ha! Nope, all that emotional toxin is contained, ain't no way I'm opening that Pandora's Box.

Apples really are filling! That is a lot of coffee. LOL You shouldn't be running either! No wonder you felt dizzy. You're supposed to take it easy, rest, and mediate (if you're into that).

You're almost there! Don't forget your olive oil tonight, and eat light and bland tomorrow.

Donnay, is next Tues. good for you?
    --Albert J. Nock

Apples really are filling! That is a lot of coffee.
    I feel like Tweek from South Park.

LOL You shouldn't be running either! No wonder you felt dizzy. You're supposed to take it easy, rest, and mediate (if you're into that).
    Ah, I just kind of skimmed the directions.

You're almost there! Don't forget your olive oil tonight, and eat light and bland tomorrow.
    Can I do Coconut oil or is Olive a requirement?

LOL

And sorry but nope! A few tablespoons of organic olive oil is what he called for.
    --Albert J. Nock

Apples really are filling! That is a lot of coffee. LOL You shouldn't be running either! No wonder you felt dizzy. You're supposed to take it easy, rest, and mediate (if you're into that).

Donnay, is next Tues. good for you?

Wednesday would work better. Tuesday I am in Beantown all day.
    Last edited by donnay; 10-02-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast