Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm starting the 3-day Apple Cleanse this Wednesday (3/12). Want to join me?

I'm starting the 3-day Apple Cleanse this Wednesday (3/12). Want to join me?

Watch me deny myself and detox here.

If anyone wants to join me, come along! (Deborah said she might, but it's probably a little soon.)

Diet is as follows:

• Eat as many early, organic apples as you want for three days.
    • Drink lots of water (I'm going with warm).
    • At the end of day three, take 2-3T organic, cold-pressed olive oil (to flush out the toxins that the pectin leeched).
    • Eat light and bland the next day.

And done.

They say it really cleans you out. I did happen to notice that in Deborah's cleanse thread, there was more discussion about her elimination than anything (and LOL). So if you're looking for that kind of cleanse, plus a detox, then this is the way to go.

I hope you know you'll all be jealous on Sat. morning when I'm done and feel fabulous, and you're stewing in your toxins still because you didn't have the will power to do it with me.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's an interesting diet, and that Edgar Cayce brought it up makes it even more compelling. I think I just might try it! I've been wondering about a simple and effective way to cleanse my body for a while now.

How many apples could/would I eat in three days? 15? 30? With the right apples, I think it'll work pretty well. I'll let you know tomorrow if I get the right stuff to start this ambitious diet!

Watch out.

Apples will have you flowing pretty free for a few days. Then your body revolts, changes the chemistry and will block you up solid.

My toxins?????

They're all I got.

P.S. If all your eating is apples you may not make it for a few days.

I'm already fasting for Lent. I beat ya to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Watch me deny myself and detox here.

If anyone wants to join me, come along! (Deborah said she might, but it's probably a little soon.)

Diet is as follows:

• Eat as many early, organic apples as you want for three days.
    • Drink lots of water (I'm going with warm).
    • At the end of day three, take 2-3T organic, cold-pressed olive oil (to flush out the toxins that the pectin leeched).
    • Eat light and bland the next day.

And done.

They say it really cleans you out. I did happen to notice that in Deborah's cleanse thread, there was more discussion about her elimination than anything (and LOL). So if you're looking for that kind of cleanse, plus a detox, then this is the way to go.

I hope you know you'll all be jealous on Sat. morning when I'm done and feel fabulous, and you're stewing in your toxins still because you didn't have the will power to do it with me.
    Sounds good. I may try this next week.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by goRPaul View Post
    That's an interesting diet, and that Edgar Cayce brought it up makes it even more compelling. I think I just might try it! I've been wondering about a simple and effective way to cleanse my body for a while now.

How many apples could/would I eat in three days? 15? 30? With the right apples, I think it'll work pretty well. I'll let you know tomorrow if I get the right stuff to start this ambitious diet!
    Yay! It says eat a minimum of 6. If they're not organic, peel them.

We can have coffee also, but only black.

Here are some excerpts from his readings which describe the raw apple diet:

“No raw apples; or if raw apples are taken, take them and nothing else – three dates of raw apples only, and then olive oil, and we will cleanse all toxic forces from any system! Raw apples are not well unless they are the jenneting variety. Apples cooked, apples roaster, are good.”

“Occasionally – not too often – take the periods for the cleansing of the system with the use of the apple diet; that is: At least for three days – two days or three days – take nothing except apples – raw apples! Of course, coffee may be taken if so desired, but no other foods but the raw apples. And after the last meal of apples of the third day, or upon retiring on that evening following the last meal of apples, drink half a cup of olive oil.”
    I've seen different amounts for the olive oil. I guess I'll try to get the 1/2C down.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Watch out.

Apples will have you flowing pretty free for a few days. Then your body revolts, changes the chemistry and will block you up solid.

My toxins?????

They're all I got.

P.S. If all your eating is apples you may not make it for a few days.
    I hope my body doesn't revolt! It's going to be hard, because I love to eat, but I can do it for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Sounds good. I may try this next week.
    Donnay, no can do tomorrow?

I hope I can find a variety of jenneting apples today.
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-11-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Donnay, no can do tomorrow?

I hope I can find the jenneting apples today.
    This week is sort of hectic for me. I need to do something like this where I can focus and have no distractions.

I also found this info:

Steps for the Apple Fasting Cleanse

1. Purchase apples. Locally grown organic apples are recommended for this fast and Cayce specifically mentioned “jenneting” varieties of apples. These are apples that ripen early in the season like Jonathans, Delicious, Sheepnose, Black Arkansas and Oregon Red.

2. Prior to the first day of the fast, prepare by eating light meals to get your body ready for fasting mode.

3. Then for three days eat nothing but the raw apples. You should also drink plenty of water. Apple juice and black coffee are also allowed.

4. Try to rest and relax during the cleanse, avoiding strenuous work and exercise. Yoga and light stretching is recommended. Mediation and journaling is also beneficial during this time.

5. On the evening of the third day (or on the beginning of the fourth day if your prefer) you will complete the cleanse by ingesting two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. This will stimulate the release of bile from your liver and gallbladder, pushing out any accumulated cholesterol stones. It will also aid bowel movements.

6. After the olive oil, you can break the fast beginning with some orange juice in the morning, followed by a light meal of fruits and vegetables in the afternoon. For dinner, add some light grains.

7. On the next day you can resume your normal routine.

Results and Benefits

Although each person’s journey is unique, many people report favorable results from Cayce’s apple fasting cleanse. Among the benefits are greater vitality and renewed energy, better-looking skin and improved digestion. Many people also mention the mental and emotional benefits like clearer thinking and elevated mood.

With the myriad choices of detox programs on the market, the Cayce apple fast is not only quick and simple; it has stood the test of time for almost one hundred years.

http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/arti...asting-cleanse
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Cayce did it three times a year. Maybe we can do it together another time!

Thanks for that info.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cayce did it three times a year. Maybe we can do it together another time!

Thanks for that info.
    Yeah that would be great to have someone doing it at the same time to compare notes.

Keep us posted.

Good luck, Lucille! And yeah, it's a little early for me yet.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

I'm ready!!

It seems really ambitious, and I'm not quite sure I'll be able to complete it, but I've been wanting to try a good cleanse for a while now and my schedule this week is pretty good for this one. Now I have some questions....

If they're not organic, peel them.
    Do I have to peel all of them? I can peel some, but I want a few with the rind.

3. Then for three days eat nothing but the raw apples. You should also drink plenty of water. Apple juice and black coffee are also allowed.
    Glad to hear coffee is allowed. What about cigarettes?

If they're not organic, then you have to peel them. You can find organic apples!

I was happy about the coffee too. Deborah had headaches on her juice fast and her not drinking coffee is probably why.

Are your cigs American Spirit or another chemical-free organic brand? Cayce smoked, so I assume he smoked during his fasts. He said 5 or 6 cigs a day would never hurt anybody in any case, and I've heard the same from physicians. If you want to quit smoking though, now would be a good time.

Glad you're joining me! Misery loves company.
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-11-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'm already fasting for Lent. I beat ya to it.
    Blessings! I got Cayce's Story of Jesus recently (he was a Gnostic Christian, so I guess you believe that's evil and blasphemous ). Cayce actually recommended you pray and meditate during the fast. Anyways, since you're supposed to take it easy on this fast, I'm going to read it over the next three days.

I suppose it doesn't allow for this kind of apple juice:

Drat.
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

If they're not organic, then you have to peel them. You can find organic apples!

I was happy about the coffee too. Deborah had headaches on her juice fast and her not drinking coffee is probably why.

Are your cigs American Spirit or another chemical-free organic brand? Cayce smoked, so I assume he smoked during his fasts. He said 5 or 6 cigs a day would never hurt anybody in any case, and I've heard the same from physicians. If you want to quit smoking though, now would be a good time.

Glad you're joining me! Misery loves company.
    Kinda hard to find organic apples on a Marine base. I don't have a car so going off base is difficult, I either have to ask for a ride or take the bus. But I'll peel them if it's that important.

I usually smoke Camel but I like American Spirit and I can switch to that with little problem. I only smoke about 3-4 a day so I'm glad that's not a problem.

Well I just had my last meal, and I'll have my first apple before I go to bed tonight. To health!

How are you doing, goRPaul? I'm hungry for meat.

I've had three apples and coffee today so far. I'm kind of weak and shaky, so I guess I had better eat another one here soon, since it feels like my blood sugar is low. I started getting lots of gurgling in my abdomen this afternoon. Nothing else really to report.

I just occurred to me now that don't think I'm drinking enough water.

DS asked me to make him my favorite for lunch-a BLT-which is what I am planning to eat on Saturday. That was hard. LOL (If I could only eat one food every day for the rest of my life, it would be a BLT.) I'm making my men tamales tomorrow to make it easier on me, since I am not a fan, but they love them.
    --Albert J. Nock

I've had three apples and coffee today so far. I'm kind of weak and shaky, so I guess I had better eat another one here soon, since it feels like my blood sugar is low. I started getting lots of gurgling in my abdomen this afternoon. Nothing else really to report.

DS asked me to make him my favorite for lunch-a BLT-which is what I am planning to eat on Saturday. That was hard. LOL (If I could only eat one food every day for the rest of my life, it would be a BLT.) I'm making my men tamales tomorrow to make it easier on me, since I am not a fan, but they love them.
    Drink lots of water!! Go eat another apple. You are doing great!!!!! Just think in two days your body will certainly thank you for removing the toxins out of it. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by donnay; 03-12-2014 at 10:46 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm on my fourth apple and despite the urge to eat a bunch of junk food, I don't feel all that hungry. I hope the next two days go just as well! I may be a little hungry when I go to sleep tonight, but I should be ok.

It was a nice day today and I noticed that I really didn't want to be indoors, I wanted to be out in the sun. That's very different from the norm. Perhaps since I'm not getting the regular calories, my body wants to receive energy from the sun? I found this to be really interesting.

I'm on my fourth apple and despite the urge to eat a bunch of junk food, I don't feel all that hungry. I hope the next two days go just as well! I may be a little hungry when I go to sleep tonight, but I should be ok.

It was a nice day today and I noticed that I really didn't want to be indoors, I wanted to be out in the sun. That's very different from the norm. Perhaps since I'm not getting the regular calories, my body wants to receive energy from the sun? I found this to be really interesting.
    Terrific! You have two more days... Keep us posted.

Subscribing t thread for updates. I'm considering this when the early apples come in.

Drink lots of water!! Go eat another apple. You are doing great!!!!! Just think in two days your body will certainly thank you for removing the toxins out of it. Keep up the good work!
    TY so much for the pep talk, donnay! XO I did both. I decided I should eat one every two hours so I don't crash. I wasn't that hungry, but I did need the glucose.

Yeah, the apples are filling! I ate six yesterday, but I thought I'd be eating a lot more than that. I have so many, I wish I could send you some! LOL I was sorry to hear you can't get organic. Not being able to eat the peel must be a drag. What kind did you get? All I could find on Cayce's list were the Delicious. I asked the produce guy what other early apples they had, and he said Fuji, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, and both Delicious (all my faves!). It's nice to have a variety and I hope you're able to at least get that. I think I'll put a few in the oven tonight, and maybe make applesauce today (I wonder if cinnamon is allowed).

I haven't eaten anything yet today. Just having my coffee. I usually don't get hungry until 10:30 or so anyway.

Maybe! Or maybe it's something you normally eat that's bad for you. We recorded that brain diet guy on PBS, and watched about 1/2 hour of it. It was nothing I hadn't heard from Atkins though; grains and empty carbs are poison. I was thinking how I shouldn't have that BLT on Saturday, or ever (even though I love!). I'll be over my carb addiction once the detox is done, and I should just go low carb again, not to lose weight necessarily (though I do need to lose about 10 lbs) but because I feel so good when I don't eat them.

Stay strong, my brother! We can do this thing, and it's only two more days. It's really not that hard!
    --Albert J. Nock

~BUMP~

No lie, I thought by the thread title this was a topic about cleansing oneself of Apple products.

Cause if that was the challenge, I'm already a winner!

But seriously, interesting stuff. I think I'm going to follow this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Stay strong, my brother! We can do this thing, and it's only two more days. It's really not that hard!
    It's really very hard not to walk into the convenience store and buying a greasy, salty bag of potato chips. I love my junk food! But I haven't strayed yet. I'm glad to be doing this, but I'll also be glad when it's over!

How are your elimination processes? All the water (and the coffee) is making me go to the bathroom often, but I'm still waiting for my first bowel movement. My urine is clearer than it has been for a long time, so that's a good thing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man, last night was hard! People say day 2 is the hardest, but I think what started it was DS asking for dinner from his fave bbq joint (for getting an A in Chemistry!) and the aroma of that cajun shrimp po-boy and jambalya in the car nearly sent me over the edge! From 5-8, I was walking around moaning and groaning and grumbling, thinking about the eggs Benedict I'm having on Saturday morning (no muffin). I finally made some coffee and that saved me.

I had seven apples yesterday. I sliced up two and sprinkled a little cinnamon on them and put them in the oven, but then was afraid I was cheating so I only had a few bites. It tasted like apple pie! There is another doc who recommends a 2 day apple fast and he allows for cinnamon, but Cayce didn't say anything about it so I thought it was best not to eat them that way, at least this first time around.

My urine is pretty clear too, but I still don't think I'm drinking enough water. I am urinating often though. I have had two movements so far, on the mornings of day 2 and 3. I understand it's after the olive oil step that things really start to move. I don't want to get into too much detail here, but I am confident that the apples are sweeping my intestines like a broom. You will not get diarrhea on this fast.

DH said my cheeks looked extra rosy yesterday. I was not wearing any make-up. I feel good! I'm not tired and my head is clear. I have no idea if I'm losing weight, but that's not why I did this. I do feel lighter though. People report losing about 5lbs during this fast.

I actually started this thread as a way to commit. When I woke up on Tues, I was all, "Dammit!" LOL But I'm glad I did it. Only one more day!
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-14-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Man, last night was hard! People say day 2 is the hardest, but I think what started it was DS asking for dinner from his fave bbq joint (for getting an A in Chemistry!) and the aroma of that cajun shrimp po-boy and jambalya in the car nearly sent me over the edge! From 5-8, I was walking around moaning and groaning and grumbling, thinking about the eggs Benedict I'm having on Saturday morning (no muffin). I finally made some coffee and that saved me.

I had seven apples yesterday. I sliced up two and sprinkled a little cinnamon on them and put them in the oven, but then was afraid I was cheating so I only had a few bites. It tasted like apple pie! There is another doc who recommends a 2 day apple fast and he allows for cinnamon, but Cayce didn't say anything about it so I thought it was best not to eat them that way, at least this first time around.

My urine is pretty clear too, but I still don't think I'm drinking enough water. I am urinating often though. I have had two movements so far, on the mornings of day 2 and 3. I understand it's after the olive oil step that things really start to move. I don't want to get into too much detail here, but I am confident that the apples are sweeping my intestines like a broom. You will not get diarrhea on this fast.

DH said my cheeks looked extra rosy yesterday. I was not wearing any make-up. I feel good! I'm not tired and my head is clear. I have no idea if I'm losing weight, but that's not why I did this. I do feel lighter though. People report losing about 5lbs during this fast.

I actually started this thread as a way to commit. When I woke up on Tues, I was all, "Dammit!" LOL But I'm glad I did it. Only one more day!
    You are doing great!!! You will be so proud of yourself tomorrow. You made it through without much of a hitch. Thank you for starting this thread and keeping us posted!

I will report on this starting Monday.

I'm really starting to crave anything! I have literally grabbed other people's food as a reflex, from a bag of shredded cheese to an unattended mayonnaise packet. But I stopped myself each time

I didn't weigh myself before, but I can tell I'm losing weight. My midsection is much slimmer than before. That improvement is already well worth the pain in my opinion. I wonder how the olive oil will affect me tonight.

Can't wait for real food tomorrow!

So glad you're still with me! I was thinking about you in solidarity last night when I was having such a hard time. I did often actually (but especially last night). Doing it with you really helped me. (You, and the coffee.) Thank you so much! XO

I am craving fat so bad. That's why the eggs Benedict, I guess (and so much for eating light and bland)! I can't wait. I'm going to go to bed at 10:00 just to make the day shorter, and then it's really only 5 1/2 more hours!

Good luck, donnay! You can do it if I can, and thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm not only glad I did it for health reasons, but it was a challenge too. And at this point, I have this thing in the bag, and it feels good to have accomplished it.

It really hasn't been that hard though. I haven't been hungry, or tired, or have any aches and pains like they say you can get from detox. I did get a headache on the evening of the first day, and the cravings last night were really hard, but that's been the worst of it.

I highly recommended this Apple Fast! I'll probably try to do it three times a year myself.
    Last edited by Lucille; 03-14-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Thanks Lucille. I am so glad you made it through the second night.

I will add this info. I think it helps people understand their food cravings.

What do food cravings say about you? (CHART)

http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/...cravings-mean/

Thanks Lucille. I am so glad you made it through the second night.

I will add this info. I think it helps people understand their food cravings.

What do food cravings say about you? (CHART)

http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/...cravings-mean/
    That was a pretty interesting chart.
    I had no idea there are people who crave laundry starch and cigarette butts.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast