Thread: URGENT!: Why we MUST HIT 12 MILLION before midnight!

URGENT!: Why we MUST HIT 12 MILLION before midnight!

Trevor is right. This is what we've been looking for guys: A way to BALANCE the Campaign Goals and our OWN goals for Dec 16th. Now we know what we have to do! The mainstream media has TOLD us what they want us to do!

We're in the "keeping tabs on these guys" stage of major media coverage right now. We have got to keep them watching us and looking for more stories. We can't fail, we can't get boring - we've got to perform as they expect us for maximum impact.

The media themselves has GIVEN us this opportunity to get even MORE free publicity. All we need to do today to cash in big time on it and become a major weekend news story is to hit the $12M mark. Then the media can run their underdog story "Ron Paul meets fundraising goals in impromptu online donation surge!" As long as it's a slow news weekend (looks that way) we'll get a lot of coverage and even more mindshare. That'll turn into a boost for Dec 16th.

The media isn't looking for a nuclear money bomb today, just meeting the 12M goal early. There is no point really in pushing past 12M, it'll just be a footnote if we make 13M. We would have to beat Nov 5th to push the story up to the next level and that'll just make Dec 16th harder. I think we should be content with meeting 12M.

In a bit over two weeks we will give them yet another major news story with a money bomb they'll hear up in North Korea, tied to one of the most important days in American (and world) history.

That's nearly four weeks of sustained media interest followed by a major, record setting news story. I don't see how we can possibly lose Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire after that happens.

If Ron wins in the early primary states, that becomes a major upset in the media and AGAIN merits us massive news coverage. At that point Ron will go mainstream, and we'll have enough new donors to set ourselves up for another massive money bomb on the next date.

You see now how this just keeps perpetuating itself? It's awesome!

BUT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN IF WE DO NOT MAKE 12 MILLION TODAY. If we miss the 12M we risk breaking this major media feedback loop. Let's do whatever we have to do to keep this thing going! We're PAST youtube and the internet at this point. We have got to make constant noise in all mainstream media if we are to win!

Now go out there and give them hell!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I totally agree! We absolutely must do what it takes to reach 12 million dollars by midnight!

Okay...day traded and made another hund today so it'll go into the RP bank but I'll hold off until the "mini bomb" this afternoon/eve

I'm in for $100.

C'mon, everybody, step up.

Edit: This was a stretch today, btw.
    Last edited by Pete; 11-30-2007 at 02:11 PM.

One of the downsides of doing this on a Friday is that they're going to wait for the totals to come in and your major news shows, pundits, etc. don't go on during the weekend and by Monday I'm sure they'll find something else to talk about. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I originally planned to donate $100 today.

So far I have donated $302.

I am willing to drop another $100 for the mini bomb if 10 or more people are with me. Anyone else interested?

Not downplaying the idea or the need...It still remains...Just setting expectations...

The Clinton Campaign Office Hostage Situation is all the news I can find at all right now.
    212 Degrees

Given the current RNC Ticket...

PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!!!

McCain FOR RETIREMENT!!!

You shouldn't worry about the hostage thing, it will eventually be resolved and fade. What you should be worrying about are developments in Turkey and Kosovo. If a war erupts in either place it might distract people or even convince them now is not the time for non-interventionism!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
    I am willing to drop another $100 for the mini bomb if 10 or more people are with me. Anyone else interested?
    I am in for another $100