Thread: Anyone going to the PA YAL convention?

Anyone going to the PA YAL convention?

I just got a text about it. Sounds like speakers are still to be determined. I've been really out of the loop, haven't kept in touch with many Ron Paul people lately. This may be a good chance to do some catching up though and get involved again. Anyone here going?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I just got a text about it. Sounds like speakers are still to be determined. I've been really out of the loop, haven't kept in touch with many Ron Paul people lately. This may be a good chance to do some catching up though and get involved again. Anyone here going?
    I got this email. Ummm, do older adults attend or is this pretty much just for young'uns?

Fellow Liberty Lover,

You are receiving this email because at one point our paths crossed and you were interested in the ideas of peace, freedom, and limited government. This list involves people in Pennsylvania and the surrounding area who have the same vision I do with the hopes of keeping everyone on the same page to help advance the principles of Liberty.

If you want removed from this list, simply unsubscribe. If you know someone who would like to be added to the list just have them subscribe. I will send out updates only when they are important and informative. Let's make Liberty boom in PA!

1. PA Young Americans for Liberty Convention

The Young Americans for Liberty organization is holding a State Convention at Penn State University. The event will have a stellar line up of speakers (announced next week) to discuss different topics that connect the dots to advancing Liberty. Whether you identify as a Libertarian, Constitutional Conservative, Liberty-Minded Republican, Tea-Party, or Anti-war; this full day convention will be an opportunity to network, discuss, listen, and debate the issues of our time.
    YAL Pennsylvania State Convention
    Penn State University
    Keller Hall, Room 104, W Park Ave, University Park, PA 16802
    Saturday, March 29, 2014
    9:00am - 7:00pm
    REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE!

2. Greg Brannon for Senate

Below is an email from a Constitutional Conservative who is neck and neck with his establishment-backed primary opponent in North Carolina. Dr. Brannon is part of the Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz caucus. Check out his website and see what you think. Many Liberty folks are flocking to his campaign to help in anyway they can. The current push to 16,000 donors would be a huge media event and boost to his campaign.

For Liberty,

-Cliff

Cliff Maloney Jr.

Pennsylvania Liberty Lovers

“But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by liberalnurse View Post
    I got this email. Ummm, do older adults attend or is this pretty much just for young'uns?
    No age limit. Older adults are encouraged to attend because they will still find some of the speakers interesting, motivational and it's a great place to network. US liberty groups table at the event, free books are given out and there are lots of folks to network with from the greater area. Maybe you could attend and plug RonPaulForums.com
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Thanks. I'm seriously considering it. Only 45 min. easy drive. The first time I saw Ron, up close and personal, was at Penn Sate 4/2007. I went at the invite of a young (late 20's at the time) coworker who is a Libertarian. Me? I was a proud Liberal Democrat. But I went. The only thing that changed that night for me was everything. It would be nice to return where this journey began.

I've actually heard a few speeches from members of YAL @ a Liberty Event @ Bloomsburg University. Was beyond impressed.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

I'm 30 so I'm probably somewhat older than the core YAL crowd. I'm still waiting to see what speakers they announce, but I'd like to go.