Thread: How Possible Sanctions on Russia could affect the 2nd Amendment

How Possible Sanctions on Russia could affect the 2nd Amendment

If the United States enacts sanctions against Russia this means that all those Russian firearms that are imported will cease to come. Now initially for firearms that is not a huge deal. For instance all the Mosin Nagants and SKS firearms have been here for years in warehouses anyways. Additionally AK pattern parts flow mostly from other former combloc countries such as Romania. New production firearms such as Saiga's and VEPR's that do come from Russia will, however, no longer be imported. Essentially, Russian style weapons will still be available, but prices will continue to rise. And really who wants a 3000 dollar AK-47 cobbled together by Century's drunken monkeys?

Now here is the truly bad part. All the cheap ammunition from Wolf and others is instantly gone. That means no more cheap steel case ammunition for your favorite plinker. Surplus ammunition is also probably going to dry up as well as the new production ammunition disappears. This leaves only American made ammunition left to feed your combloc weapons.

I would also guarantee that any sanctions placed on Russia will probably be short lived with a nice exception for weapons and ammunition because...well $#@! you that's why.

So where am I going with this? If you have combloc weapons I highly suggest you buy your ammunition now while it is still cheap.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    If the United States enacts sanctions against Russia this means that all those Russian firearms that are imported will cease to come. Now initially for firearms that is not a huge deal. For instance all the Mosin Nagants and SKS firearms have been here for years in warehouses anyways. Additionally AK pattern parts flow mostly from other former combloc countries such as Romania. New production firearms such as Saiga's and VEPR's that do come from Russia will, however, no longer be imported. Essentially, Russian style weapons will still be available, but prices will continue to rise. And really who wants a 3000 dollar AK-47 cobbled together by Century's drunken monkeys?

Now here is the truly bad part. All the cheap ammunition from Wolf and others is instantly gone. That means no more cheap steel case ammunition for your favorite plinker. Surplus ammunition is also probably going to dry up as well as the new production ammunition disappears. This leaves only American made ammunition left to feed your combloc weapons.

I would also guarantee that any sanctions placed on Russia will probably be short lived with a nice exception for weapons and ammunition because...well $#@! you that's why.

So where am I going with this? If you have combloc weapons I highly suggest you buy your ammunition now while it is still cheap.
    Just like Bush the elder did to weapons imports from the PRC. And then your ultimate cheap weapon just turned into a club.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Just like Bush the elder did to weapons imports from the PRC. And then your ultimate cheap weapon just turned into a club.
    Which is frustrating because I bought a Mosin for a nice cheap hog killer. I literally planned it as simply a weapon I don't even to stockpile ammo for because it is so abundant and cheap. Now I plan on buying two crates tonight.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Yeah, I just bought a few cases of Tula online myself. I'll also start buying them up at the local places (Academy, Gander Mountain, ect).

I am just over 10k rounds of 7.62x39 though, and only have one AK, so I feel pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    Yeah, I just bought a few cases of Tula online myself. I'll also start buying them up at the local places (Academy, Gander Mountain, ect).

I am just over 10k rounds of 7.62x39 though, and only have one AK, so I feel pretty good.
    Well you clearly need another 7.62x39 now.

I never did buy the 54R yet. I just am having a hard time justifying swiping my credit card. My desire to pay off my card is too high for my desire to join the panic scare. Honestly though, I am starting to think the .gov is gonna do nothing and the panic on commie stuff will be over by time I get back. If it doesn't pan out that way and Obummer sanctions Russia it will drive up demand but most surplus comes from other former combloc countries like Romania, Hungary, etc.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Hello new guy here. I've been scouring the web, trying to find any SPECIFIC information on these new sanctions against Russia. I keep hearing conflicting stories that they've already been passed, or that they will be in a few days.

Anyway, what I really need to know is how these will affect Mosin Nagants as they are well over 50 years old regardless of the hunting/sporting purposes. I've been trying to start my own business (or get my foot in the door somewhere) buying these to refinish them for resale. I don't know if my access to them will be limited, cut off altogether, or just see prices shoot up past any reasonable margin of profit.

I know this thread is already months old, but your conversation is the closest I've found to an answer and was hoping you all could shed some light on this already confusing situation. Thanks!

No one else able to answer this?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it passed. no new imports from russia in regards to guns or ammo. Shouldn't effect anything in the country already or being imported from other countries. For instance, if the Bulgarians find a crap ton of mosins in an armory from back in the day that had been made in Russia they should be able to export them to the USA.

There are a ton of Mosins in the USA nowadays. Supplies are still abundant, but are starting to not dry up per-say, but prices have gone up.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by LSFPrepper View Post
    No one else able to answer this?
    I have an answer. yes.

go for it.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.