Thread: Rep. Rohrabacher: No dog in this fight (Ukraine)

Rep. Rohrabacher: No dog in this fight (Ukraine)

The United States does not need to intervene in every chaotic situation around the world, neither militarily nor politically. We can no longer police the world, nor can we act as the arbiter of every dispute.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...bates/5794037/

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., is chairman of the House Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia and Emerging Threats.

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The United States does not need to intervene in every chaotic situation around the world, neither militarily nor politically. We can no longer police the world, nor can we act as the arbiter of every dispute.
    That's what I like to hear.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Great article!

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I have not checked his voting record, ..... but lately I have really liked what I have seen from this guy!!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

ISOLATIONIST

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    I have not checked his voting record, ..... but lately I have really liked what I have seen from this guy!!
    If you want to keep liking him you BETTER not check out his voting record, especially on civil liberties:

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-v...s#.UxCFx4XgJTs

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    His score on FreedomWorks seems to be pretty good. Several 100% years. Average about 90%.

http://congress.freedomworks.org/leg...-rohrabacher-0
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ISOLATIONIST

wait...are we talking about Rohrbacker or Ron Paul?,,,

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****_Libertarian_Radical View Post
    If you want to keep liking him you BETTER not check out his voting record, especially on civil liberties:

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-v...s#.UxCFx4XgJTs
    His record is good. What is particular are you upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    wait...are we talking about Rohrbacker or Ron Paul?,,,
    Yes.

Hmm... so is he mending his ways and coming back to the light?

Dana Rohrabacher was formerly a thorough-going ancap libertarian out in California. He got elected to the house and, well, let's just say he's a bit of a "puppy who lost his way". Certainly never the worst of the worst, mind you. But nothing stand-out, nothing special.

Maybe after seeing the success of Ron Paul, he regrets some of his career choices over the past few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    His score on FreedomWorks seems to be pretty good. Several 100% years. Average about 90%.

http://congress.freedomworks.org/leg...-rohrabacher-0
    Thanks for checking! I remember being astonished that someone so "good" was from California! LOL Glad to see my mind wasn't playing tricks on me!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

This is about the Banksters and Vulture Corporatists that will intervene... and the IMF, Ex-Im Bank, World Bank, Wall streeters... They'll rape the nation, squeeze every cent out of the natural resources and the people's saving. inflict monopolies, indebted puppet government, stick them with all sorts of inflations.... the Ukraine is done.

read this nice comment on ATS site, people are catching on:

It's not about the U.S taxpayer in the first place. It's about the IMF and multimillionaires and billionaires in the west that want to buy up Ukrainian infrastructure and resources at dirt cheap prices so they can rake in the profits while charging the Ukrainian people interest on a bailout fund.

It's the same damn thing these people did to the American taxpayers. They are vultures and morally corrupt psychopaths who have no problem making obscene profits from the suffering of human beings. It's important to separate the issue from one of the west bailing out the Ukraine, because it isn't about some sort of altruistic act of mercy. It's about buying up land, industry, resources, etc while it's dirt cheap due to fomented unrest, and then holding IMF loans over the head of a new government that will play ball while lifting restrictions on the ability of foreign multinational corporations to buy out state owned resources.

International banking cartels and corporations are the only ones profiting in such a move. As usual the people of the Ukraine will be shackled to years of obscene austerity measures. You as the american taxpayer are already subsidizing these same oligarchs anyways. They will do it with or without your approval.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 02-28-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Right on! This representative knows what he's talking about.

It's amazing that Russia is once again being made to look like a greedy aggressor. Good chance the EU/NATO are destabilizing things in their back yard. If something like Euromaidan happened in Canada and installed a hostile government, the US would be 100% justified in intervening.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...fghanistan-war

In the fall of 2001, Rohrabacher's friend Massoud was assassinated by a pair of Al Qaeda operatives. Upon hearing the news, Rohrabacher wept in his office. Then he phoned the Bush White House in a frenzy: He believed Massoud's murder was the prelude to a major terrorist attack and requested an immediate audience with then-national security adviser Condoleezza Rice. He got an appointment for the next day—September 11.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...ized-in-the-us

In the interview with BuzzFeed, Rohrabacher described Putin as trying to protect Russian interests in the region, saying Putin “has a right to be upset” with the ousting of the democratically elected government under President Viktor Yanukovych, who was pro-Russian.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.