Thread: Armed men seize Crimea parliament and hoist Russian flag

Armed men seize Crimea parliament and hoist Russian flag

Ukraine crisis escalates after Tatar leader says Crimea’s parliament building has been occupied by gunmen

Video here
    Opposition leader pleads with Crimean people not to allow Ukraine to be torn apart. Nato says Ukraine’s sovereignty will be protected

Armed men have seized the government buildings in the capital of the Ukraine’s Crimea region and hoisted a Russian flag over a barricade.

The men occupying the parliament building in the regional capital, Simferopol, early on Thursday did not come out to voice any demands. They wore black and orange ribbons, a Russian symbol of the victory in World War II. The men also put up a sign saying “Crimea is Russia.”

They threw a flash grenade in response to a journalist’s questions. Phone calls to region’s legislature rang unanswered, and its website was down.

Ethnic Tatars who support Ukraine’s new leaders and pro-Russia separatists had confronted each other outside the regional parliament on Wednesday.

Interfax quoted a local Tatar leader, Refat Chubarov, as saying on Facebook: “I have been told that the buildings of parliament and the council of ministers have been occupied by armed men in uniforms that do not bear any recognisable insignia.”

“They have not yet made any demands,” he said.

About 100 police were gathered in front of the parliament building. Doors into the building appeared to have been blocked by wooden crates.

The streets around the parliament were mostly empty apart from people going to work.

“I heard gunfire in the night, came down and saw lots of people going in. Some then left. I’m not sure how many are still in there,” said a 30-year-old man who gave his name only as Roman.

Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich was ousted on Saturday after three months of unrest led by protesters in Kiev.

He is now on the run being sought by the new authorities for murder in connection with the deaths of around 100 people during the conflict.

Crimea was transferred from Russia to Ukraine in 1954 in the Soviet-era by then Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev.

With a part of Russia’s Black Sea fleet based in the port of Sevastopol, it is the only region of Ukraine where ethnic Russians dominate in numbers, although many ethnic Ukrainians in other eastern areas speak Russian as their first language.

Continued....http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...iament-reports
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've come to the conclusion that the whole reason that the State Department/CIA sponsored the goons who created all of this chaos was to help put Russia in a position where it could take back the Crimea. I'm sure that they are all coordinating at very high levels.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

OBAMA’S RED LINE JUST CROSSED BY RUSSIA – NOW WHAT YOU SNIVELING WEASEL?
    http://www.theburningplatform.com/20...veling-weasel/
    Obama warned the elected government of the Ukraine to back off on defending itself against revolutionaries in the streets. Russia begs to differ with Nobel Peace Prize winning Obama. The red line has been crossed this morning. Your move Mr. Obama. I predict another speech and then he’ll play some basketball in the White House gym, put out a press release about the tremendous success of Obamacare, and do an interview with a liberal shrew on MSNBC about another executive order to force all businesses to raise the minimum wage to $10.12 per hour. He did a study and the extra 2 cents will save the world and create 1 million new jobs.

Does this Fourth Turning seem to be calming down or heating up?
    [...]
    Pro-Russian Gunmen Seize Ukraine Crimean Parliament; Russia Puts Jets On High Alert; Hryvnia In Record Plunge
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...igh-alert-hryv

All those clips we showed in the past few days of Russian forces amassing in the Crimean (such as this one)? Well, turns out they were all predictive of what has just happened in the Crimean region parliament at Simferopol, where around 120 pro-Russian Gunmen occupied the parliament building and raised the Russian flag. The scene was the site of Wednesday’s scuffles between Tatar groups and pro-Russian supporters. As Euronews reports, local Tatar leader Refat Chubarov posted that the buildings have been occupied by men in uniforms bearing “no recognisable insignia.” Kyiv says it would regard any movements by Russian military in Crimea outside Moscow’s Black Sea Base in Sevastopol as an act of aggression. Following the fall of President Viktor Yanukovych divisions in Ukraine have come to the fore. All this happens as Russian troops in the area are building up and at the same time as Russia put fighter jets on combat alert, according to Interfax.
    [...]
    As a reminder, so far Putin has been silent on his views about the sovereignty of the Crimean region which is host to the critical Russian Sevastopol naval base. Russian President Vladimir Putin has ignored calls by some ethnic Russians in Crimea to reclaim the territory handed to then Soviet Ukraine by Soviet Communist leader Nikita Khrushchev in 1954. The United States says any Russian military action would be a grave mistake. But Russia's foreign ministry said in a statement that Moscow would defend the rights of its compatriots and react without compromise to any violation of those rights.
    [...]
    And just to make sure tensions reach a fever pitch, Interfax reported a few hours ago that Russian fighter jets along the Western Border were put on high alert:...
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that the whole reason that the State Department/CIA sponsored the goons who created all of this chaos was to help put Russia in a position where it could take back the Crimea. I'm sure that they are all coordinating at very high levels.
    And what does the US get in return? Russia promises to stop supporting Assad?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    And what does the US get in return? Russia promises to stop supporting Assad?
    I don't think that the people running the USA are actually interested in the best interests of the USA. At all. I think that they can only be described as "saboteurs".

Did you ever see the verbal testimony of Norman Dodd? He was the guy that was in charge of the Congressional investigation of large tax exempt foundations; it was looking for activities un-American (Reece Committee). According to him, back in like 1950, men in charge of institutions like the Carnegie and Rockefeller Fund, men who were in the OSS during WWII, told him that they were operating on directives from the White House to change the educational system of the USA in such a way as to make it compatible with the values of the USSR.

I think that TPTB are only really interested in creating perpetual chaos that is meant to continuously shape the world in such a way as to eventually bring about world government.

Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    That is an interesting analysis. In the bigger scope, you very well are probably right.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

So pro western, armed protestors... pro russian gunmen. Hahahaha

Nato says Ukraine’s sovereignty will be protected
    great rhetoric twist! They will defend the sovereignty of a country that it is not even part, I wonder from whom they will defend it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is WW3 kicking off? Im not liking what Im reading around the net about this. Russian troops landing in Ukraine, US calling for a "Mediation Mission to Ukraine", Ukraine has a NATO treaty, etc etc.

Please tell me our government isn't going to send Americans over there. I'm also thinking that special attention should be paid to Syria right now, seeing how Russia was mainly what kept us out (officially at least) of the Syrian conflict. This would be a ripe time to get serious with Syria while the media is watching Ukraine and Russia.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book