Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is food price inflation taking off?

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    As someone who is attempting to ghetto Primal diet on $189 in foodstamps a month, yes it has gone up considerably.
    No. 3 , you need to find a job. What area are you in now? I read a lot of newspaper classifieds from all over .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like we are starting to reap what has been sown. When you plant poisonous GMO garbage that kills off the bee population, most other insects, birds, whitetail deer, and farm animals, it's going to come too bit us in the ass eventually. I know about the bee die offs first hand, as I was a 25+ year beekeeper until the GMO wiped my bees out. Here in SW Minnesota the deer are all most extinct, I seen four today for the first time in over 6 months.

Here in Minnesota the pigs are dying out from the Porcine epidemic diarrhea which they say is caused from a virus. I say the virus got a foot hold because of the poor nutrition from GMO's.

Dr. Don Huber explains the serious dangers of GMO's. We are going to be facing an epidemic in the near future!

Last edited by NO_GMOs; 04-18-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_GMOs View Post
    Looks like we are starting to reap what has been sown. When you plant poisonous GMO garbage that kills off the bee population, most other insects, birds, whitetail deer, and farm animals, it's going to come too bit us in the ass eventually. I know about the bee die offs first hand, as I was a 25+ year beekeeper until the GMO wiped my bees out. Here in SW Minnesota the deer are all most extinct, I seen four today for the first time in over 6 months.

Here in Minnesota the pigs are dying out from the Porcine epidemic diarrhea which they say is caused from a virus. I say the virus got a foot hold because of the poor nutrition from GMO's.

Dr. Don Huber explains the serious dangers of GMO's. We are going to be facing an epidemic in the near future!

I have deer out the ass.These are mutant, badass deer, they will eat anything not nailed down.Crazies ate my blackberries last year, year before that they got into my green beans. I have to do battle with them to get my persimmons. They love all of my non GMO stuff . Eat more deer is the slogan out back here .Even the squirrels and chipmunks poach my June Apples and tomatoes .

Badass dear?LOL I would love to see a few of them around here in the land of GMO's. I know what pests they can be, and they can cause real damage to a crop.

I take it that you don't have lots of GMO crops growing in your area. Here it's almost never ending every field is corn or soy beans, no wooded areas to speak of. The only real garden preditors here is the ringtail bandit or Racoon, he will sure do a number on your sweet corn if not guarded by electric fence.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have deer out the ass.These are mutant, badass deer, they will eat anything not nailed down.Crazies ate my blackberries last year, year before that they got into my green beans. I have to do battle with them to get my persimmons. They love all of my non GMO stuff . Eat more deer is the slogan out back here .Even the squirrels and chipmunks poach my June Apples and tomatoes .
    Yeah--those a-holes ate my plums last year. I have to do something for my fruit trees this year or they'll take 'em out. I'm going to grow most of my garden on my decks this year and hope they aren't brave enough to actually walk up the stairs. Plus, I have the dog's romping area near the back deck and the fruit trees, so I'm hoping that the dog's left enough of a scent to keep them away.

We have tons of them this year--one almost ran me over in my own driveway when I walked out to check the mail.

Do you know if they will stay away if I leave lights on? Probably not.

Badass dear?LOL I would love to see a few of them around here in the land of GMO's. I know what pests they can be, and they can cause real damage to a crop.

I take it that you don't have lots of GMO crops growing in your area. Here it's almost never ending every field is corn or soy beans, no wooded areas to speak of. The only real garden preditors here is the ringtail bandit or Racoon, he will sure do a number on your sweet corn if not guarded by electric fence.
    We have tons of GMO crops here--all soybeans and corn, but we do have some wooded areas.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    We have tons of GMO crops here--all soybeans and corn, but we do have some wooded areas.
    Ditto here. Nobody who actually grows food seems to buy into the anti-GMO propaganda....as far as I can tell they're all growing efficiently enabling us consumers to maximize out food value. But we have deer out the kazoo.

(Dr. Huber has no actual data) (Dr. Huber Can't Actually Produce Evidence)

Dr Folta to Dr. Huber: “So can you send me cultures?”
    Dr, Huber: No.

Dr. Folta: “Don, you say this is a crisis, that a new pathogen is causing disease in humans and plants, and you won’t release it to the broader scientific community for eight years?”

Dr. Huber: No.

Dr. Folta: “But I can solve this mystery in a month. If people are dying, kids are suffering… Let’s solve this mystery.”

Huber friendly crowd: "Just give it to him."

Dr. Huber: No

Farmer in crowd: “If someone is at that put up or shut up point and they keep making excuses of why they can’t put up, you know something isn’t right.”
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Yeah--those a-holes ate my plums last year. I have to do something for my fruit trees this year or they'll take 'em out.
    Damn tree squirrels got all our plums and apples last year. They get a few tomatoes too.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    They're making Gatorade bottles smaller! 32oz being replaced with 28oz bottles along with price increases. That's where I draw the line. Don't mess with my Gatorade....
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    They've been going up fast for quite some time. If you didn't notice the first wave it's because it came in the form of getting less product (e.g. half-gallons of ice cream now being a quart and a half).
    It's almost humorous how thin they are making cereal boxes now. They won't stand on their own if they make some of them any thinner.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Ditto here. Nobody who actually grows food seems to buy into the anti-GMO propaganda....as far as I can tell they're all growing efficiently enabling us consumers to maximize out food value. But we have deer out the kazoo.

(Dr. Huber has no actual data) (Dr. Huber Can't Actually Produce Evidence)

Dr Folta to Dr. Huber: “So can you send me cultures?”
    Dr, Huber: No.

Dr. Folta: “Don, you say this is a crisis, that a new pathogen is causing disease in humans and plants, and you won’t release it to the broader scientific community for eight years?”

Dr. Folta: “But I can solve this mystery in a month. If people are dying, kids are suffering… Let’s solve this mystery.”

Huber friendly crowd: "Just give it to him."

Dr. Huber: No

Farmer in crowd: “If someone is at that put up or shut up point and they keep making excuses of why they can’t put up, you know something isn’t right.”
    We looked into farming certain crops, and GMO or not, there isn't anything that's actually profitable--especially as a start-up. We rented out to a farmer this year, along with our neighbor. This guy has all the equipment and we'll be getting some money for it and an improvement in our land--hopefully fewer ticks as well. I'm fixing up the barn/pasture to rent that out as well.

Yeah--those a-holes ate my plums last year. I have to do something for my fruit trees this year or they'll take 'em out. I'm going to grow most of my garden on my decks this year and hope they aren't brave enough to actually walk up the stairs. Plus, I have the dog's romping area near the back deck and the fruit trees, so I'm hoping that the dog's left enough of a scent to keep them away.

We have tons of them this year--one almost ran me over in my own driveway when I walked out to check the mail.

Do you know if they will stay away if I leave lights on? Probably not.
    I usually bake my deer in mushroom gravy , but sometimes I marinate it in a good Italian dressing and grill it , or marinate it in soy sauce , Worchest. sauce , black pepper & garlic , bit of steak sauce whipped into a little vinegar bbq sauce and put it in the dehydrator and make jerky. I could work with some plum laden deer though , put that in the smoker.

We looked into farming certain crops, and GMO or not, there isn't anything that's actually profitable--especially as a start-up. We rented out to a farmer this year, along with our neighbor. This guy has all the equipment and we'll be getting some money for it and an improvement in our land--hopefully fewer ticks as well. I'm fixing up the barn/pasture to rent that out as well.
    Early profit is tough , but you could get a big tiller , put an acre in green beans , sell them , or a large hen house , sell eggs , maybe a bunch of apple trees, Kludge could sell me some apple beer . There is popcorn , raspberries , etc , things like that have lower overhead. Used to be , a strawberry patch , but the plants are very high nowadays.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Damn tree squirrels got all our plums and apples last year. They get a few tomatoes too.
    My squirrels knock them out and the chipmunks take a bite out, then my chipmunks take a bite out of the low hanging tomatoes .My squirrels will actually grab the cherry tomatoes off the outdoor dinner table when I leave them out for a little more sun .

I usually bake my deer in mushroom gravy , but sometimes I marinate it in a good Italian dressing and grill it , or marinate it in soy sauce , Worchest. sauce , black pepper & garlic , bit of steak sauce whipped into a little vinegar bbq sauce and put it in the dehydrator and make jerky. I could work with some plum laden deer though , put that in the smoker.
    I like deer burgers grilled with a little Dales and tenderloin battered and fried with biscuits and gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I like deer burgers grilled with a little Dales and tenderloin battered and fried with biscuits and gravy.

Dang. That sounds pretty good.

Nobody makes buscuits and gravy worth a darn up north here. I miss the south.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

When your growing the GMO rat poison your blinded by the fiat dollars in your eyes! Only when your on the outside you actually can see what's going on.
    As for spreading propaganda Monsatan is the pro at that.

I remember their little cow commercial when I was a little boy "DDT is good for me He he" but we all know better now: http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news...ers-risk-study

Then Monsatan constantly insisted PCB were safe while they poisoned thousands in Anniston Alabama, In a Monsatan memo they said the couldn't afford to loose $1 of business over Anniston.

Monsatan and Dow Chemical also hide data from the Vietnam vets that agent orange was dangerous.

Now Monsatan is saying BT corn is safe and it doesn't affect humans, but we know better now as 2 doctors found the BT toxins in the blood of 96% of pregnant women: http://www.naturalnews.com/032407_Bt...cide_GMOs.html

It's a fact that GMO corn kills every lab rat that ever ate it, it's not fit for man nor beasts: http://www.carighttoknow.org/new_study

I as a 25+ year beekeeper can tell you GMO's are deadly to bees. In 2007 I had 300 bee hives working on the next inrease to 500 hives. GMO's totally wiped out my beekeeping and honey operation. I lost well over $100K! Look at what just happened in Canda when they planted the rat poison:
    http://livefreelivenatural.com/37-mi...id-pesticides/

Here you see the world's largest beekeeper totally wiped out! 30,000 hives! I think it happened again the next year with a much higher loss.

Finally you will see the beekeepers are suing the EPA for allowing this poison an the market

Last edited by NO_GMOs; 04-19-2014 at 08:33 PM.

When your growing the GMO rat poison your blinded by the fiat dollars in your eyes! Only when your on the outside you actually can see what's going on.
    As for spreading propaganda Monsatan is the pro at that.

I remember their little cow commercial when I was a little boy "DDT is good for me He he" but we all know better now: http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news...ers-risk-study

Then Monsatan constantly insisted PCB were safe will the poisoned thousands in Anniston Alabama, In an Monsatan memo they said the couldn't afford to loose $1 of business over Anniston.

Monsatan and Dow Chemial also hide data from the Vietnam vets that agent orange was dangerous.

Now Monsatan is saying BT corn is safe and it doesn't affect humans, but we know better now as 2 doctors found the BT toxins in the blood of 96% of pregnant women: http://www.naturalnews.com/032407_Bt...cide_GMOs.html

It's a fact that GMO corn kills every lab rat that ever ate it, it's not fot for man nor beasts: http://www.carighttoknow.org/new_study

I as a 25+ year beekeeper can tell you GMO's are deadly to bees. In 2007 I had 300 bee hives working on the next inrease to 500 hives. GMO's totally wiped out my beekeeping and honey operation. I lost well over $100K! Look at what just happened in Canda when they planted the rat poison:
    http://livefreelivenatural.com/37-mi...id-pesticides/

Here you see the world's largest beekeeper totally wiped out! 30,000 hives! I think it happened again the next year with a much higher loss.

Finally you will see the beekeepers are suing the EPA for allowing this poison an the market

Just to add.... Farmers Abandoning GMO Seeds: Non-GMO is more profitable

FDA Rules Threaten Organic Farmers

The Monsanto Honey Bee Advisory Council

Honey Bee Colonies Collapsing in Europe

WTF? I just saw an ad on AJz for food banks. seems the gvmt set up a site where you can locate local food banks and is running a ad campaign to publicize then.

like: money is short, so I started going to the food bank and was thinking what will my neighbor think?
    then I saw my neighbor at the food bank...

quick google, and i find an article about the US Gvmt not buying as much food for food banks and mentions rapidly rising food prices as the cause. The article is from 2012.

meanwhile, BLM agents are killing cattle and burying them in mass graves and food prices are rising because corn is being turned into ethanol due to gvmt mandate instead of being used as human food or feed for animals...

Talk about FUBAR!

-t

Ready For The Price Of Food To More Than Double By The End Of This Decade?
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ble-end-decade

It's not just beef, pork, shrimp, eggs, and orange juice...

Submitted by Michael Snyder of The Economic Collapse blog,

Do you think that the price of food is high now? Just wait. If current trends continue, many of the most common food items that Americans buy will cost more than twice as much by the end of this decade. Global demand for food continues to rise steadily as crippling droughts ravage key agricultural regions all over the planet. You see, it isn't just the multi-year California drought that is affecting food prices. Down in Brazil (one of the leading exporters of food in the world), the drought has gotten so bad that 142 cities were rationing water at one point earlier this year. And outbreaks of disease are also having a significant impact on our food supply. A devastating pig virus that has never been seen in the U.S. before has already killed up to 6 million pigs. Even if nothing else bad happens (and that is a very questionable assumption to make), our food prices are going to be moving aggressively upward for the foreseeable future. But what if something does happen? In recent years, global food reserves have dipped to extremely low levels, and a single major global event (war, pandemic, terror attack, planetary natural disaster, etc.) could create an unprecedented global food crisis very rapidly.

A professor at the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University named Timothy Richards has calculated what the drought in California is going to do to produce prices at our supermarkets in the near future. His projections are quite sobering...
    [...]
    This is why so many families are financially stressed these days. The cost of living is going up at a steady pace, but for the most part our paychecks are not keeping up. Average Americans are having to stretch their money farther than ever, and many families have reached the breaking point.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I do not think people understand . I will guess food prices , by the end of the decade up 200 % from 2008 .

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Week from next Sunday , I will be planting beans .

Had grilled venison tenderloin for Easter dinner yesterday--absolutely delicious.

1. Get a damn job! You're a young fella, and you learn a lot from even the most basic jobs.
    2. Learn how to cook and it's easy to live on far less than what you're getting. Buy a whole turkey or chicken, a bag of frozen broccoli (or fresh if it's cheaper), some ginger/garlic, and whatever vegetables are in season. Cut the breasts off the chicken and use it to make stir-fry. Cut up the rest of the chicken and make roasted legs/thighs. Save the bones and make stock. Freeze the stock until you need it.

Basic herbs/spices you need--and you can grow most of them easily in CA:

garlic
    ginger
    rosemary
    cilantro
    basil
    paprika
    salt/pepper
    red pepper flakes
    cayenne
    cumin

Food stamps can be used to buy seeds and vegetable plants, which surprised me when I found out, but it makes sense. Grow some broccoli, peppers, lettuce, spinach, kale, etc.
    Yeah I've gone through alot of bull$#@! lately. Finally getting everything straightened out. Going into trucking school now. Its the perfect career for an INTJ who spends tons of time writing an Epic Medieval Fantasy book series.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Yeah I've gone through alot of bull$#@! lately. Finally getting everything straightened out. Going into trucking school now. Its the perfect career for an INTJ who spends tons of time writing an Epic Medieval Fantasy book series.
    Good for you! Just don't write and drive at the same time...and pack plenty of paleo snacks so you don't end up like most truckers.

Week from next Sunday , I will be planting beans .

I remember just hanging out in the garden when I was little and eating those all day. Them was the good old days...

From a related thread:

There is a specialty grocery store that makes it's own sausages (mostly chicken and pork). The price for several years has been $2.99/lb. Price went up this week to $3.49/lb. 17% price inflation.

From a related thread:
    That will be going up .

I was in the local chain grocery store this morning- just saw pints of hand made (even the flavor is hand written on the label- can tell since writing on each is different) ice cream made from grass feed cow milk. Only $10.99. A pint. Ben and Jerry's was $2.99.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I was in the local chain grocery store this morning- just saw pints of hand made (even the flavor is hand written on the label- can tell since writing on each is different) ice cream made from grass feed cow milk. Only $10.99. A pint. Ben and Jerry's was $2.99.
    I saw a beer ( one ) at the liquor store , some sort of grapefruit beer , I thought I would kind of like to pick up two to try, price was $10.70 per 16 oz bottle. I still have not tried it , hell for less than $9.63 , I can get a six pack of hard cider that tastes just like what I make in the fall .Of course mine costs me nothing except use of my favorite 5 gallon buckets with lids ( I have a swivel seat with cushion that fits on top that I use when dove hunting )

"the average monthly rent in America has risen 40%, the price of a dozen eggs has increased 106%, and the price of gas has gone up more than 176% since the year 2000."

~via http://goldsilverinvestments.net/janet-yellen-recessions-inflation-and-destruction-of-the-middle-class/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast