Thread: Investing in Gold & Silver with a Gold IRA Rollover

Investing in Gold & Silver with a Gold IRA Rollover

Not all gold companies are the same... This year I'm planning to rollover a portion of my retirement into precious metals. As I begin my online research, I'm finding that not all companies are fit for my business. I almost invested my money with a company based on the fact that they advertise on my favorite podcast - but found a lot of red flags when looking deeper into the business... Fortunately with forums like this, we can share experiences, and help each other. I'll start this off with a few companies... If anyone else has good/bad experiences with any gold IRA companies, please share here.

#1 Regal Assets -Highest BBB rating (A+) , highest BCA rating (AAA), 5 Star rating on TrustLink (350+ reviews). Low flat annual fee. Segregated storage. Very Low # of complaints. Open/close accounts in under 7 days.

#2 American Bullion - An A rating with BBB, an A rating with BCA, 5 Stars on TrustLink (14 reviews). Scalable fees (fees increase as portfolio gains value), several complaints found online. Offers segregated storage for higher fees.

#3 Goldline International - A D- rating with the BBB, an F rating with the BCA, and 2 out of 5 Stars on TrustLink (based on 45 reviews).

Here are just 3 of the several companies I've been investigating. If this is a popular post, I'll compile more here for convenience (although all of this info can be found with simple google searches)...

When researching a company look for -

- Better Business Bureau, Business Consumer Alliance (where available), TrustLink reviews, RipoffReport, and ComplaintsBoard ratings.

-What fees do they charge? Some companies offer low flat fees. Most offer SCALABLE fees (the fees increase with the value of your investments). Avoid scalable fees. A simple flat fee assures no surprises or "hidden" charges to your account...
    -Segregated or Commingled Vault storage? Make sure your gold and silver is segregated and securely separated from other investors metals.
    -Efficiency - how quickly can they open and liquidate accounts?

- Look for patterns in a company's complaints. Are several customer reviews criticizing the company for "pushy sales tactics?" These patterns give you an idea of what you can expect when doing business yourself. There are a LOT of companies offering gold/silver these days, so you do NOT have to give your business to any company that doesn't deserve it!

Good/Bad experiences? this could be a good place to help us all make the best decisions for our precious metals IRA investments.
    Last edited by Peter4Paul2016; 03-18-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.