Thread: Silencing the Scientist: Tyrone Hayes on Being Targeted By Herbicide Firm Syngenta

Silencing the Scientist: Tyrone Hayes on Being Targeted By Herbicide Firm Syngenta

We speak with a University of California scientist Tyrone Hayes, who discovered a widely used herbicide may have harmful effects on the endocrine system. But when he tried to publish the results, the chemical's manufacturer launched a campaign to discredit his work. Hayes was first hired in 1997 by a company, which later became agribusiness giant Syngenta, to study their product, Atrazine, a pesticide that is applied to more than half the corn crops in the United States, and widely used on golf courses and Christmas tree farms. When Hayes found results Syngenta did not expect -- that Atrazine causes sexual abnormalities in frogs, and could cause the same problems for humans -- it refused to allow him to publish his findings. A new article in The New Yorker magazine uses court documents from a class-action lawsuit against Syngenta to show how it sought to smear Hayes' reputation and prevent the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency from banning the profitable chemical, which is already banned by the European Union.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the typical modus operandi of the medical mafia. I am so glad these cockroaches are being exposed more and more.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is the typical modus operandi of the medical mafia. I am so glad these cockroaches are being exposed more and more.

Sygenta AG isn't a medical corporation. Do you ever get anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Where does she state Sygenta AG is a medical corporation? One can liken tactics used by one group to another without claiming they are of the same group. Are you ever anything but a PITA?
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Where does she state Sygenta AG is a medical corporation? One can liken tactics used by one group to another without claiming they are of the same group.
    Yeah, but she didn't.

Why is this in general politics. exactly? Why isn't it in the rather extensive thread that already exists about this guy?

Pharmaceutical giants Novartis and AstraZeneca formed Syngenta, from the agrochemical and seed divisions of Novartis and the agrochemicals and biotechnology research divisions of AstraZeneca, and spun it off. Syngenta is the world’s second biggest player in agrochemicals and the third biggest seed producer. [23][24]
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Syngenta
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Yeah, but she didn't.

Why is this in general politics. exactly? Why isn't it in the rather extensive thread that already exists about this guy?
    Why does everything need to be categorized into little boxes for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Why does everything need to be categorized into little boxes for you?
    Except when she posts crap.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No steam from the spout on this thread?

When I start threads, I don't attention-whore by purposely putting them in the wrong forum and then repeatedly bump them in a desperate plea for attention. This is not a political thread, and this topic does not belong here.

When I start threads, I don't attention-whore by purposely putting them in the wrong forum and then repeatedly bump them in a desperate plea for attention. This is not a political thread, and this topic does not belong here.
    LOL! The forum monitor who talks out of both sides of her mouth. You would do well in Politics, my dear.

LOL! The forum monitor who talks out of both sides of her mouth. You would do well in Politics, my dear.
    No I wouldn't, because I freaking hate self-righteous undeservingly smug idiots and make no attempt to hide that fact.

But you could rest assured that if I were in office, I wouldn't be presenting ideas about fixing the roads in education reform forums just because more people visited the education forums.

And I wouldn't put together a new committee every time some new bit of information emerged.

I like to be organized.