Thread: US military tries using small electric jolts to keep soldiers awake

US military tries using small electric jolts to keep soldiers awake

Soldiers don't have many options for overcoming sleep deprivation outside of a good cup of coffee. If the Air Force Research Laboratory's experiments prove successful, though, troops may rely on tiny jolts of electricity to stay alert. By using a mild current to stimulate key parts of the brain, the military's scientists can keep people awake and focused for long periods -- up to 30 hours in recent trials. The existing technique produces modest side effects like skin irritation and short headaches, and it's unlikely to reach civilians any time soon. However, a refined version could eventually prove crucial to drone pilots and other warriors who can't afford to take naps during crucial missions.
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/20/u...oldiers-alert/
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Yeah that's all we need is people at the trigger with their brain being cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    $#@!, they're already cooked on drugs, why not more for these monsters? Look for this soon in your local PD.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    One can imagine where this will go.

Remember sometime after SWC dronebag did dumb surge, supposed ring leader of the The Kill Team (hat killed inncocent civilians including children/babies going door to door in the middle of night and then burnt their bodies) had used reason that he had not slept for days.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    $#@!, they're already cooked on drugs, why not more for these monsters? Look for this soon in your local PD.

MIC is insane.

People need to sleep.
    THEN, if the job is still that boring, it should just go away.
    Go home and turn the light out.

30 years from now I bet they will all have problems directly related to this.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.