Thread: Glenn Beck declares ‘man crush’ on Brannon after interview

Glenn Beck declares ‘man crush’ on Brannon after interview

Glenn Beck declares ‘man crush’ on Brannon after interview
    With a jury down the hall considering a civil lawsuit against him, Republican Greg Brannon took time Tuesday to tout his U.S. Senate campaign on Glenn Beck's radio program.

Brannon cast his candidacy in the mold of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who has endorsed him, and it played well with Beck. By the end, the conservative firebrand talk show host declared he had "a man crush" on Brannon.

"I've talked to a lot of candidates and it usually takes me a while to warm up to them before I trust them," Beck told Brannon on The Blaze program. "You are so well read, so well thought out. I believe you. You are perhaps the best candidate I have ever talked to the first time out of the shoot. You are amazing. You are amazing."

Brannon, who praised Beck for his work, said he was "totally blown away" by the kind words and went on to talk about how he homeschools his children.

More music to Beck's ears. "Are you horribly disfigured by an acid accident or anything? Beck asked. "Because you should be running away with this."

The praise provided an interesting juxtaposition to the ongoing civil trial in which two investors and former friends accused Brannon and a co-defendent of providing misleading or false information about their failed startup tech company. The week-long trial featured testimony and arguments that put Brannon in an unflattering light.

The investors are seeking to recoup the $250,000 they put into Neogence Enterprises, a moble application company, and damages. A Wake County jury began to weigh the case Monday afternoon and continued deliberations in a room down the hall from where Brannon did the phone interview with Beck.

When asked the main difference between Republican Party front-runner Thom Tillis and his campaign, Brannon said Tillis "is backed by a guy named Karl Rove."

"Is he really? Dear God," the radio hosts' replied.

Brannon also questioned Tillis' conservative credentials, saying he won't debate the other candidates, supports (unnamed) private-public partnerships and favors toll roads.

"We will show his record and I hope he comes to debates," Brannon said.

Tillis has missed a number of early candidate forums but his campaign has said the House speaker would appear at events in coming weeks.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/...#storylink=cpy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I've talked to a lot of candidates and it usually takes me a while to warm up to them before I trust them," Beck told Brannon on The Blaze program. "You are so well read, so well thought out. I believe you. You are perhaps the best candidate I have ever talked to the first time out of the shoot. You are amazing. You are amazing."
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard Beck say this to someone. But I guess he really means it this time. Clearly he's coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard Beck say this to someone. But I guess he really means it this time. Clearly he's coming around.
    When has he said that to another candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    When has he said that to another candidate?
    I believe I heard him say pretty much those exact words to both Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin.

I believe I heard him say pretty much those exact words to both Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin.
    Got proof?

There ya go....
    None of those are from his first interview with the person in question. What he said to Brannon was he usually takes time to warm up to a candidate and this time it was love at first sight.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    None of those are from his first interview with the person in question. What he said to Brannon was he usually takes time to warm up to a candidate and this time it was love at first sight.
    Oh. Well, that's different then.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Oh. Well, that's different then.
    It's basically the opposite of what Danke does with women. He flatters them when he first meets them, then the longer they stay around the more distant he becomes. I think he's just scared of commitment.

Man crush? Beck's nuttier than a fruitcake.

He wanted French kiss Ron Paul after he called us terrorists and Ron Paul Mayor of crazy town.

Awkward at the 2:05 minute mark.

Maybe he should have waited a little longer before calling Christie "George Washington". Oh, and he said that about Rick Santorum, too.

Seems that the beck stock is up these days... He'll have another wave of haters after the election, after he endorses an establishment candidate.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Wow, y'all really hate good publicity huh? I guess we should just focus of the presidency of Ron Paul. Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by wealeat View Post
    Wow, y'all really hate good publicity huh? I guess we should just focus of the presidency of Ron Paul. Oh, wait...
    Ah, wait until you smell your leg and realize that's not rain. You'll be hate'n too.

Gulag Chief:

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Ah, wait until you smell your leg and realize that's not rain. You'll be hate'n too.
    He just raised 20k alone from that appearance. I reckon we could use more urine.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    He just raised 20k alone from that appearance. I reckon we could use more urine.
    Apparently... its raining gold, hallelujah.

20k, BFD... He's set us back much more than that. When he starts taking real risks, I'll believe. The man is never walking point, he's always in the rear... Yet he'll be there declaring victory, and selling liberty souvenirs. Whatev...

Gulag Chief:

You are out of your mind. The reason most people don't take us seriously.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by wealeat View Post
    You are out of your mind. The reason most people don't take us seriously.
    I wouldn't go that far, but he just raised almost a third of his accumulated money bomb total by spending just 20 mins with Beck.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-18-2014 at 11:05 PM.

No video of Beck humping his leg?

Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

x-post from the other Beck interview thread:

Beck's schtick is generally "honey - honey - poison" and I fully expect he will follow this script with Greg. Today was honey #1. You better believe Beck's people have already latched on the lawsuit stuff, some of Brannon's old commentaries, etc just waiting to spring them on him when the timing is right. If Greg wants to suck up to Beck with an expectation that Beck is his new BFF then Greg will be in for a rude awakening. Brannon should use Beck's schtick against him to build support (like he did today) but avoid him like the plague in the future. Heck, if I were Brannon's campaign manager I'd take today's interview and use the content through the rest of the campaign while never actually speaking to Beck again.

Tillis backed by NY neo-cons:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-conservatives
    Last edited by devil21; 02-20-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book