Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Cantor Primary Opponent Dave Brat

Default Eric Cantor Primary Opponent Dave Brat

http://davebratforcongress.com/ https://www.facebook.com/davebratforcongress

Dave Brat, Ph.D., is a free market economist who has dedicated his life to educating college students, business professionals and civic and religious groups on economics and ethics. Dave wants to help create jobs and prosperity and knows that the free market system is the only proven way to stimulate innovation and economic growth.

Eric Cantor, on the other hand, distorts the free market by picking winners and losers, and only allows big business and big donors a seat at his table: a table that we in the 7th district do not share.

Dave Brat thinks everyone is the 7th district should have an equal voice and equal access.

This major difference in background and philosophy provides significant insights as to the contrasts between how Dave Brat and Eric Cantor will approach their job as your congressman.

Every day, Dave Brat will fight to grow our economy, boost opportunities for hard working Americans, and stabilize the economic health of our nation so that our children and grandchildren can enjoy greater prosperity.

While Dave Brat understands that such goals can never be achieved through the growth of government and increased spending, Eric Cantor has embraced big government over the course of his tenure.

Throughout his entire career, Eric Cantor has supported countless measures and budgets to increase our debt and grow government. Despite his fiscal rhetoric, Eric Cantor voted for new spending measures like Medicare Part D, TARP bailouts, Chinese bailouts, Wall Street bailouts, two unfunded wars, and backed the kick-the-can-down-the-road Ryan-Murray budget.

Dave Brat understands that an economy cannot thrive with such a crushing national debt, and will oppose the efforts of status quo politicians like Eric Cantor to continue to spend money we do not have.

Many young people are now beginning to understand the “inter generational” theft that is occurring. We charge the tab, and they will pay the bill. Unlike Eric Cantor, Dave Brat will fight for the younger generation.

Despite the president’s own admission to congressional leadership that millions of Americans would lose their insurance due to Obamacare, Eric Cantor and other members of the Establishment failed to make a compelling case to the American people.

We have seen time and time again that leadership is about more than holding a particular title. Real leaders are willing to take a stand and step up to the podium to articulate conservative principles and educate the public on what we can do to solve these problems.

Eric Cantor has failed to address the biggest issues of our time:

Deficits without End, Debt over $17 Trillion and Unfunded Entitlement Liabilities are over $125 Trillion.

Our debt rises, Obamacare remains the law of the land, businesses are still afraid to hire, and families are still struggling to make ends meet. Jobs are scarce and, if we continue on the same path, the future is bleak.

As our congressman, Dave Brat will end the reckless spending and fight every day to get rid of Obamacare. He will work to end the economic uncertainty caused by the lack of leadership in Washington and seek to restore confidence in our dollar, our marketplace, and our national credit.

Dave Brat is a free market conservative with the right background and experience to get our nation’s economy back on track.

Dave Brat offers conservatives in the 7th District a clear choice this June. Send Dave Brat to Washington where he will restore your voice and work hard to provide the fiscal and regulatory restraint needed for a free economy to thrive.
    Like and share on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/davebratforcongress

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Where is this guy in his campaign? Is he still collecting signatures? has he been out speaking? knocking on doors?
    If you scroll down his FB you'll see he's been doing public speaking engagements and such with republican groups and women. Laura Ingraham (here main issue is anti-illegal immigration) has been tweeting out stuff on Brat (also had him on the show) and his primary challenge has also made Drudge in recent times. If VA folks are close by, they should volunteer for him.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 02-17-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Member House of Representatives - 7th District - Republican

Precincts Reporting: 2/243

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 163 29.85%
    REP Party David A. Brat 383 70.15%
    Total Votes 546

Is this the highlight of the evening? or an indication of what is to come?

Over 50% precincts reporting (140/243)...

Precincts Reporting: 140/243

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 16,773 42.22%
    REP Party David A. Brat 22,958 57.78%
    Total Votes 39,731

ETA: 7:43pm

Precincts Reporting: 167/243

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 20,234 43.23%
    REP Party David A. Brat 26,573 56.77%
    Total Votes 46,807

Precincts Reporting: 174/243

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 21,097 43.53%
    REP Party David A. Brat 27,372 56.47%
    Total Votes 48,469

ETA: 7:52pm

Precincts Reporting: 175/243 (72%)

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 21,097 43.53%
    REP Party David A. Brat 27,372 56.47%
    Total Votes 48,469

This would be one of the biggest primary upsets in history.

This could be the catalyst to swing things back in the direction of the Tea Party/Liberty movement. Lots of 'nobodies' running against establishment incumbents, at least in Michigan, that could use some momentum coming their way. Hope there is no dramatic shift in the last 20+ percent of voters.

Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    This would be one of the biggest primary upsets in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    This is VERY big.
    I agree that this is pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    This could be the catalyst to swing things back in the direction of the Tea Party/Liberty movement. Lots of 'nobodies' running against establishment incumbents, at least in Michigan, that could use some momentum coming their way. Hope there is no dramatic shift in the last 20+ percent of voters.
    I see a lot of analysis coming out of this. It should be interesting to see what the experts and others have to say.

I'm confused as to what happened. Maybe Politico can help me out-

No, that'll do.

FTA: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...11f_story.html

Eric Cantor succumbs to to tea party challenger Tuesday

In a stunning upset propelled by tea party activists, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) was defeated in Tuesday’s congressional primary, with insurgent David Brat delivering an unpredicted and devastating loss to the second most powerful Republican in the House who has widely been touted as a future speaker.

The race [was] called shortly after 8 p.m. Eastern by the Associated Press.

[ ...more at link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...11f_story.html]

Yes he lost. ABC called it

HOLY $#@!ING $#@!. Go Virginia.

I know the experts have called it already, but I always run out the ground balls.

Precincts Reporting: 231/243 (95%)

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 27,716 44.39%
    REP Party David A. Brat 34,723 55.61%
    Total Votes 62,439

So excited for all my friends and family 10 minutes north. Wish I still lived in the 7th district so I could have fired Eric Cantor too!

Man, kudos to all you who picked this face out of the crowd. But The Establishment will strike back.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Man, kudos to all you who picked this face out of the crowd. But The Establishment will strike back.
    They will, but we're picking away at them.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    According to C-SPAN, they're already plotting.

Quote Originally Posted by archer1600 View Post
    HOLY $#@!ING $#@!. Go Virginia.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis, archer.

Precincts Reporting: 243/243 (100%)

Candidate Votes Percent
    REP Party Eric I. Cantor 28,898 44.45%
    REP Party David A. Brat 36,110 55.55%
    Total Votes 65,008

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast