Thread: Boy, 10, steals parents' car to visit grandparents 68 miles away... then tells police he is a

Boy, 10, steals parents' car to visit grandparents 68 miles away... then tells police he is a

That little rascal!

If this had happened in America I wonder what sort of charges he (and his parents) would've faced?

A ten-year-old Norwegian boy who drove his parents’ car into a snowy ditch offered an inventive excuse to police: he was a dwarf who had forgotten his driver’s license.

The boy – who lives near Dokka, a town 110kms (68 miles) north of Oslo – put his 18-month old sister into the car sometime before 6am, while his parents were still sleeping and set off to visit his grandparents in Valdres, about 60 kilometres away.

He drove more than 10 kilometres before veering off the road, where he was found by a snowplow driver who alerted police.
    Good excuse: A boy drove off a snowy road in Norway, after he stole his parents car. When police found him he told them he was a dwarf who forgot his driver's licence.

‘The parents woke up and discovered that the children were missing and that someone had taken off with their car. They were pretty upset, as you can imagine,’ said Baard Christiansen, a spokesman for the Vest Oppland police district.

‘The boy told the snowplow driver that he was a dwarf and that he had forgotten his driver's licence at home.’

Police said the children were not injured and the car was not damaged, and that no charges would be filed.

‘We have talked to them, and I'm pretty sure they're going to pay very close attention both to their children and to their car keys in the future,’ Christiansen said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2tCknwoDQ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That little rascal!

If this had happened in America I wonder what sort of charges he (and his parents) would've faced?
    And if they would have charged him as an adult for kidnapping. Although the story does become a bit less comical with him bringing a 18 month old with him. Not too bright.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm a dwarf.
    I forgot my License .

Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Born with a huge set, apparently! LOL!!!

His poor parents. They're in for a ride!

If it was my kid, honestly, I'd be most upset about the car ending up in a ditch.

Well, no, I'd probably be most upset that the cops would have delivered me a brand new lifelong medical problem after they beat the kid into a vegetative state.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If it was my kid, honestly, I'd be most upset about the car ending up in a ditch.

Well, no, I'd probably be most upset that the cops would have delivered me a brand new lifelong medical problem after they beat the kid into a vegetative state.
    I don't like police, but I think that's still far from a given. Its very, very possible, but not a given.

I don't trust them as far as I can throw them, and I'm not in good shape, but I don't think its bad enough that that's anywhere near a "sure thing" yet. Maybe I'm wrong.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

‘We have talked to them, and I'm pretty sure they're going to pay very close attention both to their children and to their car keys in the future,’ Christiansen said.
    Here the Police would have wanted their revenue.

A few years ago I lived in a town where everyone knows everyone. The Sheriff's department was known for not arresting kids for stupid things (underage drinking) but rather driving them home and telling their parents. The Sheriff told me once that he wouldn't give someone a record for something he once did. I haven't seen that attitude anywhere else.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-13-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Here the Police would have wanted their revenue.

A few years ago I lived in a town where everyone knows everyone. The Sheriff's department was known for not arresting kids for stupid things (underage drinking) but rather driving them home and telling their parents. The Sheriff told me once that he would give someone a record for something he once did. I haven't seen that attitude anywhere else.
    I assume you meant "Wouldn't" instead of the bolded "would"?

If so, I wish that attitude was moral common .
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I assume you meant "Wouldn't" instead of the bolded "would"?

If so, I wish that attitude was moral common .
    Yes. Editting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Charged as an adult with vehicular terrorism, resisting arrest, the parents with felony child neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Charged as an adult with vehicular terrorism, resisting arrest, the parents with felony child neglect.
    You forgot felony public endangerment, citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12